North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 25 Jul 2023

It’s a bit concerning Stagecoach are taking on extra work when there is still work from Walkergate being consistently cancelled.

This is how the 39/40 was operating this afternoon, disgraceful.

And yes, I know Go North East still have cancellations. But the depot operating the new services is not impacted by these.

https://ibb.co/wh21TPD

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 5:23 pm)Thomas12 It’s a bit concerning Stagecoach are taking on extra work when there is still work from Walkergate being consistently cancelled.

And yes, I know Go North East still have cancellations. But the depot operating the new services is not impacted by these.

There’s temporary lights at Denton Burn for the entirety of the 6 weeks Holiday, I suspect the cancellations are linked to buses being put right rather then driver shortages, and either way at least the Stagecoach app tells you it isn’t coming rather then the guesswork of the GNE one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 5:23 pm)Thomas12 It’s a bit concerning Stagecoach are taking on extra work when there is still work from Walkergate being consistently cancelled.

Thing is with GNE they're not adding services to depots with regular cancellations

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 5:34 pm)pbjd There’s temporary lights at Denton Burn for the entirety of the 6 weeks Holiday, I suspect the cancellations are linked to buses being put right rather then driver shortages, and either way at least the Stagecoach app tells you it isn’t coming rather then the guesswork of the GNE one.

That would be fair enough if the service wasn’t as abysmal throughout the rest of the year.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 25 Jul 2023

I have a feeling they might poach the drivers who are currently working from a portacabin at the side of their depot...

I don't know what the plans are but there might be some moving across. The unions have been very quiet considering the work the drivers were meant to be doing at Ashington doesn't exist anymore and there's no cancellations up this way lately - mind not sure if they're using agency staff still.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 6:06 pm)Thomas12 That would be fair enough if the service wasn’t as abysmal throughout the rest of the year.
All the West Road services have been affected by various traffic light upgrades, sometimes in multiple locations at any one time along the entire length of the road, for months. This can sometimes double the amount of time it takes to get into and from the city centre. I’m sure there are driver-related cancellations but most of it is due to the roadworks at both ends of the route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 25 Jul 2023

I know there is one driver just joined as its my mate thats just joined, its her 1st day today, since theyre extending the 38 back to Forest Hall after 20 years, maybe they coud bring back the 64/64A while theyre at it (that was a joke btw)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 6:36 pm)markydh All the West Road services have been affected by various traffic light upgrades, sometimes in multiple locations at any one time along the entire length of the road, for months. This can sometimes double the amount of time it takes to get into and from the city centre. I’m sure there are driver-related cancellations but most of it is due to the roadworks at both ends of the route.

So surely there should be some temp timetable changes to assit with reliability, maybe an increase in PVR or two

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 6:59 pm)V514DFT I know there is one driver just joined as its my mate thats just joined, its her 1st day today, since theyre extending the 38 back to Forest Hall after 20 years, maybe they coud bring back the 64/64A while theyre at it (that was a joke btw)

When are they extending the 38?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 8:09 pm)j986986 When are they extending the 38?

September

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 25 Jul 2023

Are there likely to be any changes to the 62,63 or X63 services?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 8:35 pm)j986986 Are there likely to be any changes to the 62,63 or X63 services?

X63 is going every 30 minutes

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 9:05 pm)Busu284 X63 is going every 30 minutes

Wow really, it’s going to be even busier then especially through the business parks at peak times

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 25 Jul 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 9:22 pm)j986986 Wow really, it’s going to be even busier  then especially through the business parks at peak times

Drivers I've spoken to said the X63 doesn't need to be every 20 atm cause of how dead it gets and I can agree. Even during the business hours when 22065 was on going into town he got half a load. Tbf 2 decekrs will see a good reason for the X63 going every 30 minute

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 26 Jul 2023

There still be extra runs during the rush hours. It's just during the day (roughly 0930 - 1630) and on Saturdays that it's going to be every 30mins.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 26 Jul 2023

(23 Jul 2023, 8:25 pm)Michael CSV:

X63 - Monday to Friday inter-peak and Saturday frequency reduced to every 30 minutes. Some early Saturday morning journeys withdrawn.

16 - Monday to Sunday regular service. Minor Monday to Friday morning timetable changes.

18/18A - Revised timetable: Monday - Friday 0709 trip from Gilley Law retimed to depart 12mins earlier at 0657.

18 - Monday to Friday journeys to/from Quorum extended further into business park. Other minor timetable changes.

317 - Revised route in North Shields to operate via the new Transport Hub. Minor timetable changes.

71, 87, 72 - Monday to Friday Peak frequencies revised to hourly (combined every 20 minutes). Monday to Saturday 1829 and 1857 Service 72 journeys withdrawn.

10/11 - Monday-Sunday regular service. Revised route and minor timing changes to some Mon-Fri AM trips to resolve stand clashes at new North Shields Transport Hub.

115 - School service

23 - Revised timetable: Monday - Friday peak journeys revised and minor frequency adjustment to every 17/18 minutes in the afternoon peak.

37/37A/38 - Service 37 introduced between Cramlington and Whickham View, every 30 minutes Mon to Sat daytimes, hourly evenings (with Nexus support) and Sundays. Some service 38 extended from Freeman Hospital to Meadway Estate, every 30 minutes, with Nexus support evenings and Sundays. Combined every 10 minutes between Freeman Hospital and Whickham View.

Which route will the 37 take? Will it be Freeman Hospital to Cramlington via Killingworth?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 26 Jul 2023

(26 Jul 2023, 2:13 pm)j986986 Which route will the 37 take? Will it be Freeman Hospital to Cramlington via Killingworth?

It's following the 52 route from Freeman Hospital

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 26 Jul 2023

Is 37A a mistake

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 27 Jul 2023

Hmm interesting. The nexus list mentions that the 54 will still run between Newcastle & Whitley Bay Sunday & evenings

https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/changes-bus-services-newcastle-and-north-tyneside-sunday-3-september-2023

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 27 Jul 2023

(26 Jul 2023, 6:01 pm)Busu284 It's following the 52 route from Freeman Hospital

It's a slightly different route from Weetslade to Cramlington mind as it's driving half way down the B1321 and joining Fern Drive half way down at March Road. 

Don't believe any bus has every gone down there before as far as I'm aware but it serves pretty much all of Dudley / Annitsford where people are.

It's mentioned in the Nexus document.