North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 10:48 am)scania driver Dan. I'm talking here about a direct service between Hartlepool and DARLINGTON, I know that there are services by Stagecoach to Middlesbrough. Presently the options to get between the two locations are either costly - Stagecoach 1 or 36 to Boro change to Arriva X66/7, costing nearly £13.00 and taking between 90 and 150 mins depending. The other option, to keep the cost down is to travel Arriva to either Peterlee or Durham and change to the respective services. Cost £7.70. Journey and connection times unthinkable. Hopefully my tenure here in Hartlepool will come to and end this year and I can move back to Arrivaland.
There is also the Explorer ticket, which would be cheaper than the price quoted to use SNE and ANE via Middlesbrough (or Stockton).

In the service suggestions thread, I proposed a service between Hartlepool and Stockton, via Wynyard and Sedgefield. As well as improving connections to the employment sites at Wynyard and the proposed new school off the A689, it would assist people visiting North Tees hospital following the transfer of services within Hartlepool.
It could also give you the option of transferring on to a Darlo service in Sedgefield.

I do think it strange there is a lack of a direct service between Hartlepool and Sedgefield, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the villages in between.
I am not sure the demand would exist to add another bus to the villages and communities that already have a service to Peterlee or Durham.
Obviously those passengers would add to any through traffic on the Hartlepool - Darlo service.
The other option, would be to use the A66 - but that seems covered with the X66/67.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 11:37 am)Andreos1 There is also the Explorer ticket, which would be cheaper than the price quoted to use SNE and ANE via Middlesbrough (or Stockton).

In the service suggestions thread, I proposed a service between Hartlepool and Stockton, via Wynyard and Sedgefield. As well as improving connections to the employment sites at Wynyard and the proposed new school off the A689, it would assist people visiting North Tees hospital following the transfer of services within Hartlepool.
It could also give you the option of transferring on to a Darlo service in Sedgefield.

I do think it strange there is a lack of a direct service between Hartlepool and Sedgefield, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the villages in between.
I am not sure the demand would exist to add another bus to the villages and communities that already have a service to Peterlee or Durham.
Obviously those passengers would add to any through traffic on the Hartlepool - Darlo service.
The other option, would be to use the A66 - but that seems covered with the X66/67.

Going via the A689 would be commerical suicide - Stagecoach's 36 provides the link along that corridor into Hartlepool and to Stockton and Middlesbrough, plus there's little or no residences along the Wolviston-Sedgefield secition. Unless you served Wynyard - which is a high area of car ownership - you'd be running at a lose. The NHS already provide a shuttle between Hartlepool and North Tees themselves plus there's plenty of buses between Stockton and North Tees so there's already plenty of choice.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 09 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 10:13 am)scania driver All to do with saving money and resources. Arriva have a team someplace whose role must be dedicated to this under the banner heading of "Service Improvements". They want to get out in the real world and listen to the customers. And as I've said before, why no direct (and fast) service/connection between two major connurbations? Namely Darlington and Hartlepool. All to do with politics between operators, nothing to do with providing a service that the customers want.

Totally agree Scania Driver.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 09 Jan 2016

Service 115 will be operated by Ashington depot.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tvd - 10 Jan 2016

(07 Jan 2016, 11:20 pm)Kuyoyo As also have the 5/5a, 17/17a/X17, 27/27a and 63 timetables.

In summary

5/5a/X5
The X5 is withdrawn. In place, the 5/5a will operate at a combined 10 minutely frequency on the core section at peak times (arrivals into Middlesbrough between 8 and 9 and departures from Middlesbrough between 1630 and 1730).
The 5 additionally reverts to its pre-July 2015 routing between Carlin How and Easington with each round trip serving just one of the two villages of Liverton or Skinningrove. This does impact on the recovery time at Easington (Liverton journeys get a minute, Skinningrove 5)
The 1810 departure from Middlesbrough now operates to the evening route and time, arriving at Twizziegill View at 1913 (presently 1929)
Sunday daytime journeys on the 5 will now alternative between serving Skinningrove or Liverton Mines on a 2 hourly basics. As per the present daytime operation, journeys operating to Easington via Skinningrove return to Middlesbrough via Liverton and vice versa.

17/17a/X17
The number of X17 journeys are reduced to 3 journeys in each direction. The current departure from Kingsmead at 0749 is replaced by a 17 at 0744 while an additional 17 from Kingsmead is introduced at 0814 working off the 0710 departure from Middlesbrough (which presently runs light to Ingleby Barwick for 0841).
Outbound, the 1640 departure on the X17 is withdrawn with the 1630 17 revised to terminate at Sober Hall.
The 1815 17 to Kingsmead is retimed to run at 1805 all week. On Saturdays, the current 1735 17 to Sober Hall and the 1755 17a to Stockton will now run at 1730 and 1745.

27/27a
From Netherfields weekdays:
  • The 1730 27a will now depart at 1735
  • The 1745 27 will now depart at 1755
  • The 1800 27a will now depart at 1815
From Middlesbrough weekdays
  • The 1700 27a now runs 5 minutes later at 1705
  • The 1707 27 now runs 8 minutes later at 1715, as such the 1715 27a now runs at 1725
  • The 1722 27 now runs 13 minutes later at 1735
  • The 1745 27 now runs as a 27a replacing the 1730 departure, meaning Cranmore Road and College Road have a gap of 75 minutes between 27s from the town
No changes to evening, Saturday or Sunday timetables

28/28a/28b/29/29a
Shall list these together as they come under the same umbrella
Departure times for the Lingdale and Stokesley services from Middlesbrough remain unchanged, leaving at xx05 (Lingdale) and xx35 (Stokesley) as now. The AM peak departures are slightly changed with the first Lingdale now leaving at 0655 (presently 0700) and the first Stokesley being 0725 (0730). The recently retimed 0745 28 returns to the previous 0755 departure time. Both Guisborough and Stokesley sees a reduced level of departures during the early morning peak (Guisborough is down to hourly from the present 4 between 0600 and 0800, Stokesley is down from 3 pre-0900 arrivals to just 2).
The last 28 to Lingdale is now 1710 (presently 1705 Monday-Friday and 1730 Saturdays) while the last 28a is 1740 (1750 weekdays, 1745 Saturday).
The 29 now leaves Middlesbrough at xx15 and xx45 for Cypress Road. The 0815 and 0845 departures from the Bus Station run as 29As as does the last Cypress Road terminator at 1720. The last 4 departures from Cypress Road also run as 29As. Evening 29As to Swans Corner leave Middlesbrough at 1755, 1830 and 1930 (presently 1815, 1845 and 1945 on 28b) with return journeys at 1838 and 1918 (presently 1732 from Lingdale (1800 at Nunthorpe) and 1900). Sunday journeys are retimed inbound to run 1 to 2 minutes earlier from Nunthorpe to Saltersgill but arrives in Middlesbrough 1 minute later.
29As depart Middlesbrough for Marton Manor at xx25 and xx55 until 1625 then 1700. These last two departures during the week run the evening route to Marton Manor via Easterside. On Saturdays, the 1555 and 1625 operate this route with the 1655 and 1725 operating to Cypress Road (last 29 weekdays is 1615 from town and 1553 from Cypress Road, Saturdays are 1615 and 1523 with the 1553 running as a 29A).
Saturday mornings are back to old times with full service levels out of town from 0900.
Interworking patterns appear to be: 28/xx15 29/28a/xx45 29 with 29As 2 buses stand alone.
Neither 28/28a nor Nunthorpe 29As now have a timing point at Nunthorpe Station.

Reportedly due to issues raised by Redcar Council (who really should have started work on that end of the High Street first rather than sort the Clock out first), the 63 will revert to the originally temporary route within Redcar. They will still serve Morrisons but will now turn right onto the High Street rather than across at that junction. It will serve the stops at Wilkinsons and opposite the Bus Station before then running directly along the seafront to the Clock.
The 1550 departure from Middlesbrough will terminate at the Clock (work onto the X3 during the week, not sure about Saturdays).

EDIT: Links to timetables are now dead links. To view them, check the website (pointless posting links again because they'll go out of date again)

Sad to see the X5 be withdrawn, unfortunately I think they chose an unusual route for it to take, where it should have been more along the lines of the old X56 but with fewer stops - passengers do want quick routes into major towns, especially if Arriva want to attract people out of their cars.

The 5 serving Liverton Mines on a Sunday (if thats correct, the website isnt showing the new Sunday timetables!) is at least a bonus, as we have been the only local village with no bus service at all on Sundays.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 10 Jan 2016

(10 Jan 2016, 3:02 pm)tvd Sad to see the X5 be withdrawn, unfortunately I think they chose an unusual route for it to take, where it should have been more along the lines of the old X56 but with fewer stops - passengers do want quick routes into major towns, especially if Arriva want to attract people out of their cars.

The 5 serving Liverton Mines on a Sunday (if thats correct, the website isnt showing the new Sunday timetables!) is at least a bonus, as we have been the only local village with no bus service at all on Sundays.

I am sad to see the X5 withdrawn too, I'm going to try and get to drive the last one (1715 ex Mbro) on 21st February!
It seems to be a bit of a casualty of lack of peak resource really as we'll only have one bus available to us instead of two, and we decided this would be better used boosting the frequency across the whole 5 route instead of part of it (hence the 10 min frequency for an hour each way).
There's no denying it was a popular service, though more on a morning than on an afternoon. Unfortunately it's only really the college students using as when these are not around, the X5 is lucky to carry 10 people on each journey. It's a shame really as people just didn't use it enough to justify it.

The 5 going to Liverton every 2 hours on a Sunday is indeed correct, and hopefully people from Liverton Mines will make use of it more than the people of Skinningrove do?! I've long wondered why Skinningrove got an hourly service and Liverton got nothing, at least this has now been put right.

Out of interest can you do anything about the parking in Liverton Mines? It's getting bloody awkward to say the least!

(10 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)tyresmoke I am sad to see the X5 withdrawn too, I'm going to try and get to drive the last one (1715 ex Mbro) on 21st February!
It seems to be a bit of a casualty of lack of peak resource really as we'll only have one bus available to us instead of two, and we decided this would be better used boosting the frequency across the whole 5 route instead of part of it (hence the 10 min frequency for an hour each way).
There's no denying it was a popular service, though more on a morning than on an afternoon. Unfortunately it's only really the college students using as when these are not around, the X5 is lucky to carry 10 people on each journey. It's a shame really as people just didn't use it enough to justify it.

The 5 going to Liverton every 2 hours on a Sunday is indeed correct, and hopefully people from Liverton Mines will make use of it more than the people of Skinningrove do?! I've long wondered why Skinningrove got an hourly service and Liverton got nothing, at least this has now been put right.

Out of interest can you do anything about the parking in Liverton Mines? It's getting bloody awkward to say the least!

I think it would've helped had the route had gone via Guisborough high street, as a genuinely express limited stop service, but that's just my opinion.

Hopefully Liverton Miners will use it, am sure I will from time to time, although a lot would still prefer the X4 up here (there's usually 3 or 4 of us without fail walking down to Loftus each Sunday morning for the first X4 to Saltburn/Redcar to go to work.) Knowing my luck, the 5 I need to get/to from work when I'm at Guisborough on a Sunday will go via Skinningrove instead!

Have noticed the parked cars been a nuisance at the bottom end of the village when I go past (I get on and off at the top near the turning circle)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 10 Jan 2016

(10 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm)tvd I think it would've helped had the route had gone via Guisborough high street, as a genuinely express limited stop service, but that's just my opinion.

Hopefully Liverton Miners will use it, am sure I will from time to time, although a lot would still prefer the X4 up here (there's usually 3 or 4 of us without fail walking down to Loftus each Sunday morning for the first X4 to Saltburn/Redcar to go to work.)  Knowing my luck, the 5 I need to get/to from work when I'm at Guisborough on a Sunday will go via Skinningrove instead!

Have noticed the parked cars been a nuisance at the bottom end of the village when I go past (I get on and off at the top near the turning circle)

Guisborough has the X93 though to provide an express to Middlesbrough.

The times from Liverton on a Sunday will be 0933 until 1733 to Middlesbrough, 1015 until 1815 to Easington (every 2 hours).
Which means buses will do both villages on a round trip ironically, like we do now Mon-Sat (which is being binned!)

It's mainly the stop at Downe St heading back to Loftus that's the issue, with the red Audi being 10 yards behind the stop. It's impossible to get in because of the telegraph pole & bus stop pole being a hazard for our mirrors, lol.

(10 Jan 2016, 5:29 pm)tyresmoke Guisborough has the X93 though to provide an express to Middlesbrough.

The times from Liverton on a Sunday will be 0933 until 1733 to Middlesbrough, 1015 until 1815 to Easington (every 2 hours).
Which means buses will do both villages on a round trip ironically, like we do now Mon-Sat (which is being binned!)

It's mainly the stop at Downe St heading back to Loftus that's the issue, with the red Audi being 10 yards behind the stop. It's impossible to get in because of the telegraph pole & bus stop pole being a hazard for our mirrors, lol.

Ok thanks...too late starting / early finishing for me, sadly, as I do early starts and late finishes when I work at Guisborough, but its worth knowing.

Some of these drivers need their mirrors 'accidently' knocking off to make them park more considerately! Smile

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - scania driver - 11 Jan 2016

Just a thought here about the X93? I lived in Guisborough a while ago and used the service as the quick way into Middlesbrough. I did have to walk there and back to the Shell garage stops to catch it though. P'raps the introduction of an additional stop at Hutton Gate road - presently served by 5/5a - could be a suggestion.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 11 Jan 2016

(10 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)tyresmoke I am sad to see the X5 withdrawn too, I'm going to try and get to drive the last one (1715 ex Mbro) on 21st February!

Won't last day be Friday 19th?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael Euston - 11 Jan 2016

(10 Jan 2016, 3:02 pm)tvd Sad to see the X5 be withdrawn, unfortunately I think they chose an unusual route for it to take, where it should have been more along the lines of the old X56 but with fewer stops - passengers do want quick routes into major towns, especially if Arriva want to attract people out of their cars.

I don't see why Arriva can't do an hourly daytime X5 express to East Cleveland (Beyond Skelton to Loftus). Take off one of the half-hourly 5 buses and run that limited stop [Ormesby crossroads and twice in Guisborough] . It would cut the journey by 15 minutes and therefore leave some spare running time to the total 5/5a service. I can remember the old X56 doing M'bro to Brotton in 42 minutes!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 11 Jan 2016

(09 Jan 2016, 11:47 am)Kuyoyo Going via the A689 would be commerical suicide - Stagecoach's 36 provides the link along that corridor into Hartlepool and to Stockton and Middlesbrough, plus there's little or no residences along the Wolviston-Sedgefield secition. Unless you served Wynyard - which is a high area of car ownership - you'd be running at a lose. The NHS already provide a shuttle between Hartlepool and North Tees themselves plus there's plenty of buses between Stockton and North Tees so there's already plenty of choice.

A little competition didn't do anyone any harm. Stagecoach compete along the northbound corridors in Hartlepool, so unsure as to why anything would be different on a southbound route.

As for the lack of residences on the A689... It doesn't do the routes that serve the A19, the east of Boro A66/A1073, west of Boro A66 or the A171 any harm.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 11 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm)Andreos1 A little competition didn't do anyone any harm. Stagecoach compete along the northbound corridors in Hartlepool, so unsure as to why anything would be different on a southbound route.

As for the lack of residences on the A689... It doesn't do the routes that serve the A19, the east of Boro A66/A1073, west of Boro A66 or the A171 any harm.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that was one of the original myths for deregulation. Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 11 Jan 2016

(07 Jan 2016, 11:20 pm)Kuyoyo 5/5a/X5
The X5 is withdrawn. In place, the 5/5a will operate at a combined 10 minutely frequency on the core section at peak times (arrivals into Middlesbrough between 8 and 9 and departures from Middlesbrough between 1630 and 1730).
The 5 additionally reverts to its pre-July 2015 routing between Carlin How and Easington with each round trip serving just one of the two villages of Liverton or Skinningrove. This does impact on the recovery time at Easington (Liverton journeys get a minute, Skinningrove 5)
The 1810 departure from Middlesbrough now operates to the evening route and time, arriving at Twizziegill View at 1913 (presently 1929)
Sunday daytime journeys on the 5 will now alternative between serving Skinningrove or Liverton Mines on a 2 hourly basics. As per the present daytime operation, journeys operating to Easington via Skinningrove return to Middlesbrough via Liverton and vice versa.
A press release has now been published.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 11 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 8:36 pm)peter A press release has now been published.

Liking the choice of picture! 1512 is the best Sapphire bus hahah Wink

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 11 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 8:51 pm)tyresmoke Liking the choice of picture! 1512 is the best Sapphire bus hahah  Wink

But where is the driver? Tongue

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 5:48 pm)Andreos1 A little competition didn't do anyone any harm. Stagecoach compete along the northbound corridors in Hartlepool, so unsure as to why anything would be different on a southbound route.

Agree.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 8:57 pm)Jimmi But where is the driver? Tongue

Probably taking the picture?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 12 Jan 2016

(11 Jan 2016, 8:51 pm)tyresmoke Liking the choice of picture! 1512 is the best Sapphire bus hahah Wink

He can't get them on his own Flickr but he can get them on Arriva's website..!