North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 05 Aug 2023

(04 Aug 2023, 8:04 pm)V514DFT Is that blue darker than normal?

I think it's just my phone.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - j986986 - 06 Aug 2023

Very surprised to see that Stagecoach are not doing anything about the 62 and 63 services to and from Killingworth. For ages now they have been suffering from extreme delays and quite a few cancellations. They also always end up following each other during the core sections of the route meaning that there is sometimes no buses for 15 minutes, when there is meant to be one every 7/8. You would think that they would either alter the timetable or the frequency especially as they have received many complaints about the two services…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - toward6931 - 06 Aug 2023

(06 Aug 2023, 6:33 pm)j986986 Very surprised to see that Stagecoach are not doing anything about the 62 and 63 services to and from Killingworth. For ages now they have been suffering from extreme delays and quite a few cancellations. They also always end up following each other during the core sections of the route meaning that there is sometimes no buses for 15 minutes, when there is meant to be one every 7/8. You would think that they would either alter the timetable or the frequency especially as they have received many complaints about the two services…

see years ago i heard rumors they were looking at trialing a service which covered the core route i think from west Denton shops turning circle,  (where the 11 I think it is starts) 

all the way through to four lane ends and it was meant to run 10-15 minutes ahead of the 62/63, I think it would have worked as the bulk of passengers apart from the throckley 62s tend to get on inbetween the west Denton and city center sections so a shorter length service running about 15 minutes ahead i think would have sorted a lot of problems,

i know that when the 71 runs ahead of the 62/63 a lot of the punters will jump on that instead, also for the barrack road section there tends to be alot of school kids who will jump on for literally the next one or two stops which bunches up the service massively

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 06 Aug 2023

(06 Aug 2023, 11:18 pm)toward6931 see years ago i heard rumors they were looking at trialing a service which covered the core route i think from west Denton shops turning circle,  (where the 11 I think it is starts) 

all the way through to four lane ends and it was meant to run 10-15 minutes ahead of the 62/63, I think it would have worked as the bulk of passengers apart from the throckley 62s tend to get on inbetween the west Denton and city center sections so a shorter length service running about 15 minutes ahead i think would have sorted a lot of problems,

i know that when the 71 runs ahead of the 62/63 a lot of the punters will jump on that instead, also for the barrack road section there tends to be alot of school kids who will jump on for literally the next one or two stops which bunches up the service massively

Yeah was supposed to be the 64, but it never came to light, the 62/63 is absolute dogshite now

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RedKite - 09 Aug 2023

Nexus have published 3 September timetables
https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/updates?open=t_timetable-updates

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 09 Aug 2023

What have they changed on the 18/A?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 7:31 pm)F114TML What have they changed on the 18/A?

Revised timetable: Monday - Friday 0709 trip from Gilley Law retimed to depart 12mins earlier at 0657.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 10 Aug 2023

(25 Jul 2023, 5:23 pm)Thomas12 It’s a bit concerning Stagecoach are taking on extra work when there is still work from Walkergate being consistently cancelled.

This is how the 39/40 was operating this afternoon, disgraceful.

And yes, I know Go North East still have cancellations. But the depot operating the new services is not impacted by these.

https://ibb.co/wh21TPD

The Denton Burn works finished today, so everything should be back to normal.

Driver shortage continues to be an issue, however a large number of drivers, including the "contingency" drivers such as myself, are being trained on the 37 and 38 changes.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 11 Aug 2023

PB0001987/322
New CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 66ADS (6ADS, 6DS) Stockton-on-Tees High Street North Darlington Town Hall

Start point: Stockton-on-Tees High Street North
Finish point: Darlington Town Hall
Via: Ingleby Barwick, Yarm, Eaglescliffe, Teesside Airport, Middleton St George
Date received: 10 Aug 2023
Effective date: 04 Sep 2023

---------

PB0001987/323
New CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 66ADH (6ADH, 6DH) Darlington Town Hall Darlington Town Hall or Tubwell Row
Start point: Darlington Town Hall
Finish point: Darlington Town Hall or Tubwell Row
Via Hurworth
Date received: 10 Aug 2023
Effective date: 04 Sep 2023

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Lollist - 11 Aug 2023

Stagecoach should just take over darlo

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 11 Aug 2023

(11 Aug 2023, 9:10 pm)Lollist Stagecoach should just take over darlo

Given they sold it to Arriva I think that’s unlikely

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 12 Aug 2023

(26 Jul 2023, 2:13 pm)j986986 Which route will the 37 take? Will it be Freeman Hospital to Cramlington via Killingworth?

Freeman Hospital - Freeman Road - Benton Park Road - Four Lane Ends - Benton Lane - Quorum Retail - Benton Lane - Westmoor - Great Lime Road - Southgate - Killingworth Bus Station - West Bailey - Station Road - Front Street - Burradon Road - Means Crescent - Weetslade Road - B1321 - March Road - Fern Drive - Dudley Lane - Manor Walks (NIS to roundabout at Newlyn Drive/EWLR)

West Road to former Findus factory is looking like it will be a popular passenger flow

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 12 Aug 2023

(12 Aug 2023, 11:27 am)omnicity4659 Freeman Hospital - Freeman Road - Benton Park Road - Four Lane Ends - Benton Lane - Quorum Retail - Benton Lane - Westmoor - Great Lime Road - Southgate - Killingworth Bus Station - West Bailey - Station Road - Front Street - Burradon Road - Means Crescent - Weetslade Road - B1321 - March Road - Fern Drive - Dudley Lane - Manor Walks (NIS to roundabout at Newlyn Drive/EWLR)

West Road to former Findus factory is looking like it will be a popular passenger flow

It'll be interesting mind if these have an impact on the 62 and 63 at the Killingworth side. The 62 and 63 are now a bit of a, why would you use these services, in Killingworth now ignoring freqency if living near the 37 route.

Longer to Newcastle than the X63
Longer to FLE / Quorum than the 37
Quicker to ???-  Byker? Not sure why anyone wants to go there though.

I get there's still flows to Killingworth from Longbenton and Forest Hall but not sure they need a bus every 15 minutes.

Potential maybe to up the 62 / 63 across Newcastle to every 10 minutes each and terminate 1 out of 2 at FLE with them being every 20 minutes or even less beyond there maybe? There's clearly issues in the core of the route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - toward6931 - 14 Aug 2023

(12 Aug 2023, 6:12 pm)Storx It'll be interesting mind if these have an impact on the 62 and 63 at the Killingworth side. The 62 and 63 are now a bit of a, why would you use these services, in Killingworth now ignoring freqency if living near the 37 route.

Longer to Newcastle than the X63
Longer to FLE / Quorum than the 37
Quicker to ???-  Byker? Not sure why anyone wants to go there though.

I get there's still flows to Killingworth from Longbenton and Forest Hall but not sure they need a bus every 15 minutes.

Potential maybe to up the 62 / 63 across Newcastle to every 10 minutes each and terminate 1 out of 2 at FLE with them being every 20 minutes or even less beyond there maybe? There's clearly issues in the core of the route.
yes, i agree with this, the problem is that, the core section of the route, i would say from central motorway, through town, byker, chillingham road is where the bulk of the delays occur

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 18 Aug 2023

(14 Aug 2023, 6:55 pm)toward6931 yes, i agree with this, the problem is that, the core section of the route, i would say from central motorway, through town, byker, chillingham road is where the bulk of the delays occur

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-18/08/2023-15:23:42:470

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 18 Aug 2023

(18 Aug 2023, 4:18 pm)Economic505 https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-18/08/2023-15:23:42:470

Can someone explain who SCNE are running a service into cramlington in northumberland with the help of NEXUS which unless im mistaken is to do with tyne and wear?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 18 Aug 2023

(18 Aug 2023, 4:37 pm)Rob44 Can someone explain who SCNE are running a service into cramlington in northumberland with the help of NEXUS which unless im mistaken is to do with tyne and wear?

It's not unusual for an authority to support services outside of their operating area and this situation isn't really unusual at all. Nexus already support evening services between Newcastle and Cramlington for example.

Durham CC support services into Hartlepool, being another example.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 18 Aug 2023

(18 Aug 2023, 4:37 pm)Rob44 Can someone explain who SCNE are running a service into cramlington in northumberland with the help of NEXUS which unless im mistaken is to do with tyne and wear?

It's to give Weetslade an evening / Sunday service. It's always been subsidised but used to be part of the Wallsend to Cramlington service instead (17, 81, 42 and that lot) but moved to the 52 when GNE binned it off a few year ago.

Not sure whether the 37 is commercial between the Freeman and Killingworth though.

https://www.travelnortheast.co.uk/downloads/bustimetables/gonortheast/gne17-17A.pdf - See it in the timetable there.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 18 Aug 2023

Sunderland changes now online:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-18/08/2023-17:02:56:116

----

South Shields: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-18/08/2023-19:00:13:435

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 19 Aug 2023

not to be pedantic and i do see what you both mean bus inst NEXUS funded by the councisl of the old tyne and wear. So people in northumberland when they pay there poll tax/council tax or whatever its called are not paying into it and yet are gaining from a survice paid for by ounters in another county? I know how people from sunderland must have felt when they had no metro service! Wink