North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 24 Aug 2015

(24 Aug 2015, 9:36 pm)MrPottski Wonder if these relate to stand changes, given all those services currently use Stand M.

Could do with making some more changes to stands in Darlington, seems to be far too many buses trying to use stand M at the same time especially if some buses arrive/depart late.

Could be something relating to the Feethams development, road closures maybe?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 26 Aug 2015

PHP
PB0002717/54 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Variation Accepted
Operating between Darlington and Barnard Castle given service number X76/X75 effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/200 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Variation Accepted
Operating between Middlesbrough and Darlington given service number 66/X66/X67 effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/201 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Variation Accepted
Operating between Red Hall and Branksome given service number 2 effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0002717/273 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Variation Accepted
Operating between Darlington and West Park given service number 19 effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/301 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted
Operating between Stockton and Hartburn given service number 6 effective from 25-Oct-2015.

PB0002717
/306 ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD1 ADMIRAL WAYDOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARKSUNDERLANDSR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN
Operating between New Marske and Stokesley given service number 81/81a effective from 27-Aug-2015. To amend Route and Timetable

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 26 Aug 2015

Let the frothing commence...

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JoshP - 26 Aug 2015

X67... I'm intrigued. And the 19... hmm

Yes there's an upcoming improvement to our Darlington to Middlesbrough express...
X66 will continue to run every half hour via the current route
X67 will also run every half hour from Darlington via College, Hartburn, Stockton to Middlesbrough
They'll combine to offer a service every 15 minutes between Darlington, Stockton and Middlesbrough (and vice versa). 4 buses an hour instead of 3 now!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - R852 PRG - 26 Aug 2015

(26 Aug 2015, 6:36 pm)tyresmoke Yes there's an upcoming improvement to our Darlington to Middlesbrough express...
X67 will also run every half hour from Darlington via College, Hartburn, Stockton to Middlesbrough
They'll combine to offer a service every 15 minutes between Darlington, Stockton and Middlesbrough (and vice versa). 4 buses an hour instead of 3 now!

Hope it's a worthwhile improvement, an increased frequency will hopefully attract passengers.

(26 Aug 2015, 6:36 pm)tyresmoke Yes there's an upcoming improvement to our Darlington to Middlesbrough express...

Pretty much what I predicted except it runs via Hartburn when I said Longnewton after the speculation saying that it would run via Longnewton on here.

These changes are annoying for me as I will now only have two buses an hour to/from Middlesbrough to/from Harrowgate Hill and North Road, just hope they will go up/down North Road at around the same times as the 5/5A does (not that it's ever on-time anyway!) otherwise the amount of trips I make to Stockton and Boro may drastically decrease unless I start using the 7.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JoshP - 26 Aug 2015

Class! What extra vehicle will be used for the X66/X67? I'm guessing all the Omni's will be rebranded in Darlo? Including the X66/X26/X27 mapped ones? Also What is happening to service 19? Smile

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 Aug 2015

(26 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)Jimmi Pretty much what I predicted except it runs via Hartburn when I said Longnewton after the speculation saying that it would run via Longnewton on here.

These changes are annoying for me as I will now only have two buses an hour to/from Middlesbrough to/from Harrowgate Hill and North Road, just hope they will go up/down North Road at around the same times as the 5/5A does (not that it's ever on-time anyway!) otherwise the amount of trips I make to Stockton and Boro may drastically decrease unless I start using the 7.

Sadly I was misinformed about Longnewton. I'm sure when I originally hinted it (prior to it being removed) I did put Hartburn as well. 

(26 Aug 2015, 6:45 pm)JoshP Class! What extra vehicle will be used for the X66/X67? I'm guessing all the Omni's will be rebranded in Darlo? Including the X66/X26/X27 mapped ones? Also What is happening to service 19? Smile

I'm lead to understand the X66/X67 will be shared between Darlington and Stockton (the X67 replacing Stockton's 6) with some Pulsars being MAX'd for Stockton's turns.

(26 Aug 2015, 6:45 pm)JoshP Class! What extra vehicle will be used for the X66/X67? I'm guessing all the Omni's will be rebranded in Darlo? Including the X66/X26/X27 mapped ones? Also What is happening to service 19? Smile

Two of the 1404/5/7 due for Stockton should be refurbished I understand for our share of it. 1415 expected to stay, being a generic spare for both MAX routes (X12, X66)

PVR will be 7, an increase of one on the existing services covering the same corridor. More proof of investment going into our operations over the next few months, with an extra bus on the 46 (Durham), X66 and who knows what else in the future?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 Aug 2015

(26 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm)Jimmi Pretty much what I predicted except it runs via Hartburn when I said Longnewton after the speculation saying that it would run via Longnewton on here.

Thanks to another source, the X67 will be operating out of Darlington via the old OK1 route then via Hartburn. Sunday X66s will also be diverted via Hartburn and both the X66/X67 will operate via Thornaby Station.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Mark - 26 Aug 2015

X66 & X67 will also interwork in Darlington allowing through journeys on most departures.

(26 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm)Mark X66 & X67 will also interwork in Darlington allowing through journeys on most departures.
That's good if you get on a X67 in Middlesbrough or Stockton and want to get off down North Road, still totally useless for me getting to/from Newton Aycliffe though.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 27 Aug 2015

PB0002717/238 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Newcastle given service number X12 effective from 15-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 27 Aug 2015

(26 Aug 2015, 8:16 pm)Kuyoyo Thanks to another source, the X67 will be operating out of Darlington via the old OK1 route then via Hartburn. Sunday X66s will also be diverted via Hartburn and both the X66/X67 will operate via Thornaby Station.

What do they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 27 Aug 2015

I would have put the X66 via Longnewton and saved the time by making it setting down only into Darlington on North Road, picking up only outbound.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 01 Sep 2015

PB0002717/390 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitby Park & Ride and Whitby Park & Ride given service number P1/P2 effective from 02-Nov-2015

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 04 Sep 2015

Just the one today - new Saturday shopping shuttle service
PB0002717/407 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Stockton High Street
Finish Point: Teesside Park
Via:
Service Number: S1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-OCT-2015
Other Details: Up to every 30 minutes, Saturdays only.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 04 Sep 2015

(04 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm)tyresmoke Just the one today - new Saturday shopping shuttle service
PB0002717/407 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Stockton High Street
Finish Point: Teesside Park
Via:
Service Number: S1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-OCT-2015
Other Details: Up to every 30 minutes, Saturdays only.

Intresting, always thought someone should have started a bus to Teesside Park after the demise of Leven Valley even just on Saturday's. Pity there is not many shops I like at Teesside Park.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 04 Sep 2015

(04 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm)Jimmi Intresting, always thought someone should have started a bus to Teesside Park after the demise of Leven Valley even just on Saturday's. Pity there is not many shops I like at Teesside Park.

I think we're just running it as a trial using one of the buses that would otherwise be sat idle in the yard (PVR of 9/27/27A is -3 on a Saturday compared to weekdays). If its successful it may be extended I guess, otherwise just quietly dropped.
Teesside Park used to subsidise the Alrite/A1 Coaches/Compass Royston/Leven Valley services but I think this is being done on an entirely commercial basis. Hopefully the run upto Christmas will prove to be busy, though it doesn't really have any time to settle in being started at the end of October.