North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 10 Oct 2014

It would appear that Bishop Auckland service 87 will be withdrawn from Sunday 26th October due to low passenger numbers, possibly because people are choosing to use the SB Travel 108/109 instead.

New timetables are now finally on Arriva's website.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm)Jimmi New timetables are now finally on Arriva's website.

About time!

For quickness here is the link to the changes: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/service-changes-october-2014/

Surprised that they mention to use alternative buses from different operators. 

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Greg in Weardale - 10 Oct 2014

What a useless website. I can't find Arriva 6 under Durham or Bishop Auckland. I'm sure it wasn't this bad last time I used it. From North East timetables it keeps going back to routes over the whole bloody country. It makes Simplygo.com seem wonderful.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm)Greg in Weardale What a useless website. I can't find Arriva 6 under Durham or Bishop Auckland. I'm sure it wasn't this bad last time I used it. From North East timetables it keeps going back to routes over the whole bloody country. It makes Simplygo.com seem wonderful.

Ye the Arriva site is terrible, the GNE one isn't bad, Stagecoach website is good to. 

What a useless website. I can't find Arriva 6 under Durham or Bishop Auckland. I'm sure it wasn't this bad last time I used it. From North East timetables it keeps going back to routes over the whole bloody country. It makes Simplygo.com seem wonderful.
Timetables that are changing have disappeared from the locations.

Click the link in Michaels post then press Service 6 in green and this will take you to the 6 timetable.

The mobile site is terrible.

Ye the Arriva site is terrible, the GNE one isn't bad, Stagecoach website is good to.
I hate the text they use on their timetables, I find it difficult to read and sometimes the letters are disappearing at the bottom.

Also the maps, what are they using to draw the route with: A pencil on paint! It especially looks ridiculous on a long route like the 21/21A or X1/X2, I can't tell the route the 21/21A is going to take through Peterlee looking at that map on the timetable.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Greg in Weardale - 10 Oct 2014

The Arriva website is crud and the timetables with every stop timed just daft. All I want is an easy to find and load pdf version of the everyday timetable. Also the 6 timetable in the Durham Pindar site dated 27 Oct 2014 is in fact the old timetable.

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 10 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 5:37 pm)Jimmi I hate the text they use on their timetables, I find it difficult to read and sometimes the letters are disappearing at the bottom.

Also the maps, what are they using to draw the route with: A pencil on paint! It especially looks ridiculous on a long route like the 21/21A or X1/X2, I can't tell the route the 21/21A is going to take through Peterlee looking at that map on the timetable.

The Arriva 21/21A new route in Peterlee is the following: between wingate and Peterlee A19 roundabout it follows GNE X7 route then between A19 and Peterlee bus station it does the old 24 route, the X21 goes between Peterlee bus station and A19 it does the X7 route then comes off A19 to go into ryhope

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 10 Oct 2014

I hate the arriva new website for the timetables, perfer to see the whole timetable on the screen.

So it looks like the streetlites will be on service 23 probably when their change the services on 26th October by what their say in the changes list.

The Arriva 21/21A new route in Peterlee is the following: between wingate and Peterlee A19 roundabout it follows GNE X7 route then between A19 and Peterlee bus station it does the old 24 route, the X21 goes between Peterlee bus station and A19 it does the X7 route then comes off A19 to go into ryhope
Ah okay thanks.

I kept seeing notes about the route through Peterlee but I don't know Peterlee that well so was waiting for a map or to be told its instead of what route.

Bit disappointed that the timetable on the Arriva website doesn't give connection times between the 21/X21.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Kuyoyo - 10 Oct 2014

The printed timetables for the X66/66 are now in Middlesbrough Bus Station - the other timetables will be available next week as they haven't been delivered from the printers yet.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Multi21 - 13 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm)cbma06 The Arriva 21/21A new route in Peterlee is the following: between wingate and Peterlee A19 roundabout it follows GNE X7 route then between A19 and Peterlee bus station it does the old 24 route, the X21 goes between Peterlee bus station and A19 it does the X7 route then comes off A19 to go into ryhope
X21 isn't that being operated by Gas buses?  That are limited to 50mph? Wise move sending them up the A19

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2014

X21 isn't that being operated by Gas buses?  That are limited to 50mph? Wise move sending them up the A19
Yup, the EcoCitys will be used on the 21/X21, unless they've changed their minds about what route there going on again.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2014

Walting Road in Bishop Auckland is closed apart from residents, services are diverting through Henknowle Estate and expect delays to services 1, 5/5A, 6 and X1.

Darlington buses now have notices for the upcoming service changes.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 15 Oct 2014

Services changes being post for Northumberland

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/service-changes-in-northumberland-2014

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 19 Oct 2014

Still no X21 timetable on the Arriva site... unless i'm doing something wrong

(i know its on the Durham council site)

Changes are also a week away!

RE: Arriva bus changes! - beefcake - 19 Oct 2014

If you click on the 21 timetable, then click on the one available from 26th October, it should show up then

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Dan - 19 Oct 2014

(19 Oct 2014, 7:25 pm)Michael Still no X21 timetable on the Arriva site... unless i'm doing something wrong

(i know its on the Durham council site)

Changes are also a week away!

It's just Arriva's awful website... They've rolled the 21/21A/X21 timetable into one.
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/services/21-21a-x21---darlington-to-peterlee-21-middlesbrough-to-peterlee-21a-peterlee-to-sunderland-x21/?direction=outbound&date=141026