North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 01 Oct 2014

(01 Oct 2014, 7:44 pm)Jimmi Looking on Traveline the 24 appears to be Durham - Peterlee only on evenings and the 22 is Peterlee - Sunderland only.

That will be right

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 02 Oct 2014

Been looking on Traveline at Sunday services in Darlington and this is what I think the new interworking patterns may be - can anyone confirm?

5A/19
26A/X66

I imagine this will be the case as presumably the 26A/X66 will use the Max Omnicitys on Sundays.

Also the daytime X66 will now have an added 2 minutes running time on Middlesbrough bound journeys and 1 minute extra on Darlington bound journeys and will leave Middlesbrough Bus Station 2 minutes later.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 07 Oct 2014

New 22, 61 and 64 timetables are now on Durham Pindar.
http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/announcements.asp

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 07 Oct 2014

It's interesting that service 62 will follow almost the same route as the GNE 50 between Durham and Arnison Centre.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - palatine3833 - 08 Oct 2014

(07 Oct 2014, 10:32 am)Jimmi It's interesting that service 62 will follow almost the same route as the GNE 50 between Durham and Arnison Centre.

Apparently it's to provide a better service along Pit Lane.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 08 Oct 2014

Arriva still hasn't posted full changes on their site even though they change on the 26th October..

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 08 Oct 2014

Apparently it's to provide a better service along Pit Lane.
They could do with a better service along there, as I rode the 50 last week and there was problems getting two wheelchair users onboard so we ended up arriving in Durham about 10 minutes late.
Downside is Framwellgate Moor Front Street and Pity Me will now only have the GNE 14 hourly to the Arnison Centre.

Arriva still hasn't posted full changes on their site even though they change on the 26th October..
It's pathetic really, two and a half weeks to go now and Arriva have said nothing yet about service changes and there are some pretty big changes, I can imagine complaints because people may be waiting on the first day of changes for the bus to Sunderland only to find it now runs to Hartlepool instead.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - palatine3833 - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 12:38 pm)Jimmi It's pathetic really, two and a half weeks to go now and Arriva have said nothing yet about service changes and there are some pretty big changes, I can imagine complaints because people may be waiting on the first day of changes for the bus to Sunderland only to find it now runs to Hartlepool instead.

The notices are waiting to go onto the buses, so I'm assuming they will go on at some point before Sunday.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Andreos1 - 08 Oct 2014

There were notices on the x2 Gemini I was on this morning about the changes.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - ross13 - 08 Oct 2014

Is there any changes to any darlo town services on the 26th oct

Is there any changes to any darlo town services on the 26th oct
Some changes to the 3, 4 & 19 - don't know what though.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Dan - 08 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 5:09 pm)ross13 Is there any changes to any darlo town services on the 26th oct

This post outlines some of the changes...

RE: Arriva bus changes! - tyresmoke - 08 Oct 2014

X26/X27 have a new timetable from end of October too. Will try and get some details on them all and post it

X26/X27 have a new timetable from end of October too. Will try and get some details on them all and post it
This is what I think will happen with the X26/X27/26A based on info from Traveline:

No change during Monday to Saturday daytimes.

On evenings it looks like it will operate as a standalone service and because of the odd journey time of just over an hour the 26A will leave Darlington at 1815, 1915, 2030 and 2130.

Sunday daytime 26A will leave Darlington at 15 mins past hour which is 15 minutes later than present. I may be wrong but looking at the times for the 26A and X66 on Sundays I think they will interwork and I think the 5A will interwork with the 19.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - JoshP - 09 Oct 2014

(08 Oct 2014, 10:42 pm)Jimmi This is what I think will happen with the X26/X27/26A based on info from Traveline:

No change during Monday to Saturday daytimes.

On evenings it looks like it will operate as a standalone service and because of the odd journey time of just over an hour the 26A will leave Darlington at 1815, 1915, 2030 and 2130.

Sunday daytime 26A will leave Darlington at 15 mins past hour which is 15 minutes later than present. I may be wrong but looking at the times for the 26A and X66 on Sundays I think they will interwork and I think the 5A will interwork with the 19.

If the above does happen, will this mean that EcoCity's will be used on the 5A & 19 on Sundays? 

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 09 Oct 2014

If the above does happen, will this mean that EcoCity's will be used on the 5A & 19 on Sundays?
I have no idea.

Hopefully the 5A will use EcoCitys or Pulsars on a Sunday rather than Solos.

Apparently the new timetables will be online within the next week.

People are getting really frustrated with the fact Arriva has posted nothing with only just over two weeks to go.

I saw a compliant the other day about the 21 no longer serving Shotton anymore and I'm not surprised by this as I have seen people get on/off at the Industrial Estate from even as far as Newton Aycliffe so now they'd either have to walk or get another bus there.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Dan - 09 Oct 2014

(09 Oct 2014, 10:37 am)Jimmi Apparently the new timetables will be online within the next week.

People are getting really frustrated with the fact Arriva has posted nothing with only just over two weeks to go.

I saw a compliant the other day about the 21 no longer serving Shotton anymore and I'm not surprised by this as I have seen people get on/off at the Industrial Estate from even as far as Newton Aycliffe so now they'd either have to walk or get another bus there.

It really is surprising that Arriva hasn't made any announcements on their e-Media platforms yet. As you say, the services are changing in just two weeks, and nothing has been posted online.

I notice that Go North East added something to their website ahead of service changes five weeks ahead of the changes taking place. I also noticed that individual journeys which have been withdrawn due to low passenger numbers in these changes have been quoted in the article - also including alternatives which can be used instead between certain points of the route. As I'm sure most of you will agree, this is definitely a step in the right direction. The exclusion of these details has been discussed on this forum in the past, and I know a number of folks on this forum are keen to send in their feedback... Tongue 

It really is surprising that Arriva hasn't made any announcements on their e-Media platforms yet. As you say, the services are changing in just two weeks, and nothing has been posted online.

I notice that Go North East added something to their website ahead of service changes five weeks ahead of the changes taking place. I also noticed that individual journeys which have been withdrawn due to low passenger numbers in these changes have been quoted in the article - also including alternatives which can be used instead between certain points of the route. As I'm sure most of you will agree, this is definitely a step in the right direction. The exclusion of these details has been discussed on this forum in the past, and I know a number of folks on this forum are keen to send in their feedback... [Image: tongue.gif] 
If cbma06 hadn't emailed Arriva and there was no Durham Pindar site we would have very little idea what was going, I have little idea what's happening with services in Darlington.