North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 04 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 10:50 pm)Michael Oh aye.

3/3A - throughout the day time of Monday and Tuesday

3B - Evening and Sunday...

Or 1, 2, 3

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 05 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 11:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Or 1, 2, 3

It's been awhile since there was a service 1 (Sunderland busways days)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 05 Jun 2016

(04 Jun 2016, 11:59 am)idiot All it needed was more time in the timetable for the current 18 and 19 to work... But yet again profits before customers...

So an extra bus or two at around £80,000 each a year would help a huge loss making servie?? Stagecoach have taken a massive hit on these services for a lot of years so saying profits before customers is a bit idiotic really.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - citaro5284 - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 12:30 pm)Deleted So an extra bus or two at around £80,000 each a year would help a huge loss making service?? Stagecoach have taken a massive hit on these services for a lot of years so saying profits before customers is a bit idiotic really.

Oh aye, will make a big difference.  It will make the service make even more losses  Tongue

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 12:23 pm)cbma06 It's been awhile since there was a service 1 (Sunderland busways days)

Think it was even longer ago than that - don't recall any Sunderland Busways service 1, though I know in corporation days there was a 1 which partly became the 101 - but it was long gone by '86 I think?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MurdnunoC - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Think it was even longer ago than that - don't recall any Sunderland Busways service 1, though I know in corporation days there was a 1 which partly became the 101 - but it was long gone by '86 I think?

I don't think there's been a service numbered '1' in the days post de-regulation. 

The '101' of which you speak operated by between CBS and Grangetown and was withdrawn sometime between May 1983 and May 1984.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DunsBus - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 6:17 pm)MurdnunoC I don't think there's been a service numbered '1' in the days post de-regulation. 

The '101' of which you speak operated by between CBS and Grangetown and was withdrawn sometime between May 1983 and May 1984.

IIRC it went as part of the October 1983 service changes.

(05 Jun 2016, 6:12 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Think it was even longer ago than that - don't recall any Sunderland Busways service 1, though I know in corporation days there was a 1 which partly became the 101 - but it was long gone by '86 I think?

There was a Sunderland busways service 1, didn't last long though. The younger generation wouldn't remember it, and it wouldn't of been in the TWPTE guides neither, and the timetable for service 1 wasn't in the busways yellow format timetable. It was in a single sheet of paper.

(05 Jun 2016, 6:30 pm)DunsBus IIRC it went as part of the October 1983 service changes.

Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately, I only have timetable booklets which the Tyne and Wear PTE produced yearly. I don't have the supplements  so it's often difficult to pinpoint an exact date (or month).

(05 Jun 2016, 6:17 pm)MurdnunoC I don't think there's been a service numbered '1' in the days post de-regulation. 

Service 101 was withdrawn and replaced on toward road with new service 139/140.

Same time service X14 was withdrawn and replaced with new service 139/140 with using the same route of old service X14 between moorside and Sunderland bus station.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm)cbma06 There was a Sunderland busways service 1, didn't last long though. The younger generation wouldn't remember it, and it wouldn't of been in the TWPTE guides neither, and the timetable for service 1 wasn't in the busways yellow format timetable. It was in a single sheet of paper.

Interesting - do you know where it went?  Or even better a copy of the timetable?

(05 Jun 2016, 6:33 pm)cbma06 There was a Sunderland busways service 1, didn't last long though. The younger generation wouldn't remember it, and it wouldn't of been in the TWPTE guides neither, and the timetable for service 1 wasn't in the busways yellow format timetable. It was in a single sheet of paper.

It must have been extremely short-lived for it not to appear in any of the TWPTE guides given, after de-reg, some of them were updated three times a year.

(05 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm)cbma06 Service 101 was withdrawn and replaced on toward road with new service 139/140.

Same time service X14 was withdrawn and replaced with new service 139/140 with using the same route of old service X14 between moorside and Sunderland bus station.

I think the 10 (or 110) must have replaced it at some point too. 

The route went (from Toward Road) via Villette Road, Ryhope Road, The Cedars, Ashbroke Range, Queen Alexandra Road, Sea View Road West, Hill View Road, Hereford Road, Westheath Avenue, Woodstock Avenue and Leechmere Road.

That seems similar to the route the 10 operates (or operated) now.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 6:37 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Interesting - do you know where it went?  Or even better a copy of the timetable?

Don't have the timetable for it.

maybe some of the older drivers at wheatsheaf depot might remember the service.

It was a weekend service between Sunderland and Seaburn ran by the sunderland busways open topper.

the seasonal service 22 was the original service, ran by Sunderlands open topper and South Shields (Economic) open topper the full route between shields and sunderland, but one year at the end the Economic service 22 only ran between shields and whitburn, while Sunderland operated between Sunderland and Seaburn, then Stagecoach turned up and withdrew the service.

Can anybody remember service 26 from the north Estates to Seaburn Camp (sundays only) which ran seasonal each year for a few years, then one year Sunderland Busways put on a new service 26 from Sunderland to Seaburn Camp to compete against Catch-A-Bus service 6, then when the summer started, there renumbered the North Estates to Seaburn Camp as service 36.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 05 Jun 2016

(05 Jun 2016, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC I think the 10 (or 110) must have replaced it at some point too. 

The route went (from Toward Road) via Villette Road, Ryhope Road, The Cedars, Ashbroke Range, Queen Alexandra Road, Sea View Road West, Hill View Road, Hereford Road, Westheath Avenue, Woodstock Avenue and Leechmere Road.

That seems similar to the route the 10 operates (or operated) now.

service 110 took over service 101 between villette road and grangetown. while service 139/140 took over service 110 between villette road and grangetown via Stockton road.

any older members on here remember service 104/105 getting extended from town to villette path (service 105) and to corporation road (104) or was it service 111 terminating at corporation road while service 104 went to grangetown. might of getting service 104 and 111 mixed up there abit.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 05 Jun 2016

I wasn't too familiar with Sunderland services in the periods you mention, but did find this...

(05 Jun 2016, 7:56 pm)Andreos1 I wasn't too familiar with Sunderland services in the periods you mention, but did find this...

I remember favourite using this on the 13/14, favourite livery was from the old greater Manchester buses colours

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Jun 2016

Noticed NEXUS haven't bothered to update the timetables at the bus stops....

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 06 Jun 2016

(06 Jun 2016, 5:57 am)Michael Noticed NEXUS haven't bothered to update the timetables at the bus stops....

They've updated the ones round Town End Farm. It was odd seeing a 12 and a 13 on the timetable at Baxter Road yesterday...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Jun 2016

(06 Jun 2016, 6:01 am)Dan They've updated the ones round Town End Farm. It was odd seeing a 12 and a 13 on the timetable at Baxter Road yesterday...

That's alright, least they've started... 

I'm currently on the 18, going to be weird going up Grindon Lane towards the Grindon Mill....hasn't been a bus up that way for over 10 years....

It seems the 18 doesn't serve Grindon shops now, Gartland road, it comes out from Tay road and turns on to Gleneagles Road.

Talk about a mystery tour...