North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm)Storx Assuming it's not possible anyway, because of the electric buses. Unless they want to outright ignore the terms the buses must stay on the route they were bought for.

Also the fact that involving any of the X7-11 services in the cycles, still likely push the range too high anyway for any electric vehicle currently in the market.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 09 Aug 2023

Judging by the timetables service 3 is being reintroduce on a Sunday running between Lingdale and Redcar lock.( Still nothing for new marske)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 7:42 pm)RobinHood Also the fact that involving any of the X7-11 services in the cycles, still likely push the range too high anyway for any electric vehicle currently in the market.

Yeah that's true aswell mind. Be interesting to see how they'd perform doing express work mind and whether the battery would drain faster since they're not designed for it (yet).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - solsburian - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 8:47 pm)Storx Yeah that's true aswell mind. Be interesting to see how they'd perform doing express work mind and whether the battery would drain faster since they're not designed for it (yet).

I'm not suggesting they should be intentionally placed on such runs, but you know it will likely happen sooner or later, probably with one running out of charge at Haymarket entrance(or exit)/Haddricks Mill/A1/A189  Big Grin

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 8:27 pm)Ryland Judging by the timetables service 3 is being reintroduce on a Sunday running between Lingdale and Redcar lock.( Still nothing for new marske)

Yes it’s a TVCA contract until 30th March, much like the evening & Sunday 29s also reintroduced with the same dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm)Storx Assuming it's not possible anyway, because of the electric buses. Unless they want to outright ignore the terms the buses must stay on the route they were bought for.

I can't say this 100%, but my understanding is that because this money comes from the central government levelling up fund, there will be very strict checks on how the vehicles are used and if those buses aren't used for the services they were acquired for, it could cause issues.

That said, knowing how central government works, they'll probably be moved to London before they even get here.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 10 Aug 2023

Been thinking about the 434.....but could this not be merged into the X20 post ABTRL if numbers drop off between Ashington & Newcastle?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 10 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 9:28 pm)solsburian I'm not suggesting they should be intentionally placed on such runs, but you know it will likely happen sooner or later, probably with one running out of charge at Haymarket entrance(or exit)/Haddricks Mill/A1/A189  Big Grin

Oh don't worry, they'll be on the other routes before long knowing Arriva Blyth.

(09 Aug 2023, 9:38 pm)Shrek I can't say this 100%, but my understanding is that because this money comes from the central government levelling up fund, there will be very strict checks on how the vehicles are used and if those buses aren't used for the services they were acquired for, it could cause issues.

That said, knowing how central government works, they'll probably be moved to London before they even get here.

Yeah your right, mind I believe the hybrids they had there last time had a similar rule, but that didn't stop them wandering onto the expresses. GoNorthEast generally keep things on the right routes though, don't think their hybrids went anywhere else and the Q3, 53 and 54 are generally full Voltra allocation.

(10 Aug 2023, 5:50 am)L469 YVK Been thinking about the 434.....but could this not be merged into the X20 post ABTRL if numbers drop off between Ashington & Newcastle?

No, as you'd still need the X20 to run from North Seaton to Ashington and you'd omit Lynemouth which is one of the main sections of it if it omitted it.

You could extend the 1 though and resurrect the old Blyth to Alnwick bus that used to exist.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RMF1254 - 10 Aug 2023

(10 Aug 2023, 5:50 am)L469 YVK Been thinking about the 434.....but could this not be merged into the X20 post ABTRL if numbers drop off between Ashington & Newcastle?
I’m all for railway reopenings and I hope the ABT does well but I’m still wondering whether people who live on the estates in Ashington / Blyth will want to catch a bus or walk to the station and have a further wait for a train. Also they will be dropped at Central or have to change at Northumberland Park Metro which again takes time. The other thing is cost - will the new NECA tickets cover the railway and will there be ‘Transfares’ (by the way a single Transfare to Haymarket on bus /Metro is considerably more a return bus fare for us) onto the Metro. If the new tickets can be used will they also be valid on the Morpeth train service or even or even Berwick and Alnmouth? It will be an interesting time! 
I recently travelled on the reopened Okehampton line in Devon which was very well used but didn’t have a good bus service to Exeter previously.  At certain times of the day they had connecting minibuses to certain other towns which seemed to be used.

(10 Aug 2023, 2:58 pm)RMF1254 I’m all for railway reopenings and I hope the ABT does well but I’m still wondering whether people who live on the estates in Ashington / Blyth will want to catch a bus or walk to the station and have a further wait for a train. Also they will be dropped at Central or have to change at Northumberland Park Metro which again takes time. The other thing is cost - will the new NECA  tickets cover the railway and will there be ‘Transfares’ (by the way a single Transfare to Haymarket on bus /Metro is considerably more a return bus fare for us) onto the Metro. If the new tickets can be used will they also be valid on the Morpeth train service or even or even Berwick and Alnmouth? It will be an interesting time! 
I recently travelled on the reopened Okehampton line in Devon which was very well used but didn’t have a good bus service to Exeter previously.  At certain times of the day they had connecting minibuses to certain other towns which seemed to be used.

I know it hasn't officially been announced but there's been talk that it's going to be part of the Metro Zones similar to being able to use tickets between Sunderland and Newcastle. 

Can't remember where I read but it's been kinda mentioned still relatively recently and it was definitely part of the early plans.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RMF1254 - 10 Aug 2023

(10 Aug 2023, 3:12 pm)Storx I know it hasn't officially been announced but there's been talk that it's going to be part of the Metro Zones similar to being able to use tickets between Sunderland and Newcastle. 

Can't remember where I read but it's been kinda mentioned still relatively recently and it was definitely part of the early plans.

Good to hear that!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 10 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 9:33 pm)tyresmoke Yes it’s a TVCA contract until 30th March, much like the evening & Sunday 29s also reintroduced with the same dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However a full village is still missed out and not everyone drives and people especially the elderly reply on the bus.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 10 Aug 2023

(10 Aug 2023, 3:12 pm)Storx I know it hasn't officially been announced but there's been talk that it's going to be part of the Metro Zones similar to being able to use tickets between Sunderland and Newcastle. 

Tyne and wear and Northumberland metro???? That's going to cost alot to replace the branding

(10 Aug 2023, 3:25 pm)RMF1254 Good to hear that!

Yeah, whether it happens though. I don't know.

https://haveyoursay.northumberland.gov.uk/transport/nl/supporting_documents/FINAL%20FAQs%20website%20v2.pdf - It's mentioned there in the consultation and the current website, is in discussion with partners who assume is Nexus.

They might however just accept the new day tickets that are coming in, they're roughly the same price as a Metro Day Ticket without using POP anyway.

(10 Aug 2023, 4:17 pm)Rob44 Tyne and wear and Northumberland metro???? That's going to cost alot to replace the branding

Don't think it's going to be branded as that, just ticketing, similar to you can use a ticket on the Sunderland to Newcastle Northern services.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 11 Aug 2023

(10 Aug 2023, 5:06 pm)Storx Yeah, whether it happens though. I don't know.

https://haveyoursay.northumberland.gov.uk/transport/nl/supporting_documents/FINAL%20FAQs%20website%20v2.pdf - It's mentioned there in the consultation and the current website, is in discussion with partners who assume is Nexus.

They might however just accept the new day tickets that are coming in, they're roughly the same price as a Metro Day Ticket without using POP anyway.

Don't think it's going to be branded as that, just ticketing, similar to you can use a ticket on the Sunderland to Newcastle Northern services.

Ah right me getting confused again.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 12 Aug 2023

Confirmation of changes in Tees Valley: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/changes-to-services-in-tees-valley-sept23
And Darlington/Co.Durham: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/darlington-and-county-durham-sept23

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 14 Aug 2023

Genuinely sad to see the 55 going, pretty much grew up with it (and the M55) even when it was with Northumbria, really is the end of an era

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 16 Aug 2023

Do we know what the fleet movements & routes are from September between Blyth & Ashington

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 17 Aug 2023

I wonder what the 47 will be allocated in September since 1499 is moving to the 553

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 17 Aug 2023

(17 Aug 2023, 10:08 am)Busu284 I wonder what the 47 will be allocated in September since 1499 is moving to the 553

Presumably just sitting within the 43/44/45 cycle of vehicles.