North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 10:02 am)Andreos1 What about the 2?

They go different ways - the 12 follows the same route as the 33 while the 2/2A go via Ryhope.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 11:03 am)Kuyoyo They go different ways - the 12 follows the same route as the 33 while the 2/2A go via Ryhope.

Whilst I understand the 33 and 12 shadow each other and obviously the 2 operates between Silksworth and Sunderland City Centre - it gives passengers an alternative, despite the 2 not being in direct competition for places between those points.

Obviously ticketing options play a part too.
The Silksworth Saver being valid on both the 2 and 33 in addition to the Sunderland day/week ticket and the red zone (plus whatever other colour that can be added) ticket.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 13 Apr 2016

(12 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm)Michael PVRs if they drop to every 12 minutes: (Think it'll be right) also not incuding the likes of the 8/10/11/18/19 as they arent every 10 minutes.

I hope mrnut85 hasn't wasted your time, there, Michael.  Angel

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 11:46 am)Dan I hope mrnut85 hasn't wasted your time, there, Michael.  Angel

Well if i have, least we'll know for future referance in case they ever do! Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 13 Apr 2016

Id be very surprised if the main core routes 3/4/13/16 were dropped to every 12 minutes. I could understand the 12 but that does still get busy at times. Is it not something to do with allowing 2 way traffic on Bridge Street?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 13 Apr 2016

For Michael, Sunderland PVR will drop by 5, 1 from the 5 /5A and 4 from the 12. Hope this helps a bit Michael. Forget about the 12 minute frequency, it's not happening. A couple of interesting route changes are happening, one or two places being served that are not currently served but I can't say any more.

[quote pid='161284' dateline='1460363888']

Does this mean we will see the 5/5A and the 33 going down to docks until the Stagecoach changes come in to force?
[/quote]

Yes!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 3:54 pm)Deleted For Michael, Sunderland PVR will drop by 5, 1 from the 5 /5A and 4 from the 12. Hope this helps a bit Michael. Forget about the 12 minute frequency, it's not happening. A couple of interesting route changes are happening, one or two places being served that are not currently served but I can't say any more.

I thought the PVR was going to reduce by more vehicles than that - with the reduction spread across different services and not just the 12..? What about the 18/19? Wink

Note that the 12 hasn't been cancelled completely, but is linked to the registration of the 13.

(12 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm)Dan I don't think service 12 will be withdrawn completely - it is in a combined registration with services 3 and 13.

Its a historical registration that is still grouped together going back to the 12 to Mill Hill and the 13 to Hall Farm . The 12 as we know it now is a separate registration going back to when it started at the end of 2006.

(13 Apr 2016, 4:12 pm)Dan I thought the PVR was going to reduce by more vehicles than that - with the reduction spread across different services and not just the 12..? What about the 18/19? Wink

Note that the 12 hasn't been cancelled completely, but is linked to the registration of the 13.

Wonder what the 18/19 changes are?, as its only got Grindon to City Centre on the new one.

I can't see them not going to Seaburn etc anymore... Infact, the routes link most of Sunderland together.

(13 Apr 2016, 4:12 pm)Dan I thought the PVR was going to reduce by more vehicles than that - with the reduction spread across different services and not just the 12..? What about the 18/19? Wink

PVR reduction is just 5 and 12. 18/19 is a route change and timetable tweek, the route variation is over a new section and the old section will be covered by another route on a higher frequency than the section is covered by now.

They regerstrstion is not the current 12.

Disruption to Stagecoach services on Sunday 1 May 2016 - Sunderland Half Marathon and Sunderland 10K

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-13/04/2016-14:33:33:654

(13 Apr 2016, 4:23 pm)Deleted PVR reduction is just 5 and 12. 18/19 is a route change and timetable tweek, the route variation is over a new section and the old section will be covered by another route on a higher frequency than the section is covered by now.

As long as i can get from Springwell to the queen Alexandrea bridge on a morning, don't mind what the route change is haha.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 13 Apr 2016

I wonder if the route change on 18 and 19 that it will go via the docks between commercial road and John street/Fawcett street

(13 Apr 2016, 4:25 pm)Michael As long as i can get from Springwell to the queen Alexandrea bridge on a morning, don't mind what the route change is haha.

That will not be a problem lol.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - biglugs@yahoo.com - 13 Apr 2016

(13 Apr 2016, 4:23 pm)Deleted PVR reduction is just 5 and 12. 18/19 is a route change and timetable tweek, the route variation is over a new section and the old section will be covered by another route on a higher frequency than the section is covered by now.

So the 18 and 19 wont do the full route

(13 Apr 2016, 4:28 pm)Deleted That will not be a problem lol.

That's fine haha.

(13 Apr 2016, 4:28 pm)cbma06 I wonder if the route change on 18 and 19 that it will go via the docks between commercial road and John street/Fawcett street

No, even though GNE think they is money to be made around the Docks I can safely say they isn't unless you just want to count ENCTS passes

(13 Apr 2016, 4:29 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com So the 18 and 19 wont do the full route

Yes, the terminal points make no differance. 

City centre - Grindon - Seaburn - City Centre is the same as Grindon - City Centre - Seaburn - Grindon.

(13 Apr 2016, 4:33 pm)Deleted No, even though GNE think they is money to be made around the Docks I can safely say they isn't unless you just want to count ENCTS passes

It'll take 6 months and the 33 will be changed - this is depending on how often the 33 will serve the docks anyway, an hourly service could work.