North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Mark P - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm)Cock Robin Apparently the 63 isn't even stopping at the Swan! Going to be a lot of complaints.
That's ridiculous. There's ample time to run the length of Lord Street then Redcar Lane back onto the High Street.

Even if they didn't fancy the left turn at St. Peters, there's still the left turn at Oxley Street. There's even enough time to turn at Zetland Park if push comes to shove!

Half the town centre loadings are from Wilkos!!!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm)Cock Robin Apparently the 63 isn't even stopping at the Swan! Going to be a lot of complaints.

I've asked this question and was told that the current High St, Lord St, Moore St junction is being remodeled very soon to put in place a dedicated stop for the 63.

So yes, it will still serve that end of the high street, but it will observe the small lay-by on Moore St in the interim.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Mark P - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 7:19 pm)RobinHood I've asked this question and was told that the current High St, Lord St, Moore St junction is being remodeled very soon to put in place a dedicated stop for the 63.

So yes, it will still serve that end of the high street, but it will observe the small lay-by on Moore St in the interim.
Better than nothing I suppose.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Sparkle - 11 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 8:34 pm)Mark P Better than nothing I suppose.

I wonder if it will be like the last time it went via morrisons, dropping off only. It would be good if you could board at Morrison and be able to travel the loop, as it would be handy for the many older folk who do their shopping, not to have to walk any further than necessary. 

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Jun 2015

(11 Jun 2015, 11:42 pm)Sparkle I wonder if it will be like the last time it went via morrisons, dropping off only. It would be good if you could board at Morrison and be able to travel the loop, as it would be handy for the many older folk who do their shopping, not to have to walk any further than necessary. 

Good point.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 12 Jun 2015

Some registrations today for the upcoming major roadworks (Milburngate Bridge) in Durham - I understand extra resources will be implemented to help with reliability!

PB0002717/21 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Arnison Centre and Sherburn Village given service number 64 effective from 12-Jul-2015. To amend Timetable.
PB0002717/239 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Durham given service number X12 effective from 12-Jul-2015. To amend Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 25 Jun 2015

Northumberland Consultation (note - best viewed on Computers/laptops)

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/northsurvey/

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 25 Jun 2015

For anyone who can't view it, an overview of the proposed changes are:

Alnwick/Ashington:
20/X20 - Extended to Alnwick, possible route alterations in Ashington (proposed to operate via Alexander Road), and Hadson with buses now serving there hourly (option to run the current route via North Broomhill, and the other via the A1068 and Percy Road).
X15 - All journeys to run via Waggonway Road, improving links with Sainsburys and St James' Estate.
X18 - Proposed to omit Alnmouth Station, as the 20 will provide better bus/rail connections.

Bedlington/Blyth/Cramlington/Morpeth:
1 - Route swapped between Cowpen and Blyth with service 2 to improve reliability.
2 - Revised route in Cowpen, and to provide faster links between Blyth and Morpeth, will omit Red House Farm. Will terminate at Morpeth Bus Station, rather than Kirkhill.
43 - Extended to Morpeth via Bedlington hourly, and will serve Red House Farm to replace service 2.
44 - Heavily reduced service between Dinnington and Morpeth, will now only to Morpeth between 0800-1600 Monday-Friday.
57/57A - Service 57 will omit Nelson Village and to improve links to the new Northumbria Hospital, service 57 will be re-routed to serve there hourly. Service 57A will still service Anitsford and Seghill, however, service 57A will no longer operate between Cramlington and Morpeth.
New service 58 - Will operate up to every two hours between Nelson Village, Beacon Hill, Cramlington, Northumbria Hospital and Hartley Square.
New service between Morpeth Kirkhill and Newcastle, operating every half hour Kirkhill-Morpeth, hourly to Newcastle(hopefully with bigger buses too).

Not sure what will happen with the 33 then?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 25 Jun 2015

20/X20 - Extended to Alnwick, possible route alterations in Ashington (proposed to operate via Alexander Road), and Hadson with buses now serving there hourly (option to run the current route via North Broomhill, and the other via the A1068 and Percy Road).
X18 - Proposed to omit Alnmouth Station, as the 20 will provide better bus/rail connections.
Having the 20 extended to Alnwick is a good idea but the X18 omitting Alnmouth station isn't. A half-hourly frequency between Widdrington and Alnwick is something Arriva would want to boast about, having the X18 to keep serving the Station will promote passengers using the bus to Alnwick instead of taxi or car.

1 - Route swapped between Cowpen and Blyth with service 2 to improve reliability.
2 - Revised route in Cowpen, and to provide faster links between Blyth and Morpeth, will omit Red House Farm. Will terminate at Morpeth Bus Station, rather than Kirkhill.
This sounds like a good idea. 

43 - Extended to Morpeth via Bedlington hourly, and will serve Red House Farm to replace service 2.

I know people who do Blyth-Morpeth regularly and they hate the long detour via Red House Farm, of which only a couple of people get on. 

New service 58 - Will operate up to every two hours between Nelson Village, Beacon Hill, Cramlington, Northumbria Hospital and Hartley Square. 

I seriously don't see the point.

New service between Morpeth Kirkhill and Newcastle, operating every half hour Kirkhill-Morpeth, hourly to Newcastle(hopefully with bigger buses)

I think this is a good idea. The 20min frequency of the 2 up to Kirkhill wasn't really required BUT where will the MAX buses come from if this will be part of the core frequency between Newcastle and Morpeth?

(25 Jun 2015, 3:24 pm)Tommy_1581 I seriously don't see the point.

If the 58 didn't operate it would leave Nelson Village and Beacon Hill without a bus.

(25 Jun 2015, 3:27 pm)Tom If the 58 didn't operate it would leave Nelson Village and Beacon Hill without a bus.

Unless it's Council/Northumbria NHS-funded, I don't see it lasting long...

(25 Jun 2015, 3:53 pm)Tommy_1581 Unless it's Council/Northumbria NHS-funded, I don't see it lasting long...

Nope, neither do I really.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 25 Jun 2015

(25 Jun 2015, 3:05 pm)Tom For anyone who can't view it, an overview of the proposed changes are:

Alnwick/Ashington:

Bedlington/Blyth/Cramlington/Morpeth:

Like the 20/X20 idea, sounds great! 

Although I'm unsure withdrawing the 2 from Red House Farm is a good idea- a lot of custom in that section of the route in mornings and evenings especially, during school term even more so, the 43 extension sounds brilliant! (That goes through Cramlington yeah?)

(25 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm)mb134 Like the 20/X20 idea, sounds great! 

Although I'm unsure withdrawing the 2 from Red House Farm is a good idea- a lot of custom in that section of the route in mornings and evenings especially, during school term even more so, the 43 extension sounds brilliant! (That goes through Cramlington yeah?)

Yeah, the 43 goes through Cramlington.

So you'll have a half hourly service from Bedlington to Cramlington, and an additional bus to Newcastle (albeit longer).

I don't like the X18 omitting Alnmouth Station idea... Arriva could really boast a half-hour frequency between Widdrington and Alnwick via Amble and Alnmouth Station.

Alnmouth Station then gets buses to Alnwick every 30 minutes, which could get people out of using taxis.

(25 Jun 2015, 5:48 pm)Tom Yeah, the 43 goes through Cramlington.

So you'll have a half hourly service from Bedlington to Cramlington, and an additional bus to Newcastle (albeit longer).

Loving the 43 idea to be honest, will make it easier for me to meet my friends on the bus on the way to Cramlington, and will provide a better service than the, currently, diabolical 57. Wonder if the long runs to Bedlington and Morpeth will still be Jesmond operated?

I still think the 2 should serve Red House Farm at peak times though, and I think layover needs to be introduced at Bedlington on the X21/22.

(25 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm)Tommy_1581 I don't like the X18 omitting Alnmouth Station idea... Arriva could really boast a half-hour frequency between Widdrington and Alnwick via Amble and Alnmouth Station.

Alnmouth Station then gets buses to Alnwick every 30 minutes, which could get people out of using taxis.

They say it's due to the connections being better. Maybe the X18 doesn't connect with trains to it's pointless having it?

(25 Jun 2015, 6:02 pm)mb134 Loving the 43 idea to be honest, will make it easier for me to meet my friends on the bus on the way to Cramlington, and will provide a better service than the, currently, diabolical 57. Wonder if the long runs to Bedlington and Morpeth will still be Jesmond operated?

I still think the 2 should serve Red House Farm at peak times though, and I think layover needs to be introduced at Bedlington on the X21/22.

The 57 should be improved by omitting Nelson Village? - Should allow a few minutes to work with.

I'd imagine it'd be Jesmond worked yeah, as it'd still interwork with the 44/45.

(25 Jun 2015, 6:15 pm)Tom They say it's due to the connections being better. Maybe the X18 doesn't connect with trains to it's pointless having it?

The 57 should be improved by omitting Nelson Village? - Should allow a few minutes to work with.

I'd imagine it'd be Jesmond worked yeah, as it'd still interwork with the 44/45.
Sounds good, Pulsars, B7's and potentially an Omni? Big Grin

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 25 Jun 2015

Some changes surrounding the roadworks at Millburnagte Bridge in Durham from Sunday 12th July.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/milburngate-bridge-works/

Services 64 and X12 will have revised timetables, details can be found on the linked paged.

(25 Jun 2015, 6:28 pm)Jimmi Some changes surrounding the roadworks at Millburnagte Bridge in Durham from Sunday 12th July.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/milburngate-bridge-works/

Services 64 and X12 will have revised timetables, details can be found on the linked paged.

One word to describe the works on Millburngate Bridge. Hell.

I don't see the point of a revised timetable. The bus will still manage to be two hours late.