North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 8:50 pm)Acky81 They should be giving passengers advanced warning

Don't the changes not start until June. It's still only April. Changes will be announced and on the website in plenty time. Just have patience please.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 20 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 9:01 pm)ifm001 Don't the changes not start until June. It's still only April. Changes will be announced and on the website in plenty time. Just have patience please.

Ye 5th June, should be on in the next few weeks.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 21 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm)idiot Your right there. Disgrace when companies hold back information like this when they know changes are coming.

I wouldn't say it's a disgrace at all - Go North East's service changes in the area come in two weeks prior, and these have yet to be announced too.

It actually causes quite a great deal of customer confusion when service changes are announced too early, as people seem to think the commencement date of these changes is now, as opposed to two months time. I'd suggest that four weeks notice is completely sufficient - this allows people to review the timetables and make alternative travel arrangements if this is necessary.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 5:17 am)Dan I wouldn't say it's a disgrace at all - Go North East's service changes in the area come in two weeks prior, and these have yet to be announced too.

It actually causes quite a great deal of customer confusion when service changes are announced too early, as people seem to think the commencement date of these changes is now, as opposed to two months time. I'd suggest that four weeks notice is completely sufficient - this allows people to review the timetables and make alternative travel arrangements if this is necessary.

So going by the four weeks notice, GNE should be post their set of changes tomorrow, as it'll be a month until changes.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 6:21 am)Michael So going by the four weeks notice, GNE should be post their set of changes tomorrow, as it'll be a month until changes.

No idea what Go North East's arrangements are for announcing service changes - it's just my personal opinion that four weeks notice is sufficient, regardless of the operator.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 6:25 am)Dan No idea what Go North East's arrangements are for announcing service changes - it's just my personal opinion that four weeks notice is sufficient, regardless of the operator.

Ye, was just suggesting, if GNE did do 4 weeks notice, it would be tomorrow, should of been more clearer, hopefully it is a months notice especially with the amount of changes rumoured to be happening in the Sunderland area. Tongue

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 21 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 10:34 am)Kuyoyo Indeed, I would take a gamble that it will end up being 2 MANViros and the 4 MAN ALXs leaving as well as 34605. Not doubt in my mind that the two MANViros don't end up making their way to Hartlepool to replace the remaining pair of 2004 Darts on the official allocation. As for where 22079-82 end up is anyone guess

It's 6 going, I read it as 7 one 39, 34605 and the 4 22s all the man's are going to Slatyford.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 21 Apr 2016

If it's major changes more time should be given. People's travelling patterns could completely change, especially if most routes are going to 12 minutes.

(20 Apr 2016, 8:26 pm)Acky81 So has anymore changes been announced? Any drivers got any info?
Where's the new 12 route going
Is the 3 really going back to gilley law
Any changes to the 4?
What service will ryhope if it's true???

Im only going to answer the last question. No services are going to ryhope

(21 Apr 2016, 8:25 am)idiot If it's major changes more time should be given. People's travelling patterns could completely change, especially if most routes are going to 12 minutes.

It's been found in the past that even simple changes cause confusion.

You could pay VOSA the £3 they request for copies of the registered timetable but if your not near Leeds tey will only do it by post so by the time you get it the changes have been announced by the company.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 21 Apr 2016

I've been told that the 18/19 via toward road, villette road, Stockton road and the 11 via Hendon road then upto villette road then normal route to grangetown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 21 Apr 2016

(20 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm)idiot Your right there. Disgrace when companies hold back information like this when they know changes are coming.

Connect Tees Valley are as bad. Worse in fact, as the changes sometimes go on after they've come in!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 21 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 5:17 am)Dan I wouldn't say it's a disgrace at all - Go North East's service changes in the area come in two weeks prior, and these have yet to be announced too.

Don't agree at all. The more notice the better if you need to make alternative arrangements.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 22 Apr 2016

(21 Apr 2016, 10:25 am)cbma06 I've been told that the 18/19 via toward road, villette road, Stockton road and the 11 via Hendon road then upto villette road then normal route to grangetown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And via pennywell but missing South Bents and Morrison's so turning at Seaburn hotel.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 22 Apr 2016

(22 Apr 2016, 5:02 pm)Deleted And via pennywell but missing South Bents and Morrison's so turning at Seaburn hotel.

That's random, so what will the full route be then?, as i use the 18 twice a week to work.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 22 Apr 2016

(22 Apr 2016, 5:26 pm)Michael That's random, so what will the full route be then?, as i use the 18 twice a week to work.

You will need to get on at springwell shops then via thorney close, Grindon, Grindon Lane , pennywell road hylton road, pallion and back to normal to Seaburn hotel then rokrr baths road, new fulwell road and normal route to John Street.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 22 Apr 2016

(22 Apr 2016, 5:52 pm)Deleted You will need to get on at springwell shops then via thorney close, Grindon, Grindon Lane , pennywell road hylton road, pallion and back to normal to Seaburn hotel then rokrr baths road, new fulwell road and normal route to John Street.

....... what a bloody clart on, not happy at all, if it happens although i could walk to Grindon Lane for the bus... which part will it serve... the Grindon Mill part of Grindon Lane or The current part of Grindon lane leading on to Somerset road. 

Why can't they just keep the same routes although i have said previously, they need to change the 18 and 19 badly... but not this like this! Tongue

So basically Barnes park will have no 18/19 or the 99 from 22nd May and 5th June............... all which are important links to the Hylton Retail Park (outskirts for the 18/19 but still).

I'm still confused at these new 18/19 routes though...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 22 Apr 2016

Is there a new MD at the wheatsheaf or something, as usually a lot of changes occur when a new person steps in

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 22 Apr 2016

(22 Apr 2016, 6:02 pm)Michael ....... what a bloody clart on, not happy at all, if it happens although i could walk to Grindon Lane for the bus... which part will it serve... the Grindon Mill part of Grindon Lane or The current part of Grindon lane leading on to Somerset road. 

Why can't they just keep the same routes although i have said previously, they need to change the 18 and 19 badly... but not this like this! Tongue

So basically Barnes park will have no 18/19 or the 99 from 22nd May and 5th June............... all which are important links to the Hylton Retail Park (outskirts for the 18/19 but still).

I'm still confused at these new 18/19 routes though...

GNE 35/36 from Barnes Park to Hylton Retail Park.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 22 Apr 2016

(22 Apr 2016, 6:11 pm)Dan GNE 35/36 from Barnes Park to Hylton Retail Park.
service 36 will be going up to silksworth straight from the town, service 35 will still be going via hospital and barnes park.

3 is going to gilley law and farringdon every other bus so every 10 from hylton castle and every 20 from farringdon or gilley law but all number 3s. Eve and Sunday Is via gilley law on way to farringdon