North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 21 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 12:30 pm)citaro5284 Can they not go into Sunderland then Metro to Heworth?

It annoys me that some people have nee idea what goes on behind the scenes to get things like this sorted but are often quick to criticise but hey ho, thats the way of the world I guess.

They could use the metro, its not very reliable though..........

I wasn't just criticizing GNE though?, i was just saying that sometimes bus companies put profits first....... Arriva is biggest example.... only time i mentioned GNE was when i said: Its good that GNE are expanding their services on boxing day and hopefully this increases every year.

We don't know how much goes on in the background but why can't people have a opinion the subject and have their say?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 21 Nov 2015

We are also very quick to judge he metro, automatically using the word 'unreliable' to describe it. The chances are, when they say that there is low rail adhesion, there is actually low rail adhesion and it isnt just an excuse.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 21 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm)Michael They could use the metro, its not very reliable though..........

I wasn't just criticizing GNE though?, i was just saying that sometimes bus companies put profits first....... Arriva is biggest example.... only time i mentioned GNE was when i said: Its good that GNE are expanding their services on boxing day and hopefully this increases every year.

We don't know how much goes on in the background but why can't people have a opinion the subject and have their say?

Surely if the Metro is not reliable that is not any bus companies fault, so why should they operate a service just in case the Metro breaks down?

I never mentioned GNE at all.....

Nothing stopping people having their say, however you assume it is all about profits - how do you know that, and simply you dont.  Boxing Day currently is staffed by volunteers, the more services you run, the more staff you need, and quite a large proportion of staff like to have the Christmas and New Year off with their families, so actually finding the staff to cover the work can sometimes be more tricker than you think.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 21 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 12:51 pm)citaro5284 Surely if the Metro is not reliable that is not any bus companies fault, so why should they operate a service just in case the Metro breaks down?

I never mentioned GNE at all.....

Nothing stopping people having their say, however you assume it is all about profits - how do you know that, and simply you dont.  Boxing Day currently is staffed by volunteers, the more services you run, the more staff you need, and quite a large proportion of staff like to have the Christmas and New Year off with their families, so actually finding the staff to cover the work can sometimes be more tricker than you think.

I'm not the only one who has mentioned about profits. 

In all honesty... why can't they have a better system.. where they have drivers working boxing day - and they change every year.

Example: 50 from Deptford work one year, the next 50 work the year after and so on...its not the best example.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 21 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 8:59 pm)mrnut85 Boxing Day services in Tyne and Wear are subsidised by Nexus as there is no economical viability in operating services on this day
That's not true. Most of Stagecoach's Newcastle services have been commercial for a couple of years!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 21 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 12:58 pm)Michael I'm not the only one who has mentioned about profits. 

In all honesty... why can't they have a better system.. where they have drivers working boxing day - and they change every year.

Example: 50 from Deptford work one year, the next 50 work the year after and so on...its not the best example.

Other service sector industries manage to get staff together on Boxing Day.
I reckon there will be a chunk of those taxi drivers, shop staff, stewards at the match and bar staff who are at work, but also have families.

It isn't nice working Boxing Day. Been there and done it.
However I knew I was working in a job that could have resulted in me going in.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 21 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 8:51 pm)DanPicken Or South Shields their only serving Biddick, Whiteleas and Jarrow and E2/6 leaving others busless relying on hourly 5 or half- Hourly 88. Feel sorry for anyone South of Sunderland/ Seaham left busless while other places have plenty.

Hourly 5?

Who is operating that on boxing day as I can't find it?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - JakeSavage - 21 Nov 2015

Stagecoach in sunderland's offer has also been operated fully commercially the last few years, as has Newcastle's (except for the 7).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 23 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 11:09 am)Michael Why?

Passenger demand! Not a high enough level of service.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 23 Nov 2015

There's plenty of demand. Newcastle buses are usually packed on Boxing Day!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 3:18 pm)markydh There's plenty of demand. Newcastle buses are usually packed on Boxing Day!

Sunderland's can get quite busy to. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the E2/E6 are operated by E400's on boxing day.

I think Stagecoach should of tried to put the X34 on to, even it only ran hourly - maybe 11am-4pm.... although it depends on driver numbers or if the service would make a profit.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 23 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 3:43 pm)Michael Sunderland's can get quite busy to. 

Wouldn't be surprised if the E2/E6 are operated by E400's on boxing day.

I think Stagecoach should of tired to put the X34 on to, even it only ran hourly - maybe 11am-4pm.... although it depends on driver numbers or if the service would make a profit.

Should have gone to sleep then  Tongue

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 4:57 pm)citaro5284 Should have gone to sleep then  Tongue

Tongue, don't worry i did, i fell a sleep while doing this bloody ethics form for uni!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 23 Nov 2015

The only way is ethics.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 24 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 8:51 pm)DanPicken Or South Shields their only serving Biddick, Whiteleas and Jarrow and E2/6 leaving others busless relying on hourly 5 or half- Hourly 88. Feel sorry for anyone South of Sunderland/ Seaham left busless while other places have plenty.

Go north east 60 serving full Seaham route Boxing Day not just harbour but now up to parkside

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 25 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 6:39 pm)Cock Robin The only way is ethics.

What on earth are you talking about?!?!?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 27 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 1:12 pm)Michael Stagecoach have started to put their Christmas info on the site:

Note its different on all the links for services - so here are the separate links for the area's: (No timetables for last buses on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve)

Hartlepool - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=7585
Teeside - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=7584
Newcastle - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=7583
Sunderland - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=7591
South Shields - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=7590

The timetables for last buses on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and the Boxing day services has been uploaded on to the above links.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 28 Nov 2015

20% off ny direct debit for smart card! Better than two days added? I think so.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 29 Nov 2015

Temporary westbound closure of St.Lukes Road, affecting Service 11

From Monday 30 November 2015, for a period of approximately 4 weeks, St.Lukes Road will be closed to westbound traffic to enable sewer construction.

Last Updated: 27 November 2015 11:27 AM

These works will prevent Service 11 buses from operating westbound along the section of St.Lukes Road between Front Road and Quarry View bus termini.

During the periods of the closures, westbound Service 11 buses will be diverted from Westmoor Road via Front Road and Fordfield Road to the Quarry View terminus.

The route of eastbound buses should be unaffected by this closure.

During these works, there will be occasions when traffic will be controlled by temporary lights, and this may cause some localised delays.

Notwithstanding our best efforts to keep your buses moving, Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these temporary works may cause.

Services Affected: 10, 11

Originally Posted: 27 November 2015 11:26 AM

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Dec 2015

Changes to Service X63 from Monday 11 January 2016
23 Dec 2015
Recently, increasing levels of traffic congestion have affected the punctuality and reliability of your Service X63 during Monday to Friday peak times.

Whilst the completion of major highways schemes will assist these difficulties in the longer term, we need to take action now to ease these problems, and to offer customers a more reliable service.

As a result, a number of Monday to Friday morning trips will run earlier, and the afternoon timetable is changed after 1500, with buses during this period running at 20 minute intervals.

Although there will be slightly fewer journeys operating, the remaining trips will be more reliable, with the timetable being more “robust” and better able to combat the increasing levels of traffic congestion.

New timetable: https://tiscon-maps-stagecoachbus.s3.amazonaws.com/Timetables/North%20East/Newcastle/NE_NewcastleX63Timetable2016JAN.pdf