North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 25 Feb 2024

787 by Stagecoach timetable is out. 3 trips to Newcastle and 4 to Airport

2.30/3.20/4.10/4.40am to Airport
3.25/3.55/4.45am to Newcastle

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 Feb 2024

(17 Feb 2024, 8:17 pm)RobinHood Stagecoach won a contract to service Riverside Park in Middlesbrough, that has been due to start for a while. Are you sure this isn't linked to that?

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/6ce13755-2672-43b0-9bf8-0b0a02137bd0?origin=SearchResults&p=1

They also won a contract to service Wynyard and link it to Hartlepool and Billingham etc, again, could be linked to that?

https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/33ecd896-845a-41ec-96e8-05c9c22cb1dd?origin=SearchResults&p=1

Both of these have appeared on the Cleveland Transit registration page on Bus Times this morning:

PB0001987/326 – bustimes.org
Monday to Saturday new daytime service
To: Middlesbrough Bus Station
Via: Middlesbrough College
Name or No.: RP1
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 April 2024
Other details: Monday to Saturday new daytime service

PB0001987/327 – bustimes.org
Monday to Saturday daytimes. New Service
To: Wynyard
Via:
Name or No.: X40 / X41
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 02 April 2024
Other details: Monday to Saturday daytimes. New Service

In addition, the 1/2 change has also appeared:
Minor changes to route and timetable . Extended to East Loftus and Skelton High Street following customer requests
Operating between Saltburn and Easington given service number 1 / 2 effective from 02 April 2024. To amend Route and Timetable.

As well as a change to the 59
Additional journeys during Monday to Friday school times
Operating between Middlesbrough Bus Station and North Tees Hospital given service number 59 effective from 02 April 2024. To amend Timetable.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 26 Feb 2024

I'm unsure on the route of the X40/X41 but from an outsider, surely it would've made more sense to extend the 35 which is clearly struggling as it is. The thing is basically on the doorstep.

More duplication for absolutely no benefit, especially when it's the same operator getting the money anyway.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 Feb 2024

(26 Feb 2024, 12:36 pm)Storx I'm unsure on the route of the X40/X41 but from an outsider, surely it would've made more sense to extend the 35 which is clearly struggling as it is. The thing is basically on the doorstep.

More duplication for absolutely no benefit, especially when it's the same operator getting the money anyway.

From what I understand from a official Stagecoach notice floating about, one will operate via Billingham and the other is direct via the A19.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 26 Feb 2024

(26 Feb 2024, 12:40 pm)Kuyoyo From what I understand from a official Stagecoach notice floating about, one will operate via Billingham and the other is direct via the A19.

Not sure if you know, is it just serving the business park part of it, or is it serving the estates aswell? Not that I'd expect many people there to ever touch a bus.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 26 Feb 2024

(26 Feb 2024, 12:46 pm)Storx Not sure if you know, is it just serving the business park part of it, or is it serving the estates aswell? Not that I'd expect many people there to ever touch a bus.

The tender spec required an hourly service to Wolviston village and all Wynyard estates with a service to Billingham and then one of Stockton or Middlesbrough.

I understand this will run to Stockton for the daytime portion. I’m going to assume the other service is going to be a direct bus to Middlesbrough at shift times - mostly Amazon, but GXO & other businesses were also named.

Journeys to Hartlepool were also required outside of times the 36 operated so this is why the 36a will presumably cover this part of it. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see some 36’s diverted in outside of these times too, to give capacity for Amazon staff at least.

As for the 59 the reg says extra journeys at school times, believe it will be a duplicate/extra for Macmillan Academy and funded from another service being cut to provide the bus. That may have changed and maybe it’ll come from the RP1 instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 27 Feb 2024

(26 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke The tender spec required an hourly service to Wolviston village and all Wynyard estates with a service to Billingham and then one of Stockton or Middlesbrough.

I understand this will run to Stockton for the daytime portion. I’m going to assume the other service is going to be a direct bus to Middlesbrough at shift times - mostly Amazon, but GXO & other businesses were also named.

Journeys to Hartlepool were also required outside of times the 36 operated so this is why the 36a will presumably cover this part of it. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see some 36’s diverted in outside of these times too, to give capacity for Amazon staff at least.

As for the 59 the reg says extra journeys at school times, believe it will be a duplicate/extra for Macmillan Academy and funded from another service being cut to provide the bus. That may have changed and maybe it’ll come from the RP1 instead?

Thanks for that, be interesting to see how it does as I don't really see Wynyard as the sort of place where people will touch a bus, especially one which goes to Stockton and Billingham which no offence to both places, I can't imagine people from Wynyard will exactly be rushing to go to.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 27 Feb 2024

(27 Feb 2024, 11:23 am)Storx Thanks for that, be interesting to see how it does as I don't really see Wynyard as the sort of place where people will touch a bus, especially one which goes to Stockton and Billingham which no offence to both places, I can't imagine people from Wynyard will exactly be rushing to go to.

Another example of TVCA wasting BSIP+ funding. Zero consultation but instead decided by whichever Cllr shouts the loudest.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - col87 - 27 Feb 2024

(27 Feb 2024, 5:58 pm)RobinHood Another example of TVCA wasting BSIP+ funding. Zero consultation but instead decided by whichever Cllr shouts the loudest.
Meanwhile Hartlepool once again gets nothing despite the need for a service to North Tees and a service between Headland and West View.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 28 Feb 2024

https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002404

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 29 Feb 2024

(27 Feb 2024, 5:58 pm)RobinHood Another example of TVCA wasting BSIP+ funding. Zero consultation but instead decided by whichever Cllr shouts the loudest.

Pretty much like, I'm not sure where people from Wynyard might want to go but it definitely isn't there.

(27 Feb 2024, 9:27 pm)col87 Meanwhile Hartlepool once again gets nothing despite the need for a service to North Tees and a service between Headland and West View.

No-one cares about Hartlepool Tongue. Never realised it was unserved along there mind, pretty poor. Then again the whole West side of Hartlepool has a pretty dire service really, especially around Park Road and West Park area with either an hourly service or nothing at all.

Good thing there's buses to his fantasy airport though.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 29 Feb 2024

(29 Feb 2024, 5:43 pm)Storx Pretty much like, I'm not sure where people from Wynyard might want to go but it definitely isn't there.

No-one cares about Hartlepool Tongue. Never realised it was unserved along there mind, pretty poor. Then again the whole West side of Hartlepool has a pretty dire service really, especially around Park Road and West Park area with either an hourly service or nothing at all.

Nobody in Wynyard has ever used a bus and never will. It’s a good idea for the staff from Amazon etc but the residents don’t even know what a bus is, never mind use one…

(29 Feb 2024, 7:58 pm)tyresmoke Nobody in Wynyard has ever used a bus and never will. It’s a good idea for the staff from Amazon etc but the residents don’t even know what a bus is, never mind use one…

No arguments there to be honest, totally agreed tbh. It's a shame there's not a destination further West they could go to make the service actually useful and have a destination at the Western end of the route than it effectively being a dead end but obviously that means they have to work with Transport North East and that isn't happening.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - col87 - 29 Feb 2024

(29 Feb 2024, 5:43 pm)Storx Pretty much like, I'm not sure where people from Wynyard might want to go but it definitely isn't there.

I know you were joking but the sad fact is you are correct the combined authority are happy to waste money on pointless services to the airport and seeing how far they can annoy Arriva and putting in services where millionaires live which will never be used but won’t provide money for routes in Hartlepool which could be useful.  Stagecoach don’t care some of the buses wouldn’t look out of place in a scrapyard but instead of investing they just dump more scrap here so we get a second rate bus service if the bus actually turns up and are expected to be grateful for it.

(29 Feb 2024, 8:47 pm)col87 I know you were joking but the sad fact is you are correct the combined authority are happy to waste money on pointless services to the airport and seeing how far they can annoy Arriva and putting in services where millionaires live which will never be used but won’t provide money for routes in Hartlepool which could be useful.  Stagecoach don’t care some of the buses wouldn’t look out of place in a scrapyard but instead of investing they just dump more scrap here so we get a second rate bus service if the bus actually turns up and are expected to be grateful for it.

I kind of was but wasn't. To be honest, transport in quite a few areas in Teesside completely sucks, like getting around Middlesbrough is non existent, literally every bus goes into the centre. I'm not saying there's a million people wanting to go from Ingleby Barwick / Thornaby to Hemlington / Coulby Newham but getting over the A19 is near impossible currently.

Mind got to give credit for the network which exists since it's pretty much all commercial since the councils down there fund next to nothing, ironic when they get some money they spunk it on rubbish.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - beefcake - 01 Mar 2024

(27 Feb 2024, 9:27 pm)col87 Meanwhile Hartlepool once again gets nothing despite the need for a service to North Tees and a service between Headland and West View.

For a journey that takes a few minutes in the car, the fact that there's been no direct service linking the Headland to West View, except the early morning 20 which runs once a day is shocking. You could easily add one bus into the 3/3A, run it straight down the A179 and West View Road and onto the Headland before returning the same way. Wouldn't add much more than 20 minutes onto the end of the journey

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 01 Mar 2024

Changes confirmed on VOSA:

PB0002404/388
Cancellation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 317 (317) Wallsend Whitley Bay

PB0002404/10
Variation BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD X77X78X79 (X78, X77, X79, X79) Eldon Square Bus Station Ponteland and Darras Hall

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 11 Mar 2024

35 change registered

New evening and Sunday journeys to operate, with all journeys operating via Jesmond, Osborne Road. Monday to Saturday daytime journeys also extended to Newcastle Central Station

553 in the morning will be renumbered to 653

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 15 Mar 2024

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-15/03/2024-15:19:06:997

North East changes

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Coastliner700 - 15 Mar 2024

(15 Mar 2024, 7:18 pm)Aaron21 https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-15/03/2024-15:19:06:997

North East changes

I’m not the grammar police but this is extremely badly written. Under 553 it calls it “The 553” and the 37/38 changes stop mid sentence.

The 685 from Denton burn at 0545 to Hexham I’m sure will attract a lot of people ? with an un guaranteed connection from the 22