North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm)DaveyBowyer .....or a compliemtary express to the 308? #backintheday

That would be brilliant if that was the case!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 09 Jul 2015

From what I can see:

The current X9 is renumbered X6
So it looks like the X4/X5 are becoming X8/X9 (any express version to supplement the 308 would be a new registration not an amended one)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DavidSBrough - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 3:15 pm)Kuyoyo From what I can see:

The current X9 is renumbered X6
So it looks like the X4/X5 are becoming X8/X9 (any express version to supplement the 308 would be a new registration not an amended one)

Yeah I think the X8/X9 are just the X4/X5 renumbered.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 09 Jul 2015

Just noticed nothing for the 20/X20 that I can see!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 3:25 pm)Tom Just noticed nothing for the 20/X20 that I can see!

Be patient  Tongue Wait for the consultation to close.  Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm)Tommy_1581 Be patient  Tongue Wait for the consultation to close.  Wink

The consultation closed yesterday though, and the rest of the registrations seem to be related to it, unless they plan on registering that change at a later date...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 2:47 pm)Cock Robin Well at least Durham publish it. Connect Tees Valley just sit on the information and don't tell anybody til after the changes have come in!!

Connect tees valley gone down hill since there reduced there man power from about 10 down to 2 I think now, so there not online what there used to be due to cut backs, yea the site used to be months in advance, "forthcoming changes" was changed to "recent and forthcoming changes" but its always out of date now.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 3:35 pm)mb134 The consultation closed yesterday though, and the rest of the registrations seem to be related to it, unless they plan on registering that change at a later date...

I'd like to see the X20 go to Alnwick, but I want the X18 to call at Alnmouth Station, I'm not going to mention that old chestnut...  Angel

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 09 Jul 2015

Well, continuously changing the 308 isn't going to help the reliability of the service. Point is that it's far too overcrowded. Not only does it have to deal with people going between Newcastle and the Coast, it also has to deal with the stops along the way in very congested areas and with high volumes of passengers. Let the 308 take care of the people who want every stop along route and get an express sorted. Got to remember and I've said this before that bar all the Stagecoach town and city routes, the 308 only falling short of the Durham 21 and perhaps the Fab 56 and X1, would probably be in the top five most popular and profitable routes in the North East.

If GNE didn't have the Pronto assisting the Angel, the controllers at Bensham and Managers / Lead Drivers at Chester Le Street would be pulling their hairs out #runninginfivesalongolddurhamroad.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 5:27 pm)DaveyBowyer If GNE didn't have the Pronto assisting the Angel, the controllers at Bensham and Managers / Lead Drivers at Chester Le Street would be pulling their hairs out #runninginfivesalongolddurhamroad.

Control Room is based at Riverside, but I get your drift. Don't forget about those radios the drivers have! Wink

I'd agree that the Pronto assists the Angel by taking some of the passengers who travel between the "key points" along the Angel route. The extra resources allocated to the Pronto at peak times provide assistance too, and help to minimise disruption to customers when late running is at its worst.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 09 Jul 2015

PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 10-Sep-2015.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 10-Sep-2015.

Seasonal cancellation, or loss of work?

Mind you, it only ever seems to carry fresh air when I see it.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm)aureolin Seasonal cancellation, or loss of work?

Mind you, it only ever seems to carry fresh air when I see it.

Not sure what the deal is here, but I think the U1 normally runs throughout the year. Think this service could be getting withdrawn then.

New Darlington 5/5A timetable from Sunday 30th August, seriously it's a mess and for some reason is displaying times for journeys to West Park and times from Skerne Park, seriously what the hell is this.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable/?guid=99d6042d-6758-4971-a00a-7eddcdcbbe41&id=33319&date=150830-151006

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 09 Jul 2015

Looks like the online system that we use is getting rather confused! Lol
You'll notice that it extends to Bishop Auckland College, as does service 1. The 5/5A will also serve Hitachi as expected

(09 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)Jimmi New Darlington 5/5A timetable from Sunday 30th August, seriously it's a mess and for some reason is displaying times for journeys to West Park and times from Skerne Park, seriously what the hell is this.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable/?guid=99d6042d-6758-4971-a00a-7eddcdcbbe41&id=33319&date=150830-151006

The 19 timetable only shows one weekday Town Centre - West Park journey.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable/?guid=c30ce2d0-3dce-457a-9956-430f23d3ecbe&id=33368&date=150830-151006

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm)tyresmoke Looks like the online system that we use is getting rather confused! Lol
You'll notice that it extends to Bishop Auckland College, as does service 1. The 5/5A will also serve Hitachi as expected

Or the person behind the scenes programming the system has cocked up  Big Grin

(09 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm)tyresmoke Looks like the online system that we use is getting rather confused! Lol

Still hate the online timetables, just wish they could be the same as the leaflets.

I did spot the extension to Bishop Auckland College and did think it would be getting diverted to serve Hitachi as bus stops have appeared around there in the last few weeks.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 09 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm)Jimmi Still hate the online timetables, just wish they could be the same as the leaflets.

I did spot the extension to Bishop Auckland College and did think it would be getting diverted to serve Hitachi as bus stops have appeared around there in the last few weeks.
The problem with PDFs though is that they're not optimised for mobile platforms.

Sure enough you can open them, but you're still having to faff about to read them, because it's print size.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 10 Jul 2015

(09 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm)aureolin The problem with PDFs though is that they're not optimised for mobile platforms.

Sure enough you can open them, but you're still having to faff about to read them, because it's print size.

Exactly. Some devices also have troubles opening PDFs, so it means that Customer Services have to be relied on by more customers.

Go North East stated in a previous Passenger Panel survey that they were keen to offer both a HTML format (for the website) and a downloadable PDF format - catering to the needs of more customers.