North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 29 Apr 2016

The first timetable I looked at was the 18/19 timetable and there's already a mistake in the listing of the route, it says service 18 gleneagles road, grindon lane, Somerset road, pennywell road.

Also says Somerset road for service 19 aswell, I think it's supposed to say Chester road instead of Somerset road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Arcticrossy92 - 29 Apr 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 4:49 pm)South Tyne Lad There's no set route between the Metrocentre and Blackett Street as there's no stops I between them I believe, Look at how some drivers use Handy Drive while some go onto the A1.
The other way is a bit more set than the other way, As it involves stopping at Pilgrim Street and Central Station.

I believe they are going this way to avoid the temporary traffic lights when you come off the bridge, at the moment I believe most of the drivers are turning left off the bridge, rather than straight forward. Following along towards the 02 academy and up that way.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 03 May 2016

Temporary works on Fawcett Street, affecting Services 3, 4, 12, 13, 16, 23, E1, E2, E6 from Tuesday 31 May 2016

Roadworks are required on Fawcett Street near its junction with High Street West to enable the highway to be remodelled.

In order to minimise the impact of the disruption from these works, a number of evening/ overnight services through this area will be diverted.

The diversions are planned to commence from Tuesday 31 May 2016, and be in place for around 4 nights, between 1900 and 0700.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-03/05/2016-13:18:24:588

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 03 May 2016

Temporary works along Holmeside, affecting all Sunderland services from Tuesday 31 May 2016 for around 12 weeks

Roadworks are required along Holmeside in Sunderland City Centre to enable the highway to be remodelled. In order to minimise the impact of the disruption from these works, eastbound services through this area will be diverted.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-03/05/2016-13:09:12:644

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - James101 - 03 May 2016

(21 Mar 2016, 2:21 pm)Michael PB0001987/284 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Bishop Cuthbert and South Fens given service number 3 effective from 15-May-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Does anybody know what this is/was for?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - beefcake - 03 May 2016

The only thing I can think it is will it being sent back down Chatham Road as it looks like all the building work is done in the area. Could be wrong though

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - James101 - 03 May 2016

(03 May 2016, 8:41 pm)beefcake The only thing I can think it is will it being sent back down Chatham Road as it looks like all the building work is done in the area. Could be wrong though

Oh what's been its diversionary route?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - beefcake - 03 May 2016

It moved one street across to use Challoner Road, using Chatham Roads timing points whilst the building work was done. That change happened back in 2013 though

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 04 May 2016

I think its a (very) late change onto the diversion route.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 09 May 2016

PB0002404/2 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ

Variation Accepted: Operating between West Denton or West Denton Park and North Kenton given service number 10/11 effective from 03-Jul-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 09 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 10:59 am)Jimmi PB0002404/2 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ

Variation Accepted: Operating between West Denton or West Denton Park and North Kenton given service number 10/11 effective from 03-Jul-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

Very interested in this...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 09 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 7:36 pm)NK53 TKT Very interested in this...

Wonder if all the Newcastle services are changing like the Sunderland ones?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 09 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 7:45 pm)Tom Wonder if all the Newcastle services are changing like the Sunderland ones?

I was thinking the same Tom.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 10 May 2016

Durham Road closure - diversion for the 58/58A

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-10/05/2016-09:52:33:839

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 10 May 2016

(09 May 2016, 7:45 pm)Tom Wonder if all the Newcastle services are changing like the Sunderland ones?

Remember the situation at Sunderland isn't just about changing services, it's all about cost saving. These changes should see in the region of a £500k saving a year. Teesside will make good savings when they lose the Macmillan contract. Not a lot you can save with hartleepool, Newcastle and South Shields will get there turn.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 10 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 3:08 pm)Deleted Remember the situation at Sunderland isn't just about changing services, it's all about cost saving. These changes should see in the region of a £500k saving a year. Teesside will make good savings when they lose the Macmillan contract. Not a lot you can save with hartleepool, Newcastle and South Shields will get there turn.

How will Teesside make good savings? Presumably they were making a profit out of running the Macmillan buses or they wouldn't have run them at that price.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 10 May 2016

(10 May 2016, 3:30 pm)Cock Robin How will Teesside make good savings? Presumably they were making a profit out of running the Macmillan buses or they wouldn't have run them at that price.

The contract will have covered it's operating costs with a small profit margin. The maintenance of the vehicles is grouped into the depot engineering budget. Savings will be made here, savings will be made from driver pensions and holiday pay ect. Just a basic example of Where savings will come from.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - AIG20 - 14 May 2016

Changes to bus services in Sunderland from Sunday 5 June 2016 = Stagecoach Bus

I wonder whether there will be any changes to the "E" services in the future?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 4:10 pm)AIG20 Changes to bus services in Sunderland from Sunday 5 June 2016 = Stagecoach Bus

I've heard a couple of things but nothing has been confirmed yet.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 14 May 2016

(14 May 2016, 4:10 pm)AIG20 Changes to bus services in Sunderland from Sunday 5 June 2016 = Stagecoach Bus

Well as 'Deleted' has quoted "Newcastle and South Shields will get their turn" and 'Deleted' appears to be a more reliable source, I would imagine E services will be included in any changes that arise out of South Shields to save costs.