North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 13 Apr 2016

Really hope it's toward Road!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 14 Apr 2016

Interesting times ahead, I think. I'm still fairly positive that there's more than meets the eye. Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 14 Apr 2016

[quote pid='161744' dateline='1460571155']
The benefit of Stagecoach doing so, could be felt across their network - particularly when two operators are needed to complete a journey currently.
[/quote]

You might be surprised how the Sunderland smart zone ticket is taking off. The all operater ticket is hitting Network Ticketing as you only need the £13.50 smart zone for inter operator use and not a network travel ticket, on the other hand this means Nexus get a smaller cut from NTL with no metro percentage included.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 14 Apr 2016

(26 Mar 2016, 7:36 pm)Kuyoyo And now, thanks to Connect Tees Valley, the 12 is reverting back to its original route in Coulby Newham, serving the stops at The Rainbow Centre in both directions (presently only served into Middlesbrough).

(14 Apr 2016, 9:30 am)Deleted [quote pid='161744' dateline='1460571155']
The benefit of Stagecoach doing so, could be felt across their network - particularly when two operators are needed to complete a journey currently.

You might be surprised how the Sunderland smart zone ticket is taking off. The all operater ticket is hitting Network Ticketing as you only need the £13.50 smart zone for inter operator use and not a network travel ticket, on the other hand this means Nexus get a smaller cut from NTL with no metro percentage included.
[/quote]

Not related to the thread but in reply to the above. Smart ticketing isn't benefiting all as suggested. I work in Metrocentre but love in South Shields so I have no choice but to purchase network travel ticket. Along with many others. 

Admin feel free to move post if necessary.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 14 Apr 2016

(14 Apr 2016, 9:30 am)Deleted You might be surprised how the Sunderland smart zone ticket is taking off. The all operater ticket is hitting Network Ticketing as you only need the £13.50 smart zone for inter operator use and not a network travel ticket, on the other hand this means Nexus get a smaller cut from NTL with no metro percentage included.

I am surprised.
However, the focus has to be on increasing Megarider usage over the Smart Zone ticket. Surely?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 14 Apr 2016

(14 Apr 2016, 11:47 am)Andreos1 I am surprised.
However, the focus has to be on increasing Megarider usage over the Smart Zone ticket. Surely?

Yes but Smart Zone is not aimed at customers that only use one operator it's aimed at people that use more. The only option they had was an NTL product at £19.30, now they have Smart Zone at £13.50. It's better for the operators as less slices of the pie. With Arriva taking the Northern Rail franchise Smart Zone will be pushed in Sunderland Travel Centre, somewhere that sells a huge amount of NTL products, it might already be available there, if I remember correctly is will be under GNE though and not Arriva.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 14 Apr 2016

When will these changes be announced by stagecoach

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 15 Apr 2016

Drivers talking about changes. There talking about the meeting on Sunday.

There talking about rumours they've heard including the 5 amd 12 running from town end Farm to Grangetown. 3 running to gilly law and Farringdon.

Sounds like there in the dark till then and its purely rumours until then!

Another one is that one service is going to hourly on an evening!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 10:21 am)idiot Drivers talking about changes. There talking about the meeting on Sunday.

There talking about rumours they've heard including the 5 amd 12 running from town end Farm to Grangetown. 3 running to gilly law and Farringdon.

Sounds like there in the dark till then and its purely rumours until then!

Another one is that one service is going to hourly on an evening!

Interesting, wonder what service will go hourly on an evening.. If of course its true.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 15 Apr 2016

Wouldn't be surprised to see the 13 diverted into Silksworth to replace the 12 and not serve Gilley Law or Farringdon, and see to the 3 loop around Gilley Law in its place.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 3:19 pm)Dans_bus_photos Wouldn't be surprised to see the 13 diverted into Silksworth to replace the 12 and not serve Gilley Law or Farringdon, and see to the 3 loop around Gilley Law in its place.

Think we're onto a winner here... Perhaps every other 3 and 13 diverted?

It seems to me like Stagecoach may have made a number of amendments based on Go North East's service changes planned for two weeks prior.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm)Dan Think we're onto a winner here... Perhaps every other 3 and 13 diverted?

It seems to me like Stagecoach may have made a number of amendments based on Go North East's service changes planned for two weeks prior.

Id have thought the 13 would follow the same route 33A on a 10 minute frequency, would be abit far to de-tour back to Gilley Law. If it was to do that it would rival Go North East's 35A on an evening and a sunday for people in Silksworth.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm)Dans_bus_photos Id have thought the 13 would follow the same route 33A on a 10 minute frequency, would be abit far to de-tour back to Gilley Law. If it was to do that it would rival Go North East's 35A on an evening and a sunday for people in Silksworth.

Is the market big enough for so many buses through to Vicarage Farm Estate? I don't think it is...

(15 Apr 2016, 4:06 pm)Dan Is the market big enough for so many buses through to Vicarage Farm Estate? I don't think it is...

Probably not but if the 12 is being withdrawn I'm assuming that another route will detour to pick up the passengers that usually got the 12. Did I hear somewhere that the 38 to Rainton Bridge was being withdrawn along with the 99? So there would be 2 routes less through Silksworth. To be honest I cant see the 33 staying on a 15 minute frequency either as its rarely busy compared to the 12.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 15 Apr 2016

But the 12 isn't being withdrawn...? I believe it was posted on here that the 12 is included within the 3 and 13 registration?

(15 Apr 2016, 4:21 pm)S813 FVK But the 12 isn't being withdrawn...? I believe it was posted on here that the 12 is included within the 3 and 13 registration?

Aparently that's an old registration from when the 12 served Doxford Park (I think it was) The current 12 Silksworth-City Centre registration has been cancelled on VOSA.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 4:13 pm)Dans_bus_photos Probably not but if the 12 is being withdrawn I'm assuming that another route will detour to pick up the passengers that usually got the 12. Did I hear somewhere that the 38 to Rainton Bridge was being withdrawn along with the 99? So there would be 2 routes less through Silksworth. To be honest I cant see the 33 staying on a 15 minute frequency either as its rarely busy compared to the 12.

Town end farm will lose 2 bus services, service 36 will be starting from Castletown and service 4 will be curtailed back to downhill , the 36 and 33 will jointly be a 15 minute service between town and silksworth

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - biglugs@yahoo.com - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 4:43 pm)cbma06 Town end farm will lose 2 bus services, service 36 will be starting from Castletown and service 4 will be curtailed back to downhill , the 36 and 33 will jointly be a 15 minute service between town and silksworth

Isnt the 12 extending to town end farm

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Isnt the 12 extending to town end farm

12 will be withdrawn, 13 will be replacing service 12.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 15 Apr 2016

(15 Apr 2016, 5:01 pm)cbma06 12 will be withdrawn, 13 will be replacing service 12.

Do you know what the changes to the 23 are?, as it has a route and timetable change also... just its my local service.