North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm)marxistafozzski Thought S1 and Quaylink were GNE?

Still, there is no reason why it can't be done, extend a Quaylink Service to MetroCentre and drop the Circular bit round the Metro

You have misunderstood the post as well  Dodgy Read post above yours to see what i mean Smile

essentially what i mean is:

S1 contracted by Metrocentre and Quaylink contracted by Nexus but operated by Go North East. Correct if wrong.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 3:46 pm)Robert I know but I dont mean who operates them, i mean who Go North East operate the services on behalf of...hence why i said 'contracted' rather than 'operated'.
Ohh Right I follow now, in that case it would Nexus

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm)Robert You have misunderstood the post as well  Dodgy Read post above yours to see what i mean Smile

essentially what i mean is:

S1 contracted by Metrocentre and Quaylink contracted by Nexus but operated by Go North East. Correct if wrong.
So it is run on behalf of Nexus I guess...Does the MetroCentre chip in at all for the S1?

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm)marxistafozzski So it is run on behalf of Nexus I guess...Does the MetroCentre chip in at all for the S1?
Think they Contribute a Payment towards Branding and Advertising of the Service but other than that I have no idea, Dan might be able to shed some light on it though.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Think they Contribute a Payment towards Branding and Advertising of the Service but other than that I have no idea, Dan might be able to shed some light on it though.

Yes - Robert is right.

Neither service S1 nor the "QuayLink" services are commercially operated by Go North East.
Service S1 is funded by intu, whilst the "QuayLink" services are funded by Nexus. Both of these parties pay Go North East to operate and manage the service, and all takings are given to the party which secures/funds the service(s).

I'm not sure whether intu contributes towards the payment of branding (such as services S1, X66 or indeed service 100 which is operated by Stagecoach), but I do know that if their logos have been used, the operator has to contact intu to get the go-ahead with the branding. If they don't think it is acceptable, it's back to the drawing board...

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 25 Sep 2014

There's no point in extending any of the Quaylink services to the Metrocentre in my opinion.

Both services carry fresh-air for most of the day. If people really wanted to travel to Metrocentre from the Quayside - then they could easily take advantage of frequent connections to the Metrocentre at either Gateshead or Newcastle Central Station.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:21 pm)AdamY There's no point in extending any of the Quaylink services to the Metrocentre in my opinion.

Both services carry fresh-air for most of the day. If people really wanted to travel to Metrocentre from the Quayside - then they could easily take advantage of frequent connections to the Metrocentre at either Gateshead or Newcastle Central Station.

'Fraid to say that, as much as I like a good ol' #malarkeymarathon, I'm in this boat too.

Granted, potentially quicker journey times and through fares could be offered, but I can't see it increasing patronage greatly (if at all).

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm)Dan 'Fraid to say that, as much as I like a good ol' #malarkeymarathon, I'm in this boat too.

Granted, potentially quicker journey times and through fares could be offered, but I can't see it increasing patronage greatly (if at all).

Hence why NEXUS want to get rid of it

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm)Dan 'Fraid to say that, as much as I like a good ol' #malarkeymarathon, I'm in this boat too.

Although I'm aware that there are certain issues with Newcastle City Council over routing services via Dean Street, I'm sure it would be easier to divert, for example, Toonlink service 31 via Centrelink, Swing Bridge and Dean Street to provide this new link rather than revise the current Quaylink operation. 

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - markydh - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:25 pm)Michael Hence why NEXUS want to get rid of it

They don't want to get rid of it at all. They have merely suggested the funding may not be there to continue with it after the current contract has expired. Newcastle City Council wouldn't let them get rid of it either. Actually the Quaylink is not NEXUS funded in the usual sense. It was part-funded by the jointly NCC and GMBC owned and now defunct Newcastle-Gateshead Business Company. I'd suggest it's near certain NE1 will agree to take on the funding mantle next year.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 27 Sep 2014

I've noticed on GNE's FB page that loads of complaints have been made about the Fab 56 and it's poor reliability. Here's what I suggest:

- The Sunderland to Newcastle section operates every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime (half hourly evenings and Sundays) with a PVR of 11 B9TL's.

- The Concord to Newcastle section also operates every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and half hourly until 8-9pm and also half on a Sunday daytime until 6-7pm with the remaining 6 B9TL's.

- All in all, the frequency between Concord and Newcastle would be every 7-8 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 15 minutes during the early - mid evening and also during Sunday daytime.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 27 Sep 2014

The 56 delays is because of the road works near Nissan

Why should the Sunderland-Concord part of the route decrease to every 15 mins...?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 28 Sep 2014

(27 Sep 2014, 5:51 pm)DaveyBowyer I've noticed on GNE's FB page that loads of complaints have been made about the Fab 56 and it's poor reliability. Here's what I suggest:

- The Sunderland to Newcastle section operates every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime (half hourly evenings and Sundays) with a PVR of 11 B9TL's.

- The Concord to Newcastle section also operates every 15 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and half hourly until 8-9pm and also half on a Sunday daytime until 6-7pm with the remaining 6 B9TL's.

- All in all, the frequency between Concord and Newcastle would be every 7-8 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime and every 15 minutes during the early - mid evening and also during Sunday daytime.

People complain so half the route lose their current frequency? Ouch...

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 28 Sep 2014

Not sure the 56 will ever be reliable in its current guise - very similar to the 21, in that the nature of the route (roadworks or not) is going to cause issues.

My own thoughts would be to split the service in someway.

Newcastle - Concord - express to Sunderland via A1231, Waterview Park/Fire Bridge HQ roundabout and then normal route from Southwick.
Concord - Sunderland on current frequency.

Should be doable without changing the fleet about too much.
Not sure about timings, someone may be able to work those out.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 28 Sep 2014

(28 Sep 2014, 6:25 pm)Andreos1 Not sure the 56 will ever be reliable in its current guise - very similar to the 21, in that the nature of the route (roadworks or not) is going to cause issues.

My own thoughts would be to split the service in someway.

Newcastle - Concord - express to Sunderland via A1231, Waterview Park/Fire Bridge HQ roundabout and then normal route from Southwick.
Concord - Sunderland on current frequency.

Should be doable without changing the fleet about too much.
Not sure about timings, someone may be able to work those out.
Could it be done by keeping the current 56, but at a 20 minute frequency and introducing a new Express Service like Andreos suggests...

Mu suggestion

X56...Sunderland-Express to Washington Galleries-Springwell-Wrekenton-Express to Gateshead/Newcastle

Keep it at a 10 minute combined frequency

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 28 Sep 2014

I'd say that due to not only the length of both the 21 and 56 but also the traffic south of Newcastle, that's why they often run late. It's like if the Cradlewell by pass wasn't built nearly 20 year ago, the same problems would happen with the 309 / 310. What GNE could do however, is add 6099 to the board and increase the timings as well as give more layover time at each end.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 30 Sep 2014

I think both the Q1 and Q2 should be reduced to operate every 15 minutes, and add a few minutes to the timetable to aid with the sometimes very poor reliability. Are there any Nexus timetables which aren't very tightly timed? Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 02 Oct 2014

(30 Sep 2014, 3:04 pm)BJ10VUS I think both the Q1 and Q2 should be reduced to operate every 15 minutes, and add a few minutes to the timetable to aid with the sometimes very poor reliability. Are there any Nexus timetables which aren't very tightly timed? Tongue

Would seem better, no one ever uses it

I think in the next few months we might see GNE do a trail run on the X7 both evenings and Sundays... 

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 02 Oct 2014

(02 Oct 2014, 1:20 pm)Michael Would seem better, no one ever uses it

I think in the next few months we might see GNE do a trail run on the X7 both evenings and Sundays... 

I would be a good idea to run on a Sunday, even if it was shortened to turn round at Seaham, Peterlee or even go into Dalton Park on Sundays...

I imagine it would get quite good numbers on a Sunday morning to Sunday Mid-Afternoon, there is a load of people who goto the Car Boot Sale near Seaham Hall, put a bus stop close to the Car Boot entrance and I reckon it will work without too much of an effort

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 02 Oct 2014

X34 - Hartlepool - Peterlee - Easington Lane - Rainton Bridge Npower - Houghton le Spring - Doxford International - Sunderland

62 - Sunderland - Grangetown - Ryhope - New Seaham - Dalton Park - Murton - Hetton le Hole - Rainton Bridge Npower