North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm)mb134 Seems a bit strange, they were vehicles that were used on the 501/505/518/X15/X18 until last year, what state were they meant to be in?!

What other vehicles are available for the service?

(29 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm)R852 PRG Seems like a bit of a flimsy reason.

Sorry, I maybe should have explained a bit more. As we are aware from many previous posts, Ashington didn't look after the Lowlanders (both the Y-reg and 7453-6) as well as they maybe should have. Hence the many mentions of them on work like 34, 35 and X21/X22 in their final 18 months at Ashington. Since they arrived at Durham, they've been looked after by Durham's engineering team and are in a reasonable state (however I've not been on one for a while, nor have I been on 7455 recently - that was sluggish the one time I've had it at Durham). As for their future, I've heard different to what Scott mentioned but I'd rather not say in case that doesn't turn out as planned.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm)Kuyoyo Since then, I've heard differently - 7453-6 will be staying South of the Tyne as Engineering don't trust Ashington to look after them after the state they were in their final days there.

Would managing properly Ashington would be easier than not sending buses there, in case they don't look after them? If Arriva as a group are forking out for new vehicles, then surely it's a reasonable expectation that they'll be maintained to the same standard, no matter which depot they're allocated to?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm)Kuyoyo Sorry, I maybe should have explained a bit more. As we are aware from many previous posts, Ashington didn't look after the Lowlanders (both the Y-reg and 7453-6) as well as they maybe should have. Hence the many mentions of them on work like 34, 35 and X21/X22 in their final 18 months at Ashington. Since they arrived at Durham, they've been looked after by Durham's engineering team and are in a reasonable state (however I've not been on one for a while, nor have I been on 7455 recently - that was sluggish the one time I've had it at Durham). As for their future, I've heard different to what Scott mentioned but I'd rather not say in case that doesn't turn out as planned.

From what I've heard in the past, of all the depots to criticise other depots, Durham shouldn't be it. I've heard that the Lowlanders they had prior to Ashington sending theirs down were very unreliable, which must be due to how well they look after them surely?! 

I can only say what I have heard and experienced, but I was on 7454 a couple of weeks before it went to Durham and it performed exceptionally on an X15. They also seem to be doing something to their older Sapphire E400's, most of the ones I've been on recently have performed very well.

I do, however, know that they weren't the buses they once were when they left Ashington, as you pointed out they frequently appeared on the X21/22, but at the same time, every time I got one I was still impressed.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - solsburian - 29 Jul 2015

With the changes to the 57/57a will there be a reduced service to Cramlington through Seghill?  That would be pretty bad if that's the case  Sad

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm)Kuyoyo As for their future, I've heard different to what Scott mentioned but I'd rather not say in case that doesn't turn out as planned.

Don't want to ruin your 'i know everything' status eh?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 8:44 pm)solsburian With the changes to the 57/57a will there be a reduced service to Cramlington through Seghill?  That would be pretty bad if that's the case  Sad

Yeah service 57A will only operate hourly through Seghill as the 57 will operate to Cramlington Hospital.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - solsburian - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 8:47 pm)Tom Yeah service 57A will only operate hourly through Seghill as the 57 will operate to Cramlington Hospital.

Thanks for that, I don't think that change will go down very well, especially during the peaks.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 29 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 8:50 pm)solsburian Thanks for that, I don't think that change will go down very well, especially during the peaks.

No problem, and yeah the 57/57A can pick up a few through Seghill so not sure about the move especially if the 58 will serve the hospital.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 30 Jul 2015

The whole point of upgrading the X18 with 6 new buses then passing the 64 plates down to the X20 is that:

- The X18 gets the newest stock.
- The X20 gets buses which are just under or if not, a year old.
- 2 spares can be sourced in the Winter months (64 plate E400 and whatever is sourced)..
- 1 spare can still exist in the Summer months (64 plate E400).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 30 Jul 2015

X20 would only need 4, though I suppose the other two could go on the X14 binning the Scanias to Darlington?
All theoretical of course given none of this will happen...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - palatine3833 - 30 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 7:42 pm)mb134 From what I've heard in the past, of all the depots to criticise other depots, Durham shouldn't be it. I've heard that the Lowlanders they had prior to Ashington sending theirs down were very unreliable, which must be due to how well they look after them surely?! 

I can only say what I have heard and experienced, but I was on 7454 a couple of weeks before it went to Durham and it performed exceptionally on an X15. They also seem to be doing something to their older Sapphire E400's, most of the ones I've been on recently have performed very well.

I do, however, know that they weren't the buses they once were when they left Ashington, as you pointed out they frequently appeared on the X21/22, but at the same time, every time I got one I was still impressed.

The condition that the Lowlanders were sent in was absolutely disgusting.  The main problem with the Lowlanders is that the chassis' are rotting away.  The reason people criticise Ashington's maintenance is mainly because two of the 57-plates have had to have work done to the rear interior as the floor collapsed (a sign the bus definitely hasn't been looked after IMO)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 30 Jul 2015

(30 Jul 2015, 6:57 am)tyresmoke X20 would only need 4, though I suppose the other two could go on the X14 binning the Scanias to Darlington?
All theoretical of course given none of this will happen...

One to replace 4663?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 30 Jul 2015

PB0002717/306 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Marske Estate and Stokesley given service number 81/81a effective from 17-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

Reason for the change here - https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/dunsdale-closure/

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 30 Jul 2015

(30 Jul 2015, 3:36 pm)Michael PB0002717/306 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Marske Estate and Stokesley given service number 81/81a effective from 17-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

Reason for the change here - https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/updates/dunsdale-closure/

PVR increase and no interworking at Marske (3 buses doing 81s, 2 on 81As). Sunday's are the interesting one - 49 minutes layover at the Voyager it seems...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - marklewins - 30 Jul 2015

(29 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm)Tom I don't understand how the 58 will work either.

Will it be: Nelson Village-Beacon Lea-Cramlington then either Hollywell or New Hartley?
We will see on Monday when the timetables are supposedly going to appear on the website.

Although I talked about this a while back when the 58 was first launched. Cramlington has missed its own bus network. The C1 proved an integral link, every 20mins serving Nelson Village, Manor Walks then Eastfield Lea. Likewise the C2 linking Beacon Lea, Beacon Hill, Manor Walks and Collingwood Grange. Buses were popular, well used and only really suffered in mater years when arriva upgraded them to Mini Darts. The C1 and C2 were originally operated by Sherpa Mini buses. These were perfect size, seating number and had no issues with parked cars. These were upgraded to metroriders and later to newer larger model of metrorider. The mistake was to not replace the darts with narrow body, short length Solos. These would have much more suited the the routes.

As it is we were always missing a C3, to connect East Hartford, Brockwell, Manor Walks, Southfield and Klondyke. That was the gap that was missing.

Now we have service 58. My only hope is that it is what NCC told me, combination of old C1 and C2 as one route. If this is so it is perfectly acceptable to provide an hourly service from:
Nelson Village - [2mins] Cramlington Station - [5mins] Beacon Hill - [3mins] Beacon Lea - [5mins] Manor Walks Asda/Retail Park - [4mins] Dudley Lane (Sainsburys) - [2mins] Hareside - [7mins incl turn around] Collingwood Grange - [5mins] Cambo Drive - [6mins] Clifton Road (Klondyke) - [8mins] Cramlington Hospital

The times stated are based upon my local knowledge and memory of the old routes. Yes, it allows about 45mins, end to end, but traffic and passenger mobility affect loading/alighting times.
To maintain an hourly frequency would require 2 buses. Given the old C1s used to be about 28mins end to end and the C2 was around 26mins, I think, 45mins is not too bad. Would still be better as separate services to run the old C1/C2s with hospital extension to reduce journey times.

We will see and feel free to ignore me uneducated waffle.

Cheers
(30 Jul 2015, 11:15 am)palatine3833 The condition that the Lowlanders were sent in was absolutely disgusting.  The main problem with the Lowlanders is that the chassis' are rotting away.  The reason people criticise Ashington's maintenance is mainly because two of the 57-plates have had to have work done to the rear interior as the floor collapsed (a sign the bus definitely hasn't been looked after IMO)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 31 Jul 2015

4653 has a poster on board advertising the new X20 route combining with the X18 between Widdrington and Alnwick.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 03 Aug 2015

Are the new timetables for the Northumberland changes out today, seem to recall something saying they were, just can't find it anywhere...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 03 Aug 2015

(03 Aug 2015, 8:23 am)mb134 Are the new timetables for the Northumberland changes out today, seem to recall something saying they were, just can't find it anywhere...

you can try this site:

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 03 Aug 2015

The Consultation Report stated they will be online today at some point. The printed versions will be available from Thursday.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 03 Aug 2015

Arriva's Facebook page's cover photo has been updated teasing improvements to the X66 and new links on the Darlington-Stockton-Middlesbrough corridor.