North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 10 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 7:11 pm)Unber43 Hmm wonder what will happen to the 61/62.

What part of the 64 is contracted as it hardly seems like a loss making serivce?

The contract for the 61/62 was awarded to Scarlet Band, but it has been announced to staff that despite winning a large number of contracts (net PVR decrease of 2 even though they lost the Park & Ride), that the company will cease operations and close from 31 October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 10 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 8:16 pm)Dan The contract for the 61/62 was awarded to Scarlet Band, but it has been announced to staff that despite winning a large number of contracts (net PVR decrease of 2 even though they lost the Park & Ride), that the company will cease operations and close from 31 October.

Hmm. 

Hopefully GNE can pick up some contracts and possibly be enough to open a outstation at Durham as they expand services south bound with what seems to be great success, Belmont Industrial Estate seems have a bit of room.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 10 Oct 2022

Teesside Changes from 31st October

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/improved-changes-to-services-in-stockton-on-tees

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 10 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 8:20 pm)Unber43 Hmm. 

Hopefully GNE can pick up some contracts and possibly be enough to open a outstation at Durham as they expand services south bound with what seems to be great success, Belmont Industrial Estate seems have a bit of room.

Can't see GNE or even Arriva being interested in operating many DCC contracts, unless it was for an excessively high price. They can't even run what the services they have got now, never mind additional services.

(10 Oct 2022, 8:29 pm)Thomas12 Can't see GNE or even Arriva being interested in operating many DCC contracts, unless it was for an excessively high price. They can't even run what the services they have got now, never mind additional services.
Maybe with 100 new drivers they could!

(10 Oct 2022, 8:44 pm)Unber43 Maybe with 100 new drivers they could!

Maybe!

As far as I am aware, they had lost the Durham City contracts to Scarlet Band anyway (204, 40/41/42), so this would suggest they aren't too interested in operating them.

However, now Scarlet Band are ceasing, it might be a different story.

(10 Oct 2022, 8:48 pm)Thomas12 Maybe!

As far as I am aware, they had lost the Durham City contracts to Scarlet Band anyway (204, 40/41/42), so this would suggest they aren't too interested in operating them.

Really? They lost them. 

I didn't realise the contract was up.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 10 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 8:48 pm)Thomas12 Maybe!

I’m sure GNE would have submitted a price for these contracts.

The 204 was lost to Gateshead Central Taxis.

(10 Oct 2022, 8:51 pm)Dan I’m sure GNE would have submitted a price for these contracts.

Oh dear - Gateshead Central Taxis appear to be taking over a fair few Durham contracted services now then. 

If they've won anymore, I can see reliability getting worse on Nexus services too considering they've won the P&R.

(10 Oct 2022, 8:51 pm)Dan I’m sure GNE would have submitted a price for these contracts.

Ouch! Poor Souls in Sherburn Village. 

How have they been handling the 67/69?

(10 Oct 2022, 9:00 pm)Unber43 Ouch! Poor Souls in Sherburn Village. 

How have they been handling the 67/69?

The 67/69 have been fine but at the expense of other services. 

335 was a pretty decent operation prior to September and has gone to pot now. There seems to be at least 1 bus missing every day. I've heard the 342 has declined too.

(10 Oct 2022, 9:02 pm)Thomas12 The 67/69 have been fine but at the expense of other services. 

335 was a pretty decent operation prior to September and has gone to pot now. There seems to be at least 1 bus missing every day. I've heard the 342 has declined too.
When winning a contract there should proper checks to see if they can operate the service.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 11 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 8:16 pm)Dan The contract for the 61/62 was awarded to Scarlet Band, but it has been announced to staff that despite winning a large number of contracts (net PVR decrease of 2 even though they lost the Park & Ride), that the company will cease operations and close from 31 October.

Sad to hear about Scarlet Band, probably the only independent operator who wasn’t forced off the road or bought out by a bigger operator than other independents in the 80’s and 90’s.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 11 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 9:04 pm)Unber43 When winning a contract there should proper checks to see if they can operate the service.

So GNE ruled out then...? The running of the 28 and 29 has been absolutely diabolical and nothing worse than anything ran by GCT which are both Durham tenders.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 11 Oct 2022

(11 Oct 2022, 7:36 am)Storx So GNE ruled out then...? The running of the 28 and 29 has been absolutely diabolical and nothing worse than anything ran by GCT which are both Durham tenders.
 seconded by first hand experience.  Girl in my office uses the 69 and said they are more reliable now than they have been for the last couple of years.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 11 Oct 2022

(11 Oct 2022, 7:36 am)Storx So GNE ruled out then...? The running of the 28 and 29 has been absolutely diabolical and nothing worse than anything ran by GCT which are both Durham tenders.
I agree, however GNE have shown some willingness trying to recuit 100 new drivers. 

Don't forget the 25 (which just has a awful layover place if they terminate there), 71.

Another thing with GCT they're just bad for the customer, no day tickets with the 28/29 atleast you can get a dayticket to other parts of the network thats my main issue with contracted services it just cuts people off.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 11 Oct 2022

(11 Oct 2022, 7:57 am)Rob44  seconded by first had experience.  Girl in my office uses the 69 and said they are more reliable now than they have been for the last couple of years.
They seem to be reliably providing a service on the 104 in the Bishop Auckland area with all journeys seemingly performing the full route last time I checked, unlike Rural Link who would always skip out Byers Green on Newfield bound trips unless passengers wished to alight there (when they actually bothered to leave Bishop Bus Stn that is)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 11 Oct 2022

(11 Oct 2022, 8:07 am)Unber43 I agree, however GNE have shown some willingness trying to recuit 100 new drivers. 

Don't forget the 25 (which just has a awful layover place if they terminate there), 71.

Another thing with GCT they're just bad for the customer, no day tickets with the 28/29 atleast you can get a dayticket to other parts of the network thats my main issue with contracted services it just cuts people off.

In fairness they've all been trying to get drivers for the best part of a year. If you're actively trying to get driver's due to shortages then you shouldn't really be trying to get more work at the same time. The operator shouldn't be chosen on day tickets though, that's an regionwise issue.

(11 Oct 2022, 8:08 am)Jimmi They seem to be reliably providing a service on the 104 in the Bishop Auckland area with all journeys seemingly performing the full route last time I checked, unlike Rural Link who would always skip out Byers Green on Newfield bound trips unless passengers wished to alight there (when they actually bothered to leave Bishop Bus Stn that is)

Rural Link / PCL Travel / whatever name this week is or was the worst company around. I'm not sure how they lasted so long and Peter Cowell is as dodgy as they can get. I know they got one of their licences revoked in the past. Why they got contracts I really don't know.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 11 Oct 2022

(10 Oct 2022, 9:02 pm)Thomas12 The 67/69 have been fine but at the expense of other services. 

You're spot on, on Friday when i was picking my son up from school, the 335 passed me at Billy Mill at 15:30 (on time), but for some reason was Not In Service, it also had a passenger on, so why it was Not In Service, who knows

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 11 Oct 2022

(11 Oct 2022, 8:50 am)V514DFT You're spot on, on Friday when i was picking my son up from school, the 335 passed me at Billy Mill at 15:30 (on time), but for some reason was Not In Service, it also had a passenger on, so why it was Not In Service, who knows

this isnt unique to GCT either though. had both arriva and GNE happen to me a million times ( no im not exaggerating)