North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - F114TML - 17 Jan 2024

(17 Jan 2024, 11:22 am)Storx The kids, mostly going to the college on Durham Road I guess, which I assume it the purpose for the long 18's(18A) still existing?

It gets a lot of St Aiden's kids too, as well as a fair few for Sandhill View and Hill View (Grangetown), also a few people who work at the industrial sites by the QA Bridge. It's not unusual for that morning 18A to be standing room only at points on a schoolday, particularly if it's a 39000 doing it.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 19 Jan 2024

(17 Jan 2024, 9:15 am)Storx It's a bit bizarre route, comes across as a route designed 50 year ago and never really changed with stuff changing around it.

It's changed a fair bit over the years to be fair.  Back in the day it used to be decker operated on a 20 min frequency in both directions (circular with 19) with an evening and Sunday service too.  The route has changed, particularly in Grindon/Springwell (oddly abandoning the bit of Springwell Road where it was the only service, now just unused shelters outside the health centre etc), and the cut of the Durham Road/Kayll Road bit, as well as the Town/Grangetown/Leechmere/Tunstall limb which went years ago.  Some of the changes happened way back when the old Service 6 was withdrawn and the 18/19 revised to replace it in part.  Others more recent.

(17 Jan 2024, 11:30 am)F114TML It gets a lot of St Aiden's kids too, as well as a fair few for Sandhill View and Hill View (Grangetown), also a few people who work at the industrial sites by the QA Bridge. It's not unusual for that morning 18A to be standing room only at points on a schoolday, particularly if it's a 39000 doing it.

The old Service 6 mentioned above used to carry crazy loads at peak school times and unless it was decker operated or duped (which did happen back then) would regularly leave loads standing so not surprised the 18A can still be heaving at that end of the route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 25 Jan 2024

I remember the old 6/7 which used to be a reliable place to find H-BNL Olympians until they were dispersed around Stagecoach NE in 2001/2002. Though the one or two that remained at Sunderland would still pop up now and again on the service. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/49868604651

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 25 Jan 2024

(19 Jan 2024, 1:50 am)stagecoachbusdepot It's changed a fair bit over the years to be fair.  Back in the day it used to be decker operated on a 20 min frequency in both directions (circular with 19) with an evening and Sunday service too.  The route has changed, particularly in Grindon/Springwell (oddly abandoning the bit of Springwell Road where it was the only service, now just unused shelters outside the health centre etc), and the cut of the Durham Road/Kayll Road bit, as well as the Town/Grangetown/Leechmere/Tunstall limb which went years ago.  Some of the changes happened way back when the old Service 6 was withdrawn and the 18/19 revised to replace it in part.  Others more recent.

Never knew it was as frequent as that, mind can remember the loop. It's a shame that the BSIP couldn't work with it and do something useful with it tbh. Sort of route which could be actually be useful if it was maybe adjusted to serve different areas like Springwell Road you mentioned, know the stops, you're talking about.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 25 Jan 2024

(25 Jan 2024, 3:32 pm)Storx Never knew it was as frequent as that, mind can remember the loop. It's a shame that the BSIP couldn't work with it and do something useful with it tbh. Sort of route which could be actually be useful if it was maybe adjusted to serve different areas like Springwell Road you mentioned, know the stops, you're talking about.

I remember when stagecoach cancelled the 18/19 on a Sunday, but there choosed to do it on the queens birthday weekend, so from that Saturday until Wednesday morning there was no 18/19 running (Sunday was date it was cancelled, Monday was a bank holiday, and it was a Sunday service on the Tuesday due to the queen birthday). The axe of the originally 18/19 was due to Stagecoach streamlining all there bus services to make bigger profit margins and forcing passengers to travel via city centre and transfer onto another service to get what there needed to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 25 Jan 2024

(25 Jan 2024, 5:30 pm)cbma06 I remember when stagecoach cancelled the 18/19 on a Sunday, but there choosed to do it on the queens birthday weekend, so from that Saturday until Wednesday morning there was no 18/19 running (Sunday was date it was cancelled, Monday was a bank holiday, and it was a Sunday service on the Tuesday due to the queen birthday). The axe of the originally 18/19 was due to Stagecoach streamlining all there bus services to make bigger profit margins and forcing passengers to travel via city centre and transfer onto another service to get what there needed to go.

Aye doesn't surprise me they done that, I heard the Stagecoach cuts at that time we're pretty disliked. Wasn't really following it but I know it got butchered apart, it's a shame really as not everyone can be bothered to go via Sunderland and stand around in Fawcett Street etc. They're not particularly the nicest places in the world, especially at night.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 25 Jan 2024

(25 Jan 2024, 8:16 pm)Storx Aye doesn't surprise me they done that, I heard the Stagecoach cuts at that time we're pretty disliked. Wasn't really following it but I know it got butchered apart, it's a shame really as not everyone can be bothered to go via Sunderland and stand around in Fawcett Street etc. They're not particularly the nicest places in the world, especially at night.

Back in the early 1980s, the 18/19 (118/119 83-86)forerunner was actually the 121/122 Tunstall Rd to Seaburn ; and the 118 Springwell Rd to Seaburn. The 121/122 ran every 10 mins combined.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 26 Jan 2024

(25 Jan 2024, 9:51 pm)Economic505 Back in the early 1980s, the 18/19 (118/119 83-86)forerunner was actually the 121/122 Tunstall Rd to Seaburn ; and the 118 Springwell Rd to Seaburn. The 121/122 ran every 10 mins combined.

Originally in the pte days the 121 ran with the 120 Prestbury Road to town , with the 121 extended from town to tunstall road/grangetown , but then pte decided to divert the 121 to Seaburn with the 122, leaving Prestbury Road to town as the 120 which eventually became the 20 in busways days, noticed on that attachment it has the 109 service which was replaced with the extension of service 537 from north side via A19.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 26 Jan 2024

Been told Stagecoach have the 900 between South Gosforth & Wallsend on the 10th & 11 February

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 26 Jan 2024

(26 Jan 2024, 1:07 pm)Aaron21 Been told Stagecoach have the 900 between South Gosforth & Wallsend on the 10th & 11 February

Is tomorrow JH?

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 26 Jan 2024

(26 Jan 2024, 1:07 pm)Aaron21 Been told Stagecoach have the 900 between South Gosforth & Wallsend on the 10th & 11 February

It is split between multiple operators - Go North East with the majority, and supported by Stagecoach, Arriva and L&G Coaches.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 26 Jan 2024

(26 Jan 2024, 1:52 pm)OrangeArrow49 Is tomorrow JH?

Yes

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 26 Jan 2024

(26 Jan 2024, 1:53 pm)Dan It is split between multiple operators - Go North East with the majority, and supported by Stagecoach, Arriva and L&G Coaches.

Between South Gosforth and Wallsend, for the whole route? So there will be Arriva buses in Wallsend? All day, or just different operators supporting Go North East at various times?

(26 Jan 2024, 1:58 pm)Aaron21 Yes

Thanks. Wasn't sure if JH or GNE were running it.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 09 Feb 2024

New 787 service from Newcastle to the Airport - no details on what route it will take

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/619824/

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm)Thomas12 New 787 service from Newcastle to the Airport - no details on what route it will take

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/619824/
Oooo interesting

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 09 Feb 2024

More changes have appeared from the same day:

PB0002404/8
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 3940 (40, 39) Chapel House or Dumpling Hall Wallsend or Walker

PB0002404/3
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 12n (12, 12) Two Ball Lonnen Walker or Wallsend

PB0002404/2
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 1011n (10, 11) Chapel House or West Denton Park North Kenton

PB0002404/4
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 22 (22, 22X) Cobalt Business Park Throckley

PB0002404/401
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HN (685) Newcastle Eldon Square Hexham Bus Station

PB0002404/7
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 373838A (38A, 38, 37) Whickham View Freeman Hospital, Forest Hall and Cramlington

PB0002404/402
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HH (685) Hexham Bus Station Haltwhistle Market Place

PB0002404/403
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685 (685) Haltwhistle Market Place Carlisle Bus Station

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 09 Feb 2024

(25 Jan 2024, 8:16 pm)Storx Aye doesn't surprise me they done that, I heard the Stagecoach cuts at that time we're pretty disliked. Wasn't really following it but I know it got butchered apart, it's a shame really as not everyone can be bothered to go via Sunderland and stand around in Fawcett Street etc. They're not particularly the nicest places in the world, especially at night.

I fawcett street where all the bus stops are with the wetherspoons to the south of it and the bridge at the north?  If so, after have a few in the spoons i was wafting for the E1/2/6 to shields and 2 cars, i think a Audi rs4 and a merc a45 were racing each other  round and round on that street.  Was better that F1 but could have done with some ballards.  No worse than market street in Newcastle like

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 7:05 pm)Rob44 I fawcett street where all the bus stops are with the wetherspoons to the south of it and the bridge at the north?  If so, after have a few in the spoons i was wafting for the E1/2/6 to shields and 2 cars, i think a Audi rs4 and a merc a45 were racing each other  round and round on that street.  Was better that F1 but could have done with some ballards.  No worse than market street in Newcastle like

Aye, that's the Northbound street, then it's John Street the next one across for Southbound buses which imo is ever worse. Lovely architecture round there mind, but that's as far as it goes.

It's rough as that Wetherspoon's aswell, Cooper Rose is by far the better out of the two Tongue

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Economic505 - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 4:38 pm)Aaron21 Oooo interesting

BSIP is proving to be interesting. Will get even more interesting once there’s a NE Combined Authority Mayor. Hopefully better than the Tees CA mayor. To be fair, Tyne and Wear has always been more progressive than Co Durham and Cleveland. I live in the Tees CA , from
Sunderland.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Malarkey - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm)Thomas12 New 787 service from Newcastle to the Airport - no details on what route it will take

I wonder if this has something to do the Peter Hogg dropping the 131 for the new X74 which from looking does not serve Newcastle Airport like the 131 did and is bypassing like the X78 does.

Looks like we are also seeing service cuts/re-registrations of services with lost links being propped up a with **New Service** which essentially duplicates what already, likelihood is this 787 will not last long and we will see the X74 or X78 serve Newcastle Airport which would be the better more cost effective option all round, I would also extend the X78 down to Central Station to provide connections from the Airport to Regional/National Rail Services.

Other alternatives I'd suggest would be extending the existing Stagecoach X87/X88 from Westerhope to Newcastle Airport via Callerton, this would provide those in Callerton a direct express bus service as currently they have a limited Go North East 74 Service, I'd have suggested extending the 63 however as we all know this service is long enough as it is in it's current formot.