North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 4:26 pm)V514DFT See now the 63 is going to Middle Callerton the 64 could now been restored in full and combined with the 62 and 63 every half an hour 62/63 Killingworth Bus Station- Southgate 30 mins each (15 combined) 63/64 Great Lime Road-West Denton, then they combine with the 62 Four Lane Ends-West Denton i theory providing the same frequency as now and the 62 between Southgate -Quorum- Longbenton, is that really an issue being every 30 mins when theres the 18/335/352/354/355 aswell it also would mean the 11 to Chapel House wouldnt be needed as the 64 used to run Forest Hall Shops- Chapel House

It's funny I was actually thinking of similar to that aswell but not sure, halfing the frequency would be too popular - even known it's probably more than enough to be fair.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 17 Sep 2023

(17 Sep 2023, 6:35 pm)Storx It's funny I was actually thinking of similar to that aswell but not sure, halfing the frequency would be too popular - even known it's probably more than enough to be fair.

The frequency could be more upto Four Lane Ends, or the Quorum in the case for the 62

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 18 Sep 2023

Stagecoach changes on bustimes.org

115-AM journey to operate up to 9 minutes earlier throughout for reliability. Short Notice Application

62/63-Service 63 revised to operate to the new Middle Callerton Development via Chapel Park. Extra resource added to Service 62/63 resulting in timing changes throughout

Operating between Killingworth and Throckley, North Walbottle or Middle Callerton given service number 62 / 63 / 62 effective from 29 October 2023. To amend Route and Timetable

71/72/72A/87-Route and timetable revised, Service 71 to operate hourly all day, daily, via Stamfordham Road and Jingling Gate to North Walbottle, returning via Chapel Park and Stamfordham Road, 72 to operate half-hourly Monday to Friday off-peak and Saturday daytimes, hourly Monday to Friday peak and evening and Sundays, via Hillhead Estate. One peak Service 72A introduced to cater for scholars. Service 87 minor timing changes

10/11-Service 11 extended to Chapel House, replacing Service 63 in this area. Minor timetable changes.Route revised to operate along full length of Claremont Road towards North Kenton

Others are just timetable changes

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 7:43 am)Busu284 Stagecoach changes on bustimes.org

115-AM journey to operate up to 9 minutes earlier throughout for reliability. Short Notice Application

62/63-Service 63 revised to operate to the new Middle Callerton Development via Chapel Park. Extra resource added to Service 62/63 resulting in timing changes throughout

Operating between Killingworth and Throckley, North Walbottle or Middle Callerton given service number 62 / 63 / 62 effective from 29 October 2023. To amend Route and Timetable

71/72/72A/87-Route and timetable revised, Service 71 to operate hourly all day, daily, via Stamfordham Road and Jingling Gate to North Walbottle, returning via Chapel Park and Stamfordham Road, 72 to operate half-hourly Monday to Friday off-peak and Saturday daytimes, hourly Monday to Friday peak and evening and Sundays, via Hillhead Estate. One peak Service 72A introduced to cater for scholars. Service 87 minor timing changes

10/11-Service 11 extended to Chapel House, replacing Service 63 in this area. Minor timetable changes.Route revised to operate along full length of Claremont Road towards North Kenton

Others are just timetable changes

I could be misinterpreting the wording but it appears X24&X34 could be receiving permanent Sunday services, as the Shoppers one doesn’t start as early as October, and the registration normally mentions the fact it’s only a Christmas run up thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 18 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 8:43 am)pbjd I could be misinterpreting the wording but it appears X24&X34 could be receiving permanent Sunday services, as the Shoppers one doesn’t start as early as October, and the registration normally mentions the fact it’s only a Christmas run up thing.

Wonder if the 63 extension, and these Sunday services are BSIP improvements rather than commercial. It's the same date as the Northumberland new 57A extension and X16 tenders start aswell and we haven't heard of anything from elsewhere yet, assuming they've all got a share of the pot.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Unber43 - 18 Sep 2023

Did Arriva win the X16?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 19 Sep 2023

(18 Sep 2023, 8:20 pm)Unber43 Did Arriva win the X16?

They've registered the service.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 22 Sep 2023

5th November:

PB0001987/21
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 58 (57, 57, 58) Stockton High Street Stockton High Street

PB0001987/20
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 59 (59) North Tees Hospital Middlesbrough Bus Station

PB0001987/221
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 35st (35) Stockton High Street Billingham High Grange

PB0001987/2
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 363738 (36, 37, 38) Middlesbrough Hartlepool/North Tees/ Norton Glebe

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 22 Sep 2023

(22 Sep 2023, 7:44 pm)Michael 5th November:

PB0001987/21
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 58 (57, 57, 58) Stockton High Street Stockton High Street

PB0001987/20
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 59 (59) North Tees Hospital Middlesbrough Bus Station

PB0001987/221
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 35st (35) Stockton High Street Billingham High Grange

PB0001987/2
Variation CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD 363738 (36, 37, 38) Middlesbrough Hartlepool/North Tees/ Norton Glebe

The 59 being extended to Middlesbrough is quite a bizzare change, can’t say I see the need for it other than at a push giving Tithe Barn and Elm Tree a bus further than the High Street.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 23 Sep 2023

(22 Sep 2023, 8:48 pm)pbjd The 59 being extended to Middlesbrough is quite a bizzare change, can’t say I see the need for it other than at a push giving Tithe Barn and Elm Tree a bus further than the High Street.

It’s a bizarre extension to service considering Stockton can’t cover what they run now. Can only assume the frequency is going to get slashed to provide the driver resources.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - col87 - 23 Sep 2023

(22 Sep 2023, 8:48 pm)pbjd The 59 being extended to Middlesbrough is quite a bizzare change, can’t say I see the need for it other than at a push giving Tithe Barn and Elm Tree a bus further than the High Street.

I think the question is going to be what route it takes into Middlesbrough. I think the road past McMillian college and goals is already well served by the 36/37/38 so makes no sense. Going via Acklem and Linthope will take quite a while to do so can’t see that route.  That leaves  either direct via A19 in which case a possibility of going into Teesdale and Teesside park or doubling back on itself and going along Portrack Lane.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 24 Sep 2023

(23 Sep 2023, 11:15 am)col87 I think the question is going to be what route it takes into Middlesbrough. I think the road past McMillian college and goals is already well served by the 36/37/38 so makes no sense. Going via Acklem and Linthope will take quite a while to do so can’t see that route.  That leaves  either direct via A19 in which case a possibility of going into Teesdale and Teesside park or doubling back on itself and going along Portrack Lane.

They could well be throwing more buses down the 'core’ past Macmillan maybe in an effort to cope with loadings as they do get very busy. If it stayed every 15 then that would provide 12 buses an hour or an average of one every 5 min. Not sure whether the stand in Middlesbrough could cope though!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 24 Sep 2023

(23 Sep 2023, 11:15 am)col87 I think the question is going to be what route it takes into Middlesbrough. I think the road past McMillian college and goals is already well served by the 36/37/38 so makes no sense. Going via Acklem and Linthope will take quite a while to do so can’t see that route.  That leaves  either direct via A19 in which case a possibility of going into Teesdale and Teesside park or doubling back on itself and going along Portrack Lane.

Teesside Park is a good shout. Lets be honest, Stockton High Street is desolate these days and I wouldn't be surprised if we see further service cuts in Stockton due to the reduced footfall.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Sep 2023

(15 Sep 2023, 3:08 pm)Michael 29th October 2023:

PB0002404/311
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD X24 (X24, X24A) Sunderland Newcastle

PB0002404/89
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD X34 (X34) Newcastle Pilgrim Street South Shields Horsley Hill

Sunday runs up until Christmas?

X24/X34 Sunday timetables on traveline

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 24 Sep 2023

(24 Sep 2023, 9:36 am)Michael X24/X34 Sunday timetables on traveline

Both to be interworking, presumably ran by Sunderland.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Sep 2023

(24 Sep 2023, 9:56 am)pbjd Both to be interworking, presumably ran by Sunderland.

Ye.

Hopefully this is a permanent Sunday service.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 24 Sep 2023

Still dont know why they haven't sent the X34 to South Shields Interchange, if they timed it right they could interwork it with the X20 (to Fellgate)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 24 Sep 2023

(24 Sep 2023, 4:01 pm)V514DFT Still dont know why they haven't sent the X34 to South Shields Interchange, if they timed it right they could interwork it with the X20 (to Fellgate)
In the words of Dan when I asked this a few months ago

"The 27 and metro provided enough capacity to South Shields so what would be the point".

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - deanmachine - 24 Sep 2023

(24 Sep 2023, 4:01 pm)V514DFT Still dont know why they haven't sent the X34 to South Shields Interchange, if they timed it right they could interwork it with the X20 (to Fellgate)

It's meant for people who don't have a metro connection to get to Newcastle, that's why it goes the way it does. I live at Harton Nook so it's my default way to go to Newcastle, there's no reason why I'd use it to go into the town centre.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pbjd - 24 Sep 2023

(24 Sep 2023, 4:19 pm)deanmachine It's meant for people who don't have a metro connection to get to Newcastle, that's why it goes the way it does. I live at Harton Nook so it's my default way to go to Newcastle, there's no reason why I'd use it to go into the town centre.

Having previously been a driver on the X34 rota, I think it simply wouldn’t work going to the interchange as no matter which way you send it someone is gonna lose out on what is currently a fairly quick bus to the town traffic dependant.