North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 21 Jul 2023

44 going to Stannington seems to be an extension to the current routing unless it’s a schools only trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 21 Jul 2023

(21 Jul 2023, 7:23 pm)pbjd 44 going to Stannington seems to be an extension to the current routing unless it’s a schools only trip.

I assume that's just a legacy thing from when it did serve Stannington, and they've not changed it back?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 21 Jul 2023

(21 Jul 2023, 7:30 pm)mb134 I assume that's just a legacy thing from when it did serve Stannington, and they've not changed it back?

Don't think it ever did, did it? Didn't it used to run all the way through to Morpeth? Maybe it's part of this funding that the councillor leaked about extra services to Cambois.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 21 Jul 2023

Changes to the 44 on bustimes.org mention Newcastle to Dinnington. Last mention Morpeth in 2017 so possibly extension to Stannington

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 21 Jul 2023

(21 Jul 2023, 7:34 pm)Storx Don't think it ever did, did it? Didn't it used to run all the way through to Morpeth? Maybe it's part of this funding that the councillor leaked about extra services to Cambois.

Stannington only and not extending to Morpeth would be strange, especially as the current NCC subsidised bus links Stannington with Morpeth and is likely the main passenger flow? 

I had thought Stannington appeared on the registration at some point in the past but may be mistaken. Looking at an old timetable, it's 15-20 minutes in each direction so would require an extra bus in the 44/45 cycle.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 21 Jul 2023

(21 Jul 2023, 7:52 pm)mb134 Stannington only and not extending to Morpeth would be strange, especially as the current NCC subsidised bus links Stannington with Morpeth and is likely the main passenger flow? 

I had thought Stannington appeared on the registration at some point in the past but may be mistaken. Looking at an old timetable, it's 15-20 minutes in each direction so would require an extra bus in the 44/45 cycle.

Yeah must admit it would be an odd route mind, but weirder things have happened, especially considering there's nothing between the two.

Used to be Newcastle to Morpeth though just checked the past registrations - https://bustimes.org/registrations/PB0002032/336. It's Newcastle to Dinnington currently so who knows tbh.

Maybe it might be the first few boards of the day and last few boards of the day? Arguably it's not much of diversion if heading to Blyth.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 27 Jul 2023

Since the changes to services X21/X22, looks like the driver of 1454 service X22 which left Peterlee at 09:20 went via old route and not via east Durham college, driver must of been nostalgic and miss going via Acre Rigg. Since the DCC evening contract X22 runs via old Acre Rigg you would of thought DCC would run back to the original 239 service number to save complicating things for the passengers in that area.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 28 Jul 2023

I wonder if the 306 will get a revised route to serve the transport hub in North Shields. Would be easier to connect with the 307 and would provide a great link and easier way to get to the town centre

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 28 Jul 2023

(28 Jul 2023, 4:18 pm)Busu284 I wonder if the 306 will get a revised route to serve the transport hub in North Shields. Would be easier to connect with the 307 and would provide a great link and easier way to get to the town centre

Would this not add a significant chunk of time onto the journey especially for users who live around King Edward Road and Linskill Terrace?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - garrymc05 - 29 Jul 2023

Rumours about Stagecoach taking over the 23 Sunderland - Hartlepool. Anything official or just veg stirring things?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 29 Jul 2023

(29 Jul 2023, 8:51 pm)garrymc05 Rumours about Stagecoach taking over the 23 Sunderland - Hartlepool. Anything official or just veg stirring things?

It's nonsense

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 30 Jul 2023

(29 Jul 2023, 8:51 pm)garrymc05 Rumours about Stagecoach taking over the 23 Sunderland - Hartlepool. Anything official or just veg stirring things?

Unless they intend on doing the 22 & 24 aswell... The whole thing is connected.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 30 Jul 2023

(30 Jul 2023, 12:36 pm)RobinHood Unless they intend on doing the 22 & 24 aswell... The whole thing is connected.

And they'd be running 2 23's

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 30 Jul 2023

(30 Jul 2023, 2:32 pm)V514DFT And they'd be running 2 23's

They run four 1’s… what’s your point?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 31 Jul 2023

3rd September:

PB0002032/485
Variation ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD X15 Morpeth Alnwick

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RedKite - 31 Jul 2023

(21 Jul 2023, 7:23 pm)pbjd 44 going to Stannington seems to be an extension to the current routing unless it’s a schools only trip.

It's 1 early morning from Stannington and evening service from Haymarket Mon to Sat that extends

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 31 Jul 2023

Looks like Arriva are re-instating the later X8 journeys withdrawn in March 2022.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 31 Jul 2023

(31 Jul 2023, 7:52 pm)L469 YVK Looks like Arriva are re-instating the later X8 journeys withdrawn in March 2022.

Seems to be an extra morning trip to Newcastle on the X9, and most other journeys retimed slightly. 

X7 looks to have most early morning journeys 3 mins earlier, and an additional 2313 trip to Seghill from Blyth. 

Can't see any difference in the 57/57A timetable on Traveline for the 4th September, or the X14 and X15.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 31 Jul 2023

(31 Jul 2023, 10:11 pm)mb134 Seems to be an extra morning trip to Newcastle on the X9, and most other journeys retimed slightly. 

X7 looks to have most early morning journeys 3 mins earlier, and an additional 2313 trip to Seghill from Blyth. 

Can't see any difference in the 57/57A timetable on Traveline for the 4th September, or the X14 and X15.

The 57/57A seems to be a change into the interchange at North Shields and that's it. I had a look before.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 01 Aug 2023

(31 Jul 2023, 10:11 pm)mb134 Seems to be an extra morning trip to Newcastle on the X9, and most other journeys retimed slightly. 

Imagine these could be BSIP funded.

Northumberland County Council are currently tendering an additional hourly 57A service to run during the day Mon-Sat from Ashington to Cramlington (so it is a combined half hourly service) and they are also tendering the X16 service which is being reinstated.