North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 07 Jul 2015

Im just waiting for GNE to come over to the darkside, sorry I meant south side of Burnhope Way, GNE were going to run a service around the Oakerside area until Arriva diverted service 22 via Peterlee and in turn doubled the frequency of there service from hourly to twice an hour, good job ive got a car and not have the misfortune of being at a bus stop waiting for a bus that never turns up, but I do get the 21/X21 to Sunderland though and not get stuck on a all stopper to Sunderland.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 3:38 pm)Jimmi The X7 is probably the busiest of the Sunderland - Peterlee services but I think this is in part down to it being the only GNE service between these two points and only runs hourly whereas Arriva have the 22/23 every half hour and the hourly X21 so that's 4 more buses an hour.

Not sure on the 22/23 numbers these days but I have seen some fairly busy journeys especially on the 23.

X35?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm)citaro5284 X35?
There is that although I am unsure what the numbers are like on the X35.

Don't think I'd want to get that from Peterlee to Sunderland mind.

sometimes I get the X35 if am bored, its too cramped and stuffy when bus is full, needs bigger buses or frequency changed to every 20 minutes. its like being on holiday if you get it from Sunderland to Hartlepool, passengers with GNE tickets do get the X35 between Sunderland Interchange and south of Peterlee.

Should use the silver citarios from service 61 onto service X35.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 4:32 pm)Jimmi There is that although I am unsure what the numbers are like on the X35.

Don't think I'd want to get that from Peterlee to Sunderland mind.

If people wish to alight at a stop just before or just after Peterlee, which is not served by the X7 (but is via a connection), you'll find there is quite a few who do use the X35 for the Sunderland - Peterlee stretch.

I don't get to see the X21 a lot these days, though my friend did ask me if it was possible to use it to travel from Sunderland to Peterlee, as she did not feel confident getting on an empty bus, when it was in Park Lane. This was a few Saturdays ago, around mid-day.

Do think passenger numbers have increased on services 22/23 since last October, mind. All of Arriva's services combined probably have a higher number of passengers per hour, though it'd be interesting to compare profit per run.

Interested to find out what's happening, mind. Chris seems to have recently seen Arriva employees monitoring loadings regularly.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm)cbma06 sometimes I get the X35 if am bored, its too cramped and stuffy when bus is full, needs bigger buses or frequency changed to every 20 minutes. its like being on holiday if you get it from Sunderland to Hartlepool, passengers with GNE tickets do get the X35 between Sunderland Interchange and south of Peterlee.

Should use the silver citarios from service 61 onto service X35.

They would look good in black, the brand would also look a lot better on the Citaro's than the Scania's.

What would you put on the 61?

(07 Jul 2015, 5:40 pm)Michael They would look good in black, the brand would also look a lot better on the Citaro's than the Scania's.

What would you put on the 61?

continued on GNE suggestion thread page.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 07 Jul 2015

Well I'm at work til gone midnight tonight but all this guesswork is keeping me amused Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 7:44 pm)tyresmoke Well I'm at work til gone midnight tonight but all this guesswork is keeping me amused Wink

Working at stupid o'clock puts me right off being a bus driver for a major company. At least with an independent, you can get assigned to a specific area (service, scholars, private hires etc). Thats how it works at Stanley Travel anyway. Much more appealing.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - R852 PRG - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 8:14 pm)S813 FVK Working at stupid o'clock puts me right off being a bus driver for a major company. At least with an independent, you can get assigned to a specific area (service, scholars, private hires etc). Thats how it works at Stanley Travel anyway. Much more appealing.

I recall when a Chester-le-Street driver left to work for Scarlet Band about a year ago, one that I'm acquainted with commented ''she might find it easier, but she is crazy for going for something about £2.50 less per hour!''.

Not sure how it works for other independents, but I'm guessing based on the type of work you do and your amount of service, the pay could be varied.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 07 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 8:24 pm)R852 PRG I recall when a Chester-le-Street driver left to work for Scarlet Band about a year ago, one that I'm acquainted with commented ''she might find it easier, but she is crazy for going for something about £2.50 less per hour!''.

Not sure how it works for other independents, but I'm guessing based on the type of work you do and your amount of service, the pay could be varied.

Pay definitely increases if you work for a main company. At an independent, you will probably only get paid for exactly what you do. For example, if somebody is assigned to scholars services, they will get paid just for that. However, if they are offered and say yes to doing a private hire, they will get paid for that too. Nothing more, nothing less.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 07 Jul 2015

Independents are less likely to be covered by collective bargaining arrangements, so it'd not be uncommon to find the pay lower and the lack of pay progression.

I think Arriva, Stagecoach and GNE all have pay progression in place in the form of pay scales, and that they have an annually negotiated pay settlement for driving staff...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 08 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 8:14 pm)S813 FVK Working at stupid o'clock puts me right off being a bus driver for a major company. At least with an independent, you can get assigned to a specific area (service, scholars, private hires etc). Thats how it works at Stanley Travel anyway. Much more appealing.

1530-0032 last night for me, thankfully we only do one real late shift every 2 weeks. Though we also have a 2126 finish now

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Chris - 08 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm)aureolin Independents are less likely to be covered by collective bargaining arrangements, so it'd not be uncommon to find the pay lower and the lack of pay progression.

I think Arriva, Stagecoach and GNE all have pay progression in place in the form of pay scales, and that they have an annually negotiated pay settlement for driving staff...

Plus, contract work is likely to make up a bigger chunk of an independants work.  As much as they would probably like to pay more, they'll be limited to what they can pay due to contract prices.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 08 Jul 2015

EAST MIDDLESBROUGH CONSULATION

Are you a regular user of Services 9, 27 or 27A in Middlesbrough?
Please complete our UPDATED consultation survey here

Arriva North East - Service 9 / 27 / 27A Survey

Further to our initial survey earlier this year, we asked our customers in Middlesbrough on their thoughts of a potential revision to Services 9, 27 and 27A in East Middlesbrough, that would simplify the service offering and create two new, frequent services instead. The results of that survey suggested the following;
62% of respondants suggested that the revisions would be either positive or have no effect to their current travel plans.

Some comments suggested to us that diverting Service 5/5A via Cranmore Road would not be the best option for that service.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/eastmbro

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 08 Jul 2015

(08 Jul 2015, 1:31 pm)Michael EAST MIDDLESBROUGH CONSULATION

Are you a regular user of Services 9, 27 or 27A in Middlesbrough?
Please complete our UPDATED consultation survey here

Arriva North East - Service 9 / 27 / 27A Survey

Further to our initial survey earlier this year, we asked our customers in Middlesbrough on their thoughts of a potential revision to Services 9, 27 and 27A in East Middlesbrough, that would simplify the service offering and create two new, frequent services instead. The results of that survey suggested the following;
62% of respondants suggested that the revisions would be either positive or have no effect to their current travel plans.

Some comments suggested to us that diverting Service 5/5A via Cranmore Road would not be the best option for that service.

Link not working for me.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 08 Jul 2015

(07 Jul 2015, 8:29 pm)S813 FVK Pay definitely increases if you work for a main company. At an independent, you will probably only get paid for exactly what you do. For example, if somebody is assigned to scholars services, they will get paid just for that. However, if they are offered and say yes to doing a private hire, they will get paid for that too. Nothing more, nothing less.

That's not strictly correct as I know someone who moved from Stagecoach to Leven Valley and although the pay was less per hour he now got paid for his breaks which he didn't with Stagecoach.

(08 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm)Cock Robin Link not working for me.

Try now, if it doesnt work not sure why, its the link at top of the page.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 08 Jul 2015

Can anybody make head and tails on the following: :s

Mon to Fri from Sunderland:

New 0805 X22 via Seaham Interchange
0810 X21 becomes 0815
... then xx15 X21 throughout 0915-1615 then 1725 X21, 1825 X21

Sat from Sunderland:

Unchanged

Mon to Fri from Peterlee:

0732 X21 remains
0802 X21 cancelled
0837 becomes 0839
0937 becomes 0939

… then xx42 becomes xx44 until 1544

1644 is X22 via Seaham Interchange

… then 1649, 1749

Sat from Peterlee:

xx42 becomes xx44 throughout.

(08 Jul 2015, 8:26 pm)cbma06 Can anybody make head and tails on the following: :s

Mon to Fri from Sunderland:

New 0805 X22 via Seaham Interchange
0810 X21 becomes 0815
... then xx15 X21 throughout 0915-1615 then 1725 X21, 1825 X21

Sat from Sunderland:

Unchanged

0732 X21 remains
0802 X21 cancelled
0837 becomes 0839
0937 becomes 0939

… then xx42 becomes xx44 until 1544

1644 is X22 via Seaham Interchange

… then 1649, 1749

Sat from Peterlee:

xx42 becomes xx44 throughout.

From Sunderland:

Monday- Friday:

X22 - Sunderland Via Seaham interchange to Peterlee at 8:05am

The 8:10am - X21 from Park lane becomes 8:15am
Then **:15 mins past the hour until 1615 then 1725 and 1825 

Saturday - Stays the same

--------------------------

X21: 7:32am remains
X21: 8:02am is cancelled
The X21 will run 2 mins later than now so 8:37am becomes 8:39am and 9:37am becomes 9:39am

The the X21 will at run at 44 mins past the hour 15:44 instead of 42 mins past the hour

The 1644 from Peterlee is X22 via Seaham Interchange
Then it looks like the X22 will run at 1649 and 1749

Sat from Peterlee:

Runs at 44 mins past instead of 42 mins past