North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 21 Oct 2014

Durham county council have already changed the timetable information at bus stops in Peterlee.

Sunderland interchange had new Arriva timetables for 22,23 and 21/21A,X21.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 21 Oct 2014

I picked up the new 61/62 timetable in Durham Bus Station this afternoon and it says that they are both supported by Durham County Council.

No other timetables in Durham Bus Station.

At present service 24 leaves Peterlee Pennine drive at 08:21 and gets into Sunderland at 09:06. Next week service 21/X21 leaves Peterlee Pennine drive at 08:21 and gets into Sunderland at 09:08. 2 minutes later by the timetable. Even though passengers will have 9 minute sit at Peterlee bus station twiddling their thumbs.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - RobinHood - 21 Oct 2014

(21 Oct 2014, 5:46 pm)cbma06 At present service 24 leaves Peterlee Pennine drive at 08:21 and gets into Sunderland at 09:06.  Next week service 21/X21 leaves Peterlee Pennine drive at 08:21 and gets into Sunderland at 09:08. 2 minutes later by the timetable. Even though passengers will have 9 minute sit at Peterlee bus station twiddling their thumbs.
At present however, what time does that Service 24 actually arrive in Sunderland?

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Dan - 21 Oct 2014

(21 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm)RobinHood At present however, what time does that Service 24 actually arrive in Sunderland?

Any time between on-time and 15 minutes late - more often late than on-time, from my experience.

(21 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm)RobinHood At present however, what time does that Service 24 actually arrive in Sunderland?

I was going by what was stated in the official timetable itself.

(21 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm)Dan Any time between on-time and 15 minutes late - more often late than on-time, from my experience.

I was on that particular bus this morning, it was only running abit late because of the schools, on school holidays the service is on time.

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - Dan - 21 Oct 2014

(21 Oct 2014, 7:17 pm)cbma06 I was on that particular bus this morning, it was only running abit late because of the schools, on school holidays the service is on time.
I think the waiting time in Peterlee will help reliability though, and providing the timings have been planned realistically, they should be arriving into Park Lane on time rather than a few mins late.

Probably little to no difference in the journey times in reality.

Arriva bus changes! - MrPottski - 21 Oct 2014

So, they are reckoning on 26 mins from Peterlee Bus Station to Park Lane. I drove it on Sunday (light traffic), in an EcoCity, without stopping and it took 21 minutes. That's gonna be tight!

(21 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm)MrPottski So, they are reckoning on 26 mins from Peterlee Bus Station to Park Lane. I drove it on Sunday (light traffic), in an EcoCity, without stopping and it took 21 minutes. That's gonna be tight!

Not sure what the differences are in terms of mileage or top speed of the buses, but Go North East allocates 30 minutes to get from Peterlee to Sunderland, on its X7 service which is allocated Mercedes Citaros, serving Dawdon Business Park, Seaham and Grangetown. I find that the timings are quite slack and drivers often have time to twiddle their thumbs or have increased layover at Park Lane - and that's when they have to deal with picking up/dropping off quite a few people!

Chances are you won't pick up in Ryhope anyway (really can't see there being a demand but I could be wrong), so you'll be non-stop regardless.

So, they are reckoning on 26 mins from Peterlee Bus Station to Park Lane. I drove it on Sunday (light traffic), in an EcoCity, without stopping and it took 21 minutes. That's gonna be tight!
Not sure what the differences are in terms of mileage or top speed of the buses, but Go North East allocates 30 minutes to get from Peterlee to Sunderland, on its X7 service which is allocated Mercedes Citaros, serving Dawdon Business Park, Seaham and Grangetown. I find that the timings are quite slack and drivers often have time to twiddle their thumbs or have increased layover at Park Lane - and that's when they have to deal with picking up/dropping off quite a few people!

Chances are you won't pick up in Ryhope anyway (really can't see there being a demand but I could be wrong), so you'll be non-stop regardless.
Doesn't help that the top speed of the EcoCitys is about 52mph, although the X21 gets 4 minutes at Peterlee before departing for Sunderland and then 7 minutes layover time before it departs Park Lane to head back to Peterlee then 5 minutes before heading back to Darlington as the 21, it is a bit tight especially in an EcoCity.

Probably only pick up concession passes in Ryhpoe heading to Sunderland who get on the first bus that turns up.

(21 Oct 2014, 8:55 pm)Jimmi Doesn't help that the top speed of the EcoCitys is about 52mph, although the X21 gets 4 minutes at Peterlee before departing for Sunderland and then 7 minutes layover time before it departs Park Lane to head back to Peterlee then 5 minutes before heading back to Darlington as the 21, it is a bit tight especially in an EcoCity.

Probably only pick up concession passes in Ryhpoe heading to Sunderland who get on the first bus that turns up.

Service X7 rarely stops at Grangetown - passengers tend to let it go past as they're still unfamiliar with what the service is (and it's been around for quite a while now). I have no doubt that the same will apply for the X21 too.

Can't remember off the top of my head where in Ryhope the X21 stops now, but assuming it's near the War Memorial...
Obviously with 16 buses per hour through Ryhope (6x 29/39, 6x 60, 4x 61) from Go North East, it's unlikely that the X21 would be the first one to turn up anyway.

Service X7 rarely stops at Grangetown - passengers tend to let it go past as they're still unfamiliar with what the service is (and it's been around for quite a while now). I have no doubt that the same will apply for the X21 too.

Can't remember off the top of my head where in Ryhope the X21 stops now, but assuming it's near the War Memorial...
Obviously with 16 buses per hour through Ryhope (6x 29/39, 6x 60, 4x 61) from Go North East, it's unlikely that the X21 would be the first one to turn up anyway.
The X21 looks to stop at all stops between Ryhope Village, Stockton Road and Park Lane according to the timetable on their website.
Again why are the times for the X21 to Sunderland below Newton Aycliffe Huh  Awful website, just awful!

I assume people will let the X7 go past as people will see the X and see it as an express service so will assume it doesn't stop at that stop, just hope things aren't the same for the X21.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - transit2014 - 22 Oct 2014

Notice on Darlington buses today. Existing Darlington Borough tickets renamed Darlington/Aycliffe and extended as far as Rushyford. At £17 weekly should be quite a bit cheaper for regulars!

Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 22 Oct 2014

A couple of minutes ago their was an arriva gas bus just went along Southway and it came up from being at the cricket club at Helford. It was branded on the side for service 21 and not branded for service X21.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - tyresmoke - 22 Oct 2014

There's an event on at Peterlee pavilion at present I understand, 4812/13/14 are all branded for the 21/X21 - 4814 (WX13GHN) is the one at the event today

(22 Oct 2014, 11:23 am)tyresmoke There's an event on at Peterlee pavilion at present I understand, 4812/13/14 are all branded for the 21/X21 - 4814 (WX13GHN) is the one at the event today

Cheers for the info tyresmoke.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 22 Oct 2014

On VOSA today:

PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham North Road and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 14-Dec-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Arriva bus changes! - MrPottski - 22 Oct 2014

(22 Oct 2014, 11:10 am)cbma06 A couple of minutes ago their was an arriva gas bus just went along Southway and it came up from being at the cricket club at Helford. It was branded on the side for service 21 and not branded for service X21.

They're branded for both cbma.

.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413993873.990388.jpg
Size 131.36 KB / Downloads 40

(22 Oct 2014, 4:04 pm)MrPottski They're branded for both cbma.

Yep, I saw the picture on the other thread afterwards, the bus looked smart though.