North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 16 May 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 4:16 pm)Michael Full details for the upcoming Sunderland services is now on the Stagecoach site:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/04/2016-17:04:45:275

Edit: No new timetables currently online

Changes are now on the buses along with leaflets.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 18 May 2016

(16 May 2016, 9:50 am)Michael Changes are now on the buses along with leaflets.

None in nexus shop Michael

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 18 May 2016

(18 May 2016, 11:37 am)Acky81 None in nexus shop Michael

The leaflet changes are on the stagecoach buses in Sunderland, but not in the nexus travel shop at interchange, the new timetables won't be circulated yet.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 May 2016

The end is nigh
PB0001987/268 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Mitchell Avenue and MacMillan Academy given service number 200 effective from 24-Jul-2016.
PB0001987/269 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Trimdon Avenue Baldoon Sands and MacMillan Academy given service number 201 effective from 24-Jul-2016.
PB0001987/272 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Hemlington Shopping Centre and MacMillan Academy given service number 202 effective from 24-Jul-2016.
PB0001987/273 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Easterside Pensby Avenue and MacMillan Academy given service number 203 effective from 24-Jul-2016.
PB0001987/274 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Park End Royston Road and MacMillan Academy given service number 204 effective from 24-Jul-2016.
PB0001987/275 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between South Bank and MacMillan Academy given service number 205 effective from 24-Jul-2016.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 27 May 2016

PB0001987/17 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough Bus Station and Acklam Baldoon Sands given service number 14 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0001987/297 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Park End and Middlesbrough Bus Station given service number 39 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 28 May 2016

(27 May 2016, 2:45 pm)NK53 TKT PB0001987/17 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Middlesbrough Bus Station and Acklam Baldoon Sands given service number 14 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.
PB0001987/297 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Park End and Middlesbrough Bus Station given service number 39 effective from 24-Jul-2016. To amend Timetable.

Probably putting extra buses on to carry the Mcmillan kids!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 28 May 2016

(28 May 2016, 12:30 pm)Cock Robin Probably putting extra buses on to carry the Mcmillan kids!

14 will be dropping the Trimdon Avenue Shops to West Lane duplicate (which is no longer needed anyway) which runs off the 202.
39 will be in someway linked to the extra fifth bus during the week currently being a decker off schools which will need a working revision before September.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 31 May 2016

I personally think the changes to service 3 in Sunderland will cause so much confusion.
Farringdon 3 should be numbered 3F
Gilley law 3 should be numbered 3G
Or simply 2 and 3 as it was pre 2005.

Think all the changes look interesting.
4 back in Farringdon after 11 years will catch people out

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 04 Jun 2016

(29 Apr 2016, 4:16 pm)Michael Full details for the upcoming Sunderland services is now on the Stagecoach site:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/04/2016-17:04:45:275

A reminder that these changes commence from tomorrow, its going to be a fun few weeks for passengers to get used of the changes along with the drivers...

(31 May 2016, 4:56 pm)Acky81 I personally think the changes to service 3 in Sunderland will cause so much confusion.
Farringdon 3 should be numbered 3F
Gilley law 3 should be numbered 3G
Or simply 2 and 3 as it was pre 2005.

Think all the changes look interesting.
4 back in Farringdon after 11 years will catch people out

I agree with them renumbering the 3 as, 2 and 3, it would be easier...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 04 Jun 2016

Yeah and helps if drivers know where the buses will go. Getting a different story from most drivers. However the outcome is that I'm losing a link to my lock up and now have a 5 mins walk from a bus stop.

As for South Bents well it's tight for a bus to get round at times but to cut them off is a disgrace. Mainly older people there and will struggle to walk to the coast road!

All it needed was more time in the timetable for the current 18 and 19 to work... But yet again profits before customers...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 11:59 am)idiot Yeah and helps if drivers know where the buses will go. Getting a different story from most drivers. However the outcome is that I'm losing a link to my lock up and now have a 5 mins walk from a bus stop.

As for South Bents well it's tight for a bus to get round at times but to cut them off is a disgrace. Mainly older people there and will struggle to walk to the coast road!

All it needed was more time in the timetable for the current 18 and 19 to work... But yet again profits before customers...
You think that service even breaks even??? You would be shocked.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 5:24 pm)Deleted You think that service even breaks even??? You would be shocked.

I'm surprised that the 18/19 haven't been reduced to an hourly service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - biglugs@yahoo.com - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 11:59 am)idiot Yeah and helps if drivers know where the buses will go. Getting a different story from most drivers. However the outcome is that I'm losing a link to my lock up and now have a 5 mins walk from a bus stop.

The 558 could of served south bents

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Crusader - 04 Jun 2016

But more time would mean an extra bus, costing £100k+ a year. i would guess the 18/19 struggles to cover its costs as it is without adding extra costs which would make the whole service completely unsustainable. At least this way the majority of the route continues to be served, hopefully in a more sustainable way

As for South Bents, I'm sure Stagecoach will have told Nexus how many passengers travel from there. Nexus could have easily served it by diverting the 558, so no extra cost to the taxpayer, but have chosen not to which suggests Stagecoach's decision is correct and is hardly a disgrace

(04 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm)cbma06 I'm surprised that the 18/19 haven't been reduced to an hourly service.

Same.

(04 Jun 2016, 5:26 pm)cbma06 I'm surprised that the 18/19 haven't been reduced to an hourly service.

You would still need 4 buses to cover the PVR 
Wouldn't even be considered halfing a frequency if you aren't halfing the cost

One thing I've never seen any comments on is how pennywell will lose its cross links between service 10 and 11 on a Sunday withe the increase in pvr from 4 to 5 so buses will operate into and out of pennywell as the same service

(04 Jun 2016, 11:20 am)Michael I agree with them renumbering the 3 as, 2 and 3, it would be easier...

You would need 3 numbers as they is 3 variation's of the route.

(04 Jun 2016, 10:39 pm)Deleted You would need 3 numbers as they is 3 variation's of the route.

Oh aye.

3/3A - throughout the day time of Monday and Saturday

3B - Evening and Sunday...

Edit: - Had Monday - Tuesday instead of Monday and Saturday hahaha