North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MurdnunoC - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 10:24 pm)Malarkey I wonder if this has something to do the Peter Hogg dropping the 131 for the new X74 which from looking does not serve Newcastle Airport like the 131 did and is bypassing like the X78 does.

Don't understand why you'd think that considering the 131 only ran a couple times a day (if that) and wouldn't have been used by passengers travelling from, say, Cowgate to the Airport due to its infrequency.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 10:24 pm)Malarkey I wonder if this has something to do the Peter Hogg dropping the 131 for the new X74 which from looking does not serve Newcastle Airport like the 131 did and is bypassing like the X78 does.

Looks like we are also seeing service cuts/re-registrations of services with lost links being propped up a with **New Service** which essentially duplicates what already, likelihood is this 787 will not last long and we will see the X74 or X78 serve Newcastle Airport which would be the better more cost effective option all round, I would also extend the X78 down to Central Station to provide connections from the Airport to Regional/National Rail Services.

Other alternatives I'd suggest would be extending the existing Stagecoach X87/X88 from Westerhope to Newcastle Airport via Callerton, this would provide those in Callerton a direct express bus service as currently they have a limited Go North East 74 Service, I'd have suggested extending the 63 however as we all know this service is long enough as it is in it's current formot.

I have a feeling that more services will serve the area when the roads are complete. There's a new loop being build, what buses they'll be who knows though. The 71/72/87 would probably be the best though to get in there somehow.

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2019-01/callerton_masterplan_final_october_2016_web.pdf - Plans are in there, and it hasn't changed as far as I'm aware (note the 63 extension which happened).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 09 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 10:40 pm)Storx I have a feeling that more services will serve the area when the roads are complete. There's a new loop being build, what buses they'll be who knows though. The 71/72/87 would probably be the best though to get in there somehow.

https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2019-01/callerton_masterplan_final_october_2016_web.pdf - Plans are in there, and it hasn't changed as far as I'm aware (note the 63 extension which happened).

Hasn’t the 63 already been extended to Callerton? Or are you referring to something else?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MurdnunoC - 10 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 11:12 pm)Thomas12 Hasn’t the 63 already been extended to Callerton? Or are you referring to something else?
I believe Storx is referring to roads which may act as a thoroughfare once the development is completed. Although plans sometimes change as time goes passes and unforseen (usually costly) challenges are discovered, it appears a road will exist between the Newbiggin Hall/Bank Foot interchange of the A696 that will run through the northern parts of the development (Upper and Middle Callerton) ending at the new roundabout at the top of North Wallbote Road. As the development is quite expansive (for the North East anyway), I imagine, at the very least, the 63 will find probably its way towards Bank Foot and, perhaps, onto either Kingston Park or the Airport.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 10 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 11:12 pm)Thomas12 Hasn’t the 63 already been extended to Callerton? Or are you referring to something else?

Yeah there's 3 extensions planned on the plans:
  • East Middle Callerton, which is the 63 one
  • Lower Middle Callerton, which I assume will be the 62 or 71 or even both rather them turning around.
  • Callerton loop all around, which could be multiple services. It can only really realistically be the 71/87 or X87/X88 on an extented route, but it'll leave one end of the Newbiggin Hall scrapped, if they do the second.

That's the diagram there, light blue dotted lines are new routes. The 63 being the little loop one to the right of the East Middle Callerton label.

Mind you could split the X87/X88 loop here and extend it with potentially just one bus (shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes) and should deal with it, quite the potential to gain a few passengers from it. Who knows though, it's the most sensible one though without seriously reducing links.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Bazza - 10 Feb 2024

Looks like we are also seeing service cuts/re-registrations of services with lost links being propped up a with **New Service** which essentially duplicates what already, likelihood is this 787 will not last long and we will see the X74 or X78 serve Newcastle Airport which would be the better more cost effective option all round, I would also extend the X78 down to Central Station to provide connections from the Airport to Regional/National Rail Services.

Other alternatives I'd suggest would be extending the existing Stagecoach X87/X88 from Westerhope to Newcastle Airport via Callerton, this would provide those in Callerton a direct express bus service as currently they have a limited Go North East 74 Service, I'd have suggested extending the 63 however as we all know this service is long enough as it is in it's current formot.

I believe the 787 will be along the same lines at the 777 and could run through the night too

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 10 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 11:14 am)MurdnunoC I believe Storx is referring to roads which may act as a thoroughfare once the development is completed. Although plans sometimes change as time goes passes and unforseen (usually costly) challenges are discovered, it appears a road will exist between the Newbiggin Hall/Bank Foot interchange of the A696 that will run through the northern parts of the development (Upper and Middle Callerton) ending at the new roundabout at the top of North Wallbote Road. As the development is quite expansive (for the North East anyway), I imagine, at the very least, the 63 will find probably its way towards Bank Foot and, perhaps, onto either Kingston Park or the Airport.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

(10 Feb 2024, 11:19 am)Storx Yeah there's 3 extensions planned on the plans:
  • East Middle Callerton, which is the 63 one
  • Lower Middle Callerton, which I assume will be the 62 or 71 or even both rather them turning around.
  • Callerton loop all around, which could be multiple services. It can only really realistically be the 71/87 or X87/X88 on an extented route, but it'll leave one end of the Newbiggin Hall scrapped, if they do the second.

That's the diagram there, light blue dotted lines are new routes. The 63 being the little loop one to the right of the East Middle Callerton label.

Mind you could split the X87/X88 loop here and extend it with potentially just one bus (shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes) and should deal with it, quite the potential to gain a few passengers from it. Who knows though, it's the most sensible one though without seriously reducing links.

Ah okay that makes sense cheers, I didn't get a chance to look at the document so that's a useful summary.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 10 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 12:11 pm)Thomas12 Ah okay that makes sense cheers, I didn't get a chance to look at the document so that's a useful summary.

No worries, I came across it a few month back when looking for where on earth the 63 was going since, at the time, there wasn't a bus stop in the area.

That's the Newbiggin Hall side of the development plans btw in more detail - https://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/new-homes/newcastle-upon-tyne/upper-callerton

Quite a sizeable development as MurdunoC said, 1,6k homes, and that's only that quadrant, so probably in their interest to actually serve it.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 10 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 6:18 pm)Michael More changes have appeared from the same day:

PB0002404/8
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 3940 (40, 39) Chapel House or Dumpling Hall Wallsend or Walker

PB0002404/3
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 12n (12, 12) Two Ball Lonnen Walker or Wallsend

PB0002404/2
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 1011n (10, 11) Chapel House or West Denton Park North Kenton

PB0002404/4
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 22 (22, 22X) Cobalt Business Park Throckley

PB0002404/401
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HN (685) Newcastle Eldon Square Hexham Bus Station

PB0002404/7
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 373838A (38A, 38, 37) Whickham View Freeman Hospital, Forest Hall and Cramlington

PB0002404/402
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HH (685) Hexham Bus Station Haltwhistle Market Place

PB0002404/403
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685 (685) Haltwhistle Market Place Carlisle Bus Station

24th March by anychance?, the 37/38 would tie in with GNE and their changes to the Rocket Services

Also please no more mucking around with the 62/63, its going to be in the mud at this rate, ideally they need another service to work hand in hand with the 62/63

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 10 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 12:20 pm)Storx No worries, I came across it a few month back when looking for where on earth the 63 was going since, at the time, there wasn't a bus stop in the area.

That's the Newbiggin Hall side of the development plans btw in more detail - https://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/new-homes/newcastle-upon-tyne/upper-callerton

Quite a sizeable development as MurdunoC said, 1,6k homes, and that's only that quadrant, so probably in their interest to actually serve it.

I'm struggling to imagine an operator going and actually serving a housing development. 

Kudos to them.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 10 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 8:46 pm)Andreos1 I'm struggling to imagine an operator going and actually serving a housing development. 

Kudos to them.

Most operators do when S106 funding is available… we’ve seen a fair few examples of this over the last few years, across the region.

Afraid your kudos is slightly misplaced, Andreos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 10 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 8:48 pm)Dan Most operators do when S106 funding is available… we’ve seen a fair few examples of this over the last few years, across the region.

Afraid your kudos is slightly misplaced, Andreos.

You're saying there's as much commercial savviness at SNE Towers as there is elsewhere?

Mind blown Daniel. Mind blown.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rob44 - 11 Feb 2024

I'm sure people who by at 1/2 million pound house with double/triples drives for multiple cars first thought was to check if there was a bus to take them to work/town or even the hospital in there time of need!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DeltaMan - 11 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 9:33 pm)Andreos1 You're saying there's as much commercial savviness at SNE Towers as there is elsewhere?

Mind blown Daniel. Mind blown.

There clearly is as they've identified a way of serving the new estate and using S106 money to help build a service. Job done!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Coastliner700 - 11 Feb 2024

(10 Feb 2024, 3:34 pm)V514DFT 24th March by anychance?, the 37/38 would tie in with GNE and their changes to the Rocket Services

Also please no more mucking around with the 62/63, its going to be in the mud at this rate, ideally they need another service to work hand in hand with the 62/63

I was thinking the same of 37/38 maybe change of evening service as neither have been cancelled completely. Just seem to take something else off and then stick into 62/63 ? and don’t get me started when it’s single deck

(10 Feb 2024, 3:34 pm)V514DFT 24th March by anychance?, the 37/38 would tie in with GNE and their changes to the Rocket Services

I was thinking the same of 37/38 maybe change of evening service as neither have been cancelled completely. Just seem to take something else off and then stick into 62/63 ? and don’t get me started when it’s single deck

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Feb 2024

(09 Feb 2024, 6:18 pm)Michael More changes have appeared from the same day:

PB0002404/8
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 3940 (40, 39) Chapel House or Dumpling Hall Wallsend or Walker

PB0002404/3
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 12n (12, 12) Two Ball Lonnen Walker or Wallsend

PB0002404/2
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 1011n (10, 11) Chapel House or West Denton Park North Kenton

PB0002404/4
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 22 (22, 22X) Cobalt Business Park Throckley

PB0002404/401
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HN (685) Newcastle Eldon Square Hexham Bus Station

PB0002404/7
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 373838A (38A, 38, 37) Whickham View Freeman Hospital, Forest Hall and Cramlington

PB0002404/402
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685HH (685) Hexham Bus Station Haltwhistle Market Place

PB0002404/403
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 685 (685) Haltwhistle Market Place Carlisle Bus Station

https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002404

(09 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm)Thomas12 New 787 service from Newcastle to the Airport - no details on what route it will take

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/619824/

New Service, operating early morning daily.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 13 Feb 2024

(12 Feb 2024, 10:17 pm)Michael https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002404

New Service, operating early morning daily.

Would assume it’s going to be more or less direct from town operating when Metro doesn’t… ie 3am-6am

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 13 Feb 2024

(13 Feb 2024, 6:33 pm)tyresmoke Would assume it’s going to be more or less direct from town operating when Metro doesn’t… ie 3am-6am

Would there be much demand then?  What time do flights start?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachfan - 13 Feb 2024

(13 Feb 2024, 8:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Would there be much demand then?  What time do flights start?

Not just flights to consider, but also people who work at the airport

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 13 Feb 2024

(13 Feb 2024, 8:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Would there be much demand then?  What time do flights start?

Good idea on paper but there's a BIG flaw. No-one can get to Newcastle... and no-one lives there either...?

If you need to taxi to Newcastle, then why bother and there's no trains up here either.