North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 3:21 pm)Drifter60 Well I agree the option you outline above seems much more favourable - but at the moments that’s not where we are at. It certainly would be a much more stable model, and allows better cross ticketing options etc. Because even with this new tickets suggesting by the NECA there’s still issues at county/local authority boundaries. 

Let’s say I live in Easington Colliery, maybe I need to use a Arriva bus to get to Hartlepool but then a Stagecoach bus to get across town to , what’s the ticket option just the NE explorer that covers everywhere from Berwick to Scarborough and across to Carlisle. Or let’s say I need to go the other way, if I need Arriva to Sunderland and then GNE to get to Doxford Park, what can I get for that journey - an explorer again?

Not being pedantic but at the minute you would get 2 single for the massive amount of 4 quid.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 11:24 am)Andreos1 I'd not be surprised if they looked at budgets, analysed lead times with printers and just gave up the ghost. 
There's absolutely no way they could have or still can keep up with the changes that some operators make.

Not saying it's acceptable. Far from it. But I think it's symptomatic of the sector and the mess, lack of communication and failure of some operators to maintain any sort of network stability.

Doubtless cost will have been a key factor (though suspect this is pretty tiny in the grand scheme of things but is something easy to offer up as a saving).  Doubt frequency of service changes will be as big a deal as you suggest - they tended to reissue the maps on a locval athority (or even smaller area) basis once or twice a year anyway.  Even with the most irritating of frequent changes, they tend to not pick on the same area multiple times within one year in the main.

I suspect the biggest driver, perhaps after perceived cost, will have been some moron sat somewhere deciding "noone needs printed material in this day and age" then convincing themselves they were right by just removing it all.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 3:21 pm)Drifter60 Well I agree the option you outline above seems much more favourable - but at the moments that’s not where we are at. It certainly would be a much more stable model, and allows better cross ticketing options etc. Because even with this new tickets suggesting by the NECA there’s still issues at county/local authority boundaries. 

Let’s say I live in Easington Colliery, maybe I need to use a Arriva bus to get to Hartlepool but then a Stagecoach bus to get across town to , what’s the ticket option just the NE explorer that covers everywhere from Berwick to Scarborough and across to Carlisle. Or let’s say I need to go the other way, if I need Arriva to Sunderland and then GNE to get to Doxford Park, what can I get for that journey - an explorer again?

Aye I get what you say but even still, it's a step in the right direction, things are just so broken currently. Personally I think when it comes to transport Tees Valley and the LA7 should be one but that's one for the politics forum, there's arguably much less of a connection between North Yorkshire and Tees Valley as of course there's always going to be a problem hot spot.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Lollist - 28 Jun 2023

I think a normal dayrider on any bus operator in the NE should be usable on every single operator and service because if i use stagecoach all the time and soend a tenner for a weeks pass on my phone then decide to go to darlington i would have to buy an arriva ticket its so stupid.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Countydurhambuses - 28 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 8:53 pm)Storx Aye I get what you say but even still, it's a step in the right direction, things are just so broken currently. Personally I think when it comes to transport Tees Valley and the LA7 should be one but that's one for the politics forum, there's arguably much less of a connection between North Yorkshire and Tees Valley as of course there's always going to be a problem hot spot.

I find it weird how tees valley isn't included as part if the north east in the new tickets, I think it's now £8 for a full north east day ticket then you have to pay £11 for an explorer if you want anywhere else, although since there's now new multi operator tickets will the explorer even stick around

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 29 Jun 2023

Has the 59 started today as 36086 has tracked leaving Hartlepool bound for Durham following the route. But not sure if it's due to start today or on the 10th

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 5:46 am)Busu284 Has the 59 started today as 36086 has tracked leaving Hartlepool bound for Durham following the route. But not sure if it's due to start today or on the 10th

It’s been stated on this forum on previous posts that the new 59 will start from 9TH JULY the drivers will be just route learning the route as I saw one route learning through Trimdon yesterday afternoon

[Image: f74942f706515e7eb9ae38f7b83e45ed.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 29 Jun 2023

(26 Jun 2023, 1:53 pm)Drifter60 I wonder if Stagecoach will have tweaks to their ticketing offering with the 59 contract? A Hartlepool + Co Durham day/mega rider? As otherwise they’ll not have a day ticket option available to those customers on the 59 route. The 59 may even get some passengers from wider Hartlepool going towards Durham, as the Arriva 24 is only marginally quicker and if there’s a more attractive ticket option that incorporates Stagecoach’s local routes in the town.

I wonder when stagecoach put the bid in for the 59 that if there were any in depth stagecoach passes acceptance involved when DCC accepted stagecoach bid

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Drifter60 - 29 Jun 2023

(28 Jun 2023, 3:39 pm)Rob44 Not being pedantic but at the minute you would get 2 single for the massive amount of 4 quid.

Still that’s £8 for two buses there, two buses back. Also no weekly ticket option for those working full time etc. £40 a week for journeys not that long imo.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - deanmachine - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:10 pm)Drifter60 Still that’s £8 for two buses there, two buses back. Also no weekly ticket option for those working full time etc. £40 a week for journeys not that long imo.

There's the Network One All Zones+ for the LA7, don't think it works in the Tees Valley though.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Retro Nero - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:19 pm)deanmachine There's the Network One All Zones+ for the LA7, don't think it works in the Tees Valley though.

There is also the upcoming new ticket of £6 (adult) and £3 youngsters day ticket which will have the same boundary as the current Explorer ..
Commencement date to be announced

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 12:10 pm)Drifter60 Still that’s £8 for two buses there, two buses back. Also no weekly ticket option for those working full time etc. £40 a week for journeys not that long imo.

Yes  4 journeys at 2 quid, but you said an explorer in your post which is more expensive than 4 singles if I'm not mistaken?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - deanmachine - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 1:20 pm)Retro Nero There is also the upcoming new ticket of £6 (adult) and £3 youngsters day ticket which will have the same boundary as the current Explorer ..
Commencement date to be announced

Are you sure? I'm not sure if it includes Tees Valley or North Yorkshire.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 3:06 pm)deanmachine Are you sure? I'm not sure if it includes Tees Valley or North Yorkshire.

Given they’ve just announced new Smartzone day’s replacing the current Tripper tickets priced at £5.70 (Teesside) and £7.70 (Tees Valley) I would suspect not

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ryland - 29 Jun 2023

(27 Jun 2023, 8:40 am)Kuyoyo PB0001987/319 Registered
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Saltburn to Loftus
Service number: 1 (2)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 10 Jul 2023

Are they going to be full length buses or some the tees flex buses

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Lottie332 - 29 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 9:22 pm)Ryland Are they going to be full length buses or some the tees flex buses

Mmcs

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Retro Nero - 30 Jun 2023

(29 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm)tyresmoke Given they’ve just announced new Smartzone day’s replacing the current Tripper tickets priced at £5.70 (Teesside) and £7.70 (Tees Valley) I would suspect not

Transport North East are funding the £6 & £3 day ticket apparently. The people behind the current under 21 £1: fare

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 30 Jun 2023

PB0001987/320 Registered (Short notice)
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Hartlepool Interchange to Durham, Milburngate via Trimdon and Kelloe
Service number: 59
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 09 Jul 2023

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 9:20 am)Retro Nero Transport North East are funding the £6 & £3 day ticket apparently. The people behind the current under 21 £1: fare

Transport North East is only Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and Durham though. Remember Hartlepool isn't part of Durham even known historically it is. Ticketing wise it would probably be better being part of it but that's for another day.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 30 Jun 2023

(30 Jun 2023, 9:20 am)Retro Nero Transport North East are funding the £6 & £3 day ticket apparently. The people behind the current under 21 £1: fare

£4 day ticket in County Durham, £5 in Northumberland, £6.80 all zone (TNE area only), £3 day ticket for U22's.

None of the above valid in Tees Valley (which means not valid in Darlington or Hartlepool on services that travel cross)

Ultimately means, that anyone travelling from Hartlepool to Durham on the 59, only has an Explorer as an option.
Given the 59 is a cost based contact, that means Stagecoach do not set the fares and it would be up to Durham County Council to arrange a special day ticket.

Even Megariders may not be valid locally in Hartlepool on Service 59, unless they can get an agreement with Durham CC - which given Hartlepool is completely out of their area, I wouldn't be surprised if DCC refuse, as Hartlepool local travel isn't their remit. It's all a bit of a mess