North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - logidoodah - 18 Jun 2023

(14 Jun 2023, 9:14 pm)col87 I believe if it’s true about the 59 this would be the first time Stagecoach will have had a service in Durham City.  

There are also rumours of streetlites from Sheffield depot moving to Hartlepool although it’s probably unlikely.

Stagecoach seem to like 'expanding' the area covered by their ticketing, using funded services such as North Tyneside (10/11/317/54) and UTC contracts now with 59 for County Durham. They are not really considering doing anything for growth besides new X24 Sunday Journey's (Which imo should include the X34 and they can inter-work them to reduce costs)

Its unlikely the rumours of the streetlites are true 1) due to the age they are 18 plates so surely they would cascade older vehicles...however if it is true there are 19 Stagecoach Streetlites. Does anyone have the full PVR requirement for Hartlepool Depot? I am unsure with the frequency reductions whether or not it is above or below that...?

Final note this is probably never going to happen because it is SNE and Hartlepool, probably mass cascades like Stockton gained.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 18 Jun 2023

(18 Jun 2023, 5:48 pm)logidoodah Stagecoach seem to like 'expanding' the area covered by their ticketing, using funded services such as North Tyneside (10/11/317/54) and UTC contracts now with 59 for County Durham. They are not really considering doing anything for growth besides new X24 Sunday Journey's (Which imo should include the X34 and they can inter-work them to reduce costs)

Its unlikely the rumours of the streetlites are true 1) due to the age they are 18 plates so surely they would cascade older vehicles...however if it is true there are 19 Stagecoach Streetlites. Does anyone have the full PVR requirement for Hartlepool Depot? I am unsure with the frequency reductions whether or not it is above or below that...?

Final note this is probably never going to happen because it is SNE and Hartlepool, probably mass cascades like Stockton gained.

The X24 isn't running on a Sunday, there's no new timetable for a Sunday on Stagecoach's side... traveline was also wrong... yet NEXUS includes a Sunday service.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 18 Jun 2023

I don't know the ins and outs of VOSA applications but re the X24, either someone at Stagecoach mucked up, or someone at Traveline did. That Sunday timetable fits perfectly with the xmas one last year (the duties for that timetable are still up on the board in the office btw). The X24 is NOT getting a Sunday service.

Side note; paper timetables are making a comeback, we recieved a box of them today (or possibly yesterday). I suspect they'll be on buses soon™️.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 21 Jun 2023

Updated network map for Sunderland, not showing the 99, so thst defo confirms it’s changed hands (again)! 

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/09/2015-14:33:41:560

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Retro Nero - 21 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 11:27 am)Economic505 Updated network map for Sunderland, not showing the 99, so thst defo confirms it’s changed hands (again)! 

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/09/2015-14:33:41:560
Awarded to GNE from July

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 21 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 11:27 am)Economic505 Updated network map for Sunderland, not showing the 99, so thst defo confirms it’s changed hands (again)! 

Timetables are now on the buses.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 21 Jun 2023

I do enjoy the various little errors in the map, such as Barnes Park being between Queen Alex Road and Essen Way, the Wheatsheaf appearing to have moved to where my Uni flat was on Swan Street, and the Academy of Light has apparently been flattened to make way for Dene Estate. The Southwick label is borderline. For the ones that label the estates, I feel it would've been better to just shade the area, or attatch the tag to the terminus.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 21 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 9:10 pm)F114TML I do enjoy the various little errors in the map, such as Barnes Park being between Queen Alex Road and Essen Way, the Wheatsheaf appearing to have moved to where my Uni flat was on Swan Street, and the Academy of Light has apparently been flattened to make way for Dene Estate. The Southwick label is borderline. For the ones that label the estates, I feel it would've been better to just shade the area, or attatch the tag to the terminus.

Worrying when it's been produced by professional cartographers, I'd assumed it was in house when I saw it!

Might partly be because they have opted for thin lines for the routes but it struck me how sparse the coverage looks, but then the South Shields one is same format and looks on first glance as being a lot more comprehensive in terms of network coverage.  It's been discussed before but sad to see really what was a network of around 30 services in the Sunderland Busways days reduced to 12 now (excluding the Es which were always Shields' operated till recently).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 21 Jun 2023

I don't think it is necessarily sad, considering the 3 (for example) is made up of the 2 (Town - Farringdon), 3 (Town - Plains Farm - Gilley Law) and 27 (Town - North Hylton Road - Hylton Castle), and was there really a need for three routes between Thorney Close, the Town and Fulwell/Dene Estate? Christ knows what a certain someone hellbent on diverting the 61 just cos would've made of that!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 21 Jun 2023

(17 Jun 2023, 4:24 pm)Dans_bus_photos The 11 is going to be a strange one too doubling back on St Lukes Terrace. Wonder if its going to serve the stops on either side of the road

Don't think I'd noticed before how mad the timings are at the other end of the route, with the 10 & 11 departing Grangetown within 1 minute of each other (though presumably this is to enable the timings to work out to given the even 10 mins combined on the shared sections of the route).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 21 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 9:39 pm)F114TML I don't think it is necessarily sad, considering the 3 (for example) is made up of the 2 (Town - Farringdon), 3 (Town - Plains Farm - Gilley Law) and 27 (Town - North Hylton Road - Hylton Castle), and was there really a need for three routes between Thorney Close, the Town and Fulwell/Dene Estate? Christ knows what a certain someone hellbent on diverting the 61 just cos would've made of that!
I remember in the late 80s , the 23, 24 and 25 going from Thorney Close over to Seaburn area. Throw in the 22 around mid 1990s.

(21 Jun 2023, 9:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Worrying when it's been produced by professional cartographers, I'd assumed it was in house when I saw it!

Might partly be because they have opted for thin lines for the routes but it struck me how sparse the coverage looks, but then the South Shields one is same format and looks on first glance as being a lot more comprehensive in terms of network coverage.  It's been discussed before but sad to see really what was a network of around 30 services in the Sunderland Busways days reduced to 12 now (excluding the Es which were always Shields' operated till recently).

Also the part of the map thst details sevice pick ups and drop offs in the town. It still mentions Gilley Law in relation to service 3.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 22 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 10:13 pm)Economic505 I remember in the late 80s , the 23, 24 and 25 going from Thorney Close over to Seaburn area. Throw in the 22 around mid 1990s.

Also the part of the map thst details sevice pick ups and drop offs in the town. It still mentions Gilley Law in relation to service 3.

Thorney Close had a mixture of bus services over the decades with TWOC 118/119/X2 also 168 going past Thorney Close on Durham road, Redby 23A, busways 21/22/23/24/25 and also when busways service 5 Red House to town got extended to Thorney Close when the 23/24 had minibuses on between Town and Seaburn, which was short lived and got reverted back , probably be more services but can’t remember at top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - garrymc05 - 22 Jun 2023

The 59 timetable has been released on the DCC website.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 22 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 9:30 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Worrying when it's been produced by professional cartographers, I'd assumed it was in house when I saw it!

Also, re it looking sparse, I think it's more the omission of the 99, which actually did a surprising amount of work making it look 'busy' - it doesn't help that they've left labels for roads and places served by the 12 and 99 (here's the previous version for reference: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/RouteMaps/North%20East/NE_SunderlandRouteMap2023JAN.pdf - this version also has the errors I listed above, but even more worryingly the route of the 12 and 13 is wrong around Town End Farm - it shows some going in via Blackwood Road when all buses go in via Hylton Lane and Brunswick Road). In addition, Shields has a lot of common corridors which are shown (for example, Prince Edward Road at one point is served by the 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 516, E6 and X34; Marsden Lane has 7, 8, 10, 11, E1, E2 and X34), you don't really get those in Sunderland, also the Shields routes are a lot more complex.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 22 Jun 2023

I remember a time where Chillingham Road had 7 buses, the 61/62/62A/62B/63/64/64A, some might see it as a good change, some see it as bad

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - garrymc05 - 22 Jun 2023

The 59 has now appeared on VOSA.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 22 Jun 2023

(21 Jun 2023, 9:39 pm)F114TML I don't think it is necessarily sad, considering the 3 (for example) is made up of the 2 (Town - Farringdon), 3 (Town - Plains Farm - Gilley Law) and 27 (Town - North Hylton Road - Hylton Castle), and was there really a need for three routes between Thorney Close, the Town and Fulwell/Dene Estate? Christ knows what a certain someone hellbent on diverting the 61 just cos would've made of that!

See I don't see the issue with those personally, there's a core group of services grouped together with similar numbers of the main section which branches out at the end to do different areas. It's a shame we don't have more of it imo for the Thornley Close services.

It's arguably better than the 2/2A/39/39A/39B/60/61 which serve the corridor through Ryhope and Grangetown. Now that's confusing which is just the same really.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Jun 2023

Confirmed on VOSA today:

PB0002404/392 Cancelled (Short notice)
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: Grangetown ASDA to Sunderland, Hylton Castle
Service number: 99 (99)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 23 Jul 2023

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 25 Jun 2023

Shocked nothing on here has been mentioned above the 59. Stagecoach haven't said owt. When's it expecting to start this 59 to Hartlepool

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 25 Jun 2023

(25 Jun 2023, 2:32 pm)Busu284 Shocked nothing on here has been mentioned above the 59. Stagecoach haven't said owt. When's it expecting to start this 59 to Hartlepool

Supposed to start from the same date as the Arriva changes, at the moment the 59 is only an emergency secured contract which is ran by GCT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk