North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 3:14 pm)mb134 But, unless there is an alternative service, how are college students going to get to and from college? 

Also, the students will still use the 35 if they do currently?

Northumberland College cut (or reduced) funding. The students only ever use the 35 to go from Ashington college to McDonalds anyway.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 3:19 pm)GX03 SVC Northumberland College cut (or reduced) funding. The students only ever use the 35 to go from Ashington college to McDonalds anyway.

Okay, Ashington college has nothing to do with the 100 though, so students will still use the 35?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 23 Jul 2015

(23 Jul 2015, 3:22 pm)mb134 Okay, Ashington college has nothing to do with the 100 though, so students will still use the 35?

I think Northumberland College have withdrawn all funding for free passes and the 100.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 25 Jul 2015

(22 Jul 2015, 11:03 pm)Tom I'd say pretty soon if they are starting on the 6th September.

Possibly the start of August?

Most of the major points are already known, like the X20 being extended to Alnwick and the 'short' X14 becoming an X16 to Kirkhill (will be operated by Jesmond)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 9:52 am)tyresmoke Most of the major points are already known, like the X20 being extended to Alnwick and the 'short' X14 becoming an X16 to Kirkhill (will be operated by Jesmond)

Yeah I think the changes will be very successful in Northumberland.

(25 Jul 2015, 9:53 am)Tom Yeah I think the changes will be very successful in Northumberland.

Hopefully.... some other changes below
2 will operate between Blyth & Morpeth only, omitting Red House Farm in Bedlington
43 will be extended hourly from Cramlington to Morpeth via Bedlington, Red House Farm and Hepscott Park
57/57A curtailed to terminate at Cramlington, no longer running to Morpeth. 57 will run via Cramlington hospital instead of Seghill, and won't serve Nelson village or North Seaton (all daytime journeys operated by Ashington depot. Evening/Sunday by Jesmond)

X4 becomes X7, X5 becomes X8, X13 becomes X9 with minor changes to all. Extra evening X30 also.

Hopefully timetables will be available soon and we can see what the actual changes to them all are.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 10:06 am)tyresmoke Hopefully.... some other changes below

57/57A curtailed to terminate at Cramlington, no longer running to Morpeth. 57 will run via Cramlington hospital instead of Seghill, and won't serve Nelson village or North Seaton (all daytime journeys operated by Ashington depot. Evening/Sunday by Jesmond)

So if Blyth won't have the 57A/X14, will 1773/4/5 transfer to Ashington?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 9:52 am)tyresmoke Most of the major points are already known, like the X20 being extended to Alnwick and the 'short' X14 becoming an X16 to Kirkhill (will be operated by Jesmond)

Will the X16 become MAX as part of the core Morpeth-Newcastle routes?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 25 Jul 2015

Wonder how long the services will last this time.

(25 Jul 2015, 10:16 am)mb134 So if Blyth won't have the 57A/X14, will 1773/4/5 transfer to Ashington?

(25 Jul 2015, 10:19 am)GX03 SVC Will the X16 become MAX as part of the core Morpeth-Newcastle routes?

I would assume the wifi Darts will move to Jesmond to run the X16 and therefore no, it won't be MAX branded, but will be uniquely identifiable I guess being a separate service. Still doesn't solve the issue of overcrowding, but at least people may get the idea to avoid the X16 lol

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 10:16 am)mb134 So if Blyth won't have the 57A/X14, will 1773/4/5 transfer to Ashington?

That means Ashington won't operate the 57A/X14 either....  Tongue Rolleyes

I second what Scott says, the wifi MPDs might move to Jesmond, that equals 6, but the PVR will be 3 I believe...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm)GX03 SVC That means Ashington won't operate the 57A/X14 either....  Tongue Rolleyes  

I second what Scott says, the wifi MPDs might move to Jesmond, that equals 6, but the PVR will be 3 I believe...

Oh dear, Cry Haha, just re-read Tyresmoke's post, I'd not been awake long, alright?! Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - G-CPTN - 25 Jul 2015

Is WiFi a permanent fixture - or is it an easily transferable 'box' that can be plugged-in to any bus when needed?

http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm)G-CPTN Is WiFi a permanent fixture - or is an easily transferable 'box' that can be plugged-in to any bus when needed?

http://mobileonboard.com/beam-bus-wi-fi/

The big operators in the North East all use Icomera as their supplier to provide free Wi-Fi on buses. I understand that the kit can be transferred from one vehicle to another, but this incurs a cost.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - G-CPTN - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm)Dan The big operators in the North East all use Icomera as their supplier to provide free Wi-Fi on buses. I understand that the kit can be transferred from one vehicle to another, but this incurs a cost.

Thanks.

I imagine that at this stage it is worth paying a service provider to 'guarantee' connectivity.

In time, operators will probably develop their own equipment (maybe not designing the hardware) that they can fit using their own technicians.

(25 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm)Dan The big operators in the North East all use Icomera as their supplier to provide free Wi-Fi on buses. I understand that the kit can be transferred from one vehicle to another, but this incurs a cost.

Yup you're right Dan as the Ecocities all had it when first introduced at Darlington but we re-used the kit in other vehicles last year. Ironically the ones for the 21/X21 are now of course fitted!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 25 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 9:23 pm)tyresmoke Yup you're right Dan as the Ecocities all had it when first introduced at Darlington but we re-used the kit in other vehicles last year. Ironically the ones for the 21/X21 are now of course fitted!

4813 doesn't have WiFi or if it does then it doesn't work, sure enough it was my long ride home from Sunderland tonight

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - BusLoverMum - 25 Jul 2015

As a complete ignoramus about bus WiFi, am I right in thinking that it uses mobile networks, so is never going to be any better than he connection on my phone anyhow, unless my data provider isn't covered in a particular spot that the bus provider is?

Had little luck connecting to bus WiFi over the past few months, but did manage it on a 21, heading towards Darlo, a few weeks ago, and found it painfully slow. Have given up trying on the Sapphire 22s.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 26 Jul 2015

(25 Jul 2015, 10:34 pm)BusLoverMum As a complete ignoramus about bus WiFi, am I right in thinking that it uses mobile networks, so is never going to be any better than he connection on my phone anyhow, unless my data provider isn't covered in a particular spot that the bus provider is?

Had little luck connecting to bus WiFi over the past few months, but did manage it on a 21, heading towards Darlo, a few weeks ago, and found it painfully slow. Have given up trying on the Sapphire 22s.

You're right - a normal 3G or 4G SIM card is used and, like a mobile network, the bus operators pay for a tariff of x amount of data per vehicle on a one-month rolling basis. If they go over this amount of data, the operator will incur additional charges.

EE has better coverage than Three on the A19, so it at least allows me to connect to the Internet while I am using GNE's X9/X10 services!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 26 Jul 2015

So when the changes happen, will the 51 and 57A interwork? That would certainly make sense, and it could use Solos giving the 57A an upgrade.