North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 23 Jan 2019

Teesside and East Cleveland Changes from 17th February 2019
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/service-changes-in-teesside-and-east-cleveland/

Darlington and County Durham changes from 17th February 2019
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/service-changes-in-darlington-and-county-durham/

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JM03 - 23 Jan 2019

(21 Jan 2019, 1:50 pm)V514DFT Quick question,after the works are finished on Whitley Road,will the 51/51A and 53 return to serving Benton Asda or is it scrapped for good
51/51A still serve Asda now. With the plans being sent through my door, the 53 will not return to Asda. The 42/A looks unlikley to keep going for much longer tbh

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 23 Jan 2019

(23 Jan 2019, 1:47 pm)Kuyoyo Teesside and East Cleveland Changes from 17th February 2019
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/service-changes-in-teesside-and-east-cleveland/

Darlington and County Durham changes from 17th February 2019
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/service-changes-in-darlington-and-county-durham/

Looks as though the 1/5/5a and perhaps the X1 will all interwork, the 3/3a/19 will interwork and the 12 will be standalone. From some quick calculations I reckon there'll be at least 3 Streetlites now spare at Darlington. An additional solo will be required for the 3/3a/19 and presumably also the 12.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 23 Jan 2019

(23 Jan 2019, 4:00 pm)JM03 51/51A still serve Asda now. With the plans being sent through my door, the 53 will not return to Asda. The 42/A looks unlikley to keep going for much longer tbh

Thats absolutely ridiculous

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JM03 - 23 Jan 2019

(23 Jan 2019, 10:16 pm)V514DFT Thats absolutely ridiculous
Tbh its not really. The 53 on the peak hours is absolutely shocken and could spend up to 20 mins or more to get to Asda and back round, the worst use had to wait in Holystone is 2 hours and 35 minutes yet still had to add a extra 45 mins in catastrophic traffic to grt to Asda and back. For punctuality overall and for others living in my area, I think it is a very good move by arriva. This has been enforced anyways because the roundabout at Asda is getting taken out and will be a junction along withe the roundabout by the Wheatsheaf pub which unless sent around Benton Industrial estate or Holystone Park means 42/A will eventually have to cut off from Asda so it might be a good idea to start Asda free buses for Benton asda when that comes into play like the Byker and Metrocentre asdas. These plans have lots of positives and negatives but what effects it'll bring we will have to see.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 24 Jan 2019

(23 Jan 2019, 11:04 pm)JM03 Tbh its not really. The 53 on the peak hours is absolutely shocken and could spend up to 20 mins or more to get to Asda and back round, the worst use had to wait in Holystone is 2 hours and 35 minutes yet still had to add a extra 45 mins in catastrophic traffic to grt to Asda and back. For punctuality overall and for others living in my area, I think it is a very good move by arriva. This has been enforced anyways because the roundabout at Asda is getting taken out and will be a junction along withe the roundabout by the Wheatsheaf pub which unless sent around Benton Industrial estate or Holystone Park means 42/A will eventually have to cut off from Asda so it might be a good idea to start Asda free buses for Benton asda when that comes into play like the Byker and Metrocentre asdas. These plans have lots of positives and negatives but what effects it'll bring we will have to see.

Forest Hall/Killingworth missing out again an no,the 42/42A will turn around at the Wheatsheaf roundabout

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Stuartphin1639 - 24 Jan 2019

(23 Jan 2019, 4:22 pm)peter Looks as though the 1/5/5a and perhaps the X1 will all interwork, the 3/3a/19 will interwork and the 12 will be standalone. From some quick calculations I reckon there'll be at least 3 Streetlites now spare at Darlington. An additional solo will be required for the 3/3a/19 and presumably also the 12.

That could be easily sorted though send the 3 spare Streetlite to service 8/8A with the three remaining pulsars at Darlington to Stockton to withdraw the remaining cadets or to other depots to withdraw older stock

Unless Darlington are going to start getting solos refurbed into new colours with the branding on the majority of Darlington solos now defunct because of the service changes

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 24 Jan 2019

(24 Jan 2019, 1:20 pm)Stuartphin1639 That could be easily sorted though send the 3 spare Streetlite to service 8/8A with the three remaining pulsars at Darlington to Stockton to withdraw the remaining cadets or to other depots to withdraw older stock

Unless Darlington are going to start getting solos refurbed into new colours with the branding on the majority of Darlington solos now defunct because of the service changes

Was pretty much my thinking with regards to putting lites on the 8/8A.

They'll likely just slightly alter the current 3/3A/3B branding as services interworking doesn't seem to have stopped them from route branding buses before e.g. 48/X46 and that's providing they actually do anything about branding, wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of the 21/X21 branded Eco's. Frequenta route brandings could really do with being abolished in Darlington considering most now interwork with other services and Frequenta 2s now being allocated to X21 daily.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S830OFT - 24 Jan 2019

With the X21 set to interwork with the ED4 I think there will be a lot of dead mileage from Faverdale to North Hylton.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Stuartphin1639 - 24 Jan 2019

(24 Jan 2019, 3:07 pm)S830OFT With the X21 set to interwork with the ED4 I think there will be a lot of dead mileage from Faverdale to North Hylton.

It’s it actually going to interwork with it though? If so I wouldn’t be surprised if Durham done the morning one and Darlington done the night one? Just a thought though, it would be closer for Durham to do the early one

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 24 Jan 2019

(24 Jan 2019, 11:00 pm)Stuartphin1639 It’s it actually going to interwork with it though? If so I wouldn’t be surprised if Durham done the morning one and Darlington done the night one? Just a thought though, it would be closer for Durham to do the early one
Whilst it sounds far, it actually takes a similar amount of mileage and time to get back to Faverdale from North Hylton than it takes to run dead to/from Peterlee Bus Station. The changes to the weekday timetable mean only one bus will now run dead to Peterlee on a morning (currently two run dead) and there won't be a bus running dead back from Peterlee on a night anymore, so if my calculations are correct the combined mileage should actually be slightly less than it is now.

According to Google Maps here are some estimated comparisons for mileage and time (obviously times will be longer as bus can't do 70mph but you get the idea):

North Hylton to Belmont: 11 miles, 17 minutes
North Hylton to Faverdale: 29 miles, 33 minutes
Peterlee Bus Station to Faverdale: 27 miles, 34 minutes

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 30 Jan 2019

(18 Jan 2019, 7:43 pm)RobinHood It looks like an error, as there appears to be an 0611 and 0616 from Easington? Yet they arrive into Middlesbrough 30 minutes apart.

That has now been amended - the 0611 is now a 0558, one of the very interesting trip on the 5 under the new timetable as its one that won’t be a Sapphire vehicle.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 30 Jan 2019

(30 Jan 2019, 7:19 am)Kuyoyo That has now been amended - the 0611 is now a 0558, one of the very interesting trip on the 5 under the new timetable as its one that won’t be a Sapphire vehicle.
How's that interesting? Seemingly a fair few aren't Sapphires these days anyway!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 30 Jan 2019

(30 Jan 2019, 7:42 am)Dan How's that interesting? Seemingly a fair few aren't Sapphires these days anyway!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Only until the issues have been sorted. The first 3 of Stockton’s 5s from Easington on a weekday morning are booked for non-Sapphire stock from the 18th - as are a few of the peak and early evening journeys.

The more interesting allocation amendment is Stockton’s last X66 being booked for Streetlite allocation.....

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 30 Jan 2019

Issues sorted? I won't hold my breath.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - GuyParkRoyal - 07 Feb 2019

PB0002717/475 Registered
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
Route: Whitby Park & Ride to Whitby Park & Ride
Service number: P1 (P2, P1)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 07 Apr 2019

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 08 Feb 2019

You missed this one

PB0002032/585 Registered (Short notice)
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
Route: North Shields Ferry to South Shields Ferry
Service number: 585 (585)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 25 Feb 2019

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 08 Feb 2019

It would appear the decision to re-route services 56/57/57A/X12 via Hallgarth Street on journeys departing from Durham has been reversed, all mentions of the diverting via Hallgarth Street have been removed with the Arriva journey planner (currently no new timetables online for 56/57/57A on their website) and BusTimes website indicating these services as now operating the current route out of Durham via Church Street.

Looking on Google Maps, it appears these services were actually going to have a stop on Hallgarth Street.[Image: f611004e3f0bd8e2a91eac36e073d963.jpg]

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Feb 2019

Seems the 5 not going to Hollybush evenings and Sundays after all.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 13 Feb 2019

Is there any actual change to the X12 this weekend then? There's nothing on their website though the window bills mention it.