North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 07 Oct 2016

(07 Oct 2016, 6:11 pm)Michael Changes to Services 38 and 39 from Sunday 30 October 2016

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-06/10/2016-13:52:45:042

So the 38 is going to do two loops of the Glebe estate. Love to know the logic behind that.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Oct 2016

Temporary Road Closure of North Bridge Street Bus Lane on Sunday 16th October and Sunday 23rd October 2016

Sunderland City Council need to close the bus lane on North Bridge Street to perform essential utility works.

The works will take place from 0800 – 1800.

The closure will affect North Bridge Street in a southbound direction (bus lane) and services heading northbound will be reduced to a single lane.

All southbound services heading towards the Wearmouth Bridge will divert as follows

Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and E2 – at the Wheatsheaf junction, they will divert along Roker Avenue, Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street.

Services 23, E1 and E6 – will also divert Roker Avenue, Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street, omitting Dundas Street.

Although services will be diverted from usual routes, they will observe all stops along the length of the diversion – Roker Avenue (Salvation Army), Church Street North and Dame Dorothy Street.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate all services through this area in accordance with their published timetables, there is nonetheless the potential that some trips may be subject to delays.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - G-CPTN - 12 Oct 2016

(12 Oct 2016, 9:26 am)Michael Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

It always amazes me that bus companies feel the need to apologise for events which are outside their control.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Oct 2016

(12 Oct 2016, 2:29 pm)G-CPTN It always amazes me that bus companies feel the need to apologise for events which are outside their control.

Only polite. Some passengers would blame the bus company.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 03 Nov 2016

**UPDATE** - Please note that the traffic management on Holmeside will be removed after working hours tomorrow (6pm onwards on Friday 4 November 2016) and two-way traffic flow will resume until early next year (dates to be advised)**

All buses will revert to normal routes Eastbound via Vine Place, Holmeside and John Street.

All Westbound services will continue to operate via Holmeside and Vine Place as normal.

--------

I know work before was for the new college but now its open etc, I've seen nothing

What are they actually doing?, i was in the town today and seen no workmen on the road...

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 03 Nov 2016

I think it's because of the big work lorrys parking up at the side of the road, going in and out from the access road to the college from holmside, probably because of health and safety as if u have lorrys parked on one side then buses would be delayed trying to get passed on the other side of the road and cause traffic jam, noticed the lorrys parked up Tuesday gone when I was in the town

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 07 Nov 2016

The following website has some brief descriptions of the changes in Sunderland for January 2017.

http://stagecoach.mybesthost.com/

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 07 Nov 2016

(07 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm)cbma06 The following website has some brief descriptions of the changes in Sunderland for January 2017.

Looks like the 18/19 are going hourly..  hope it stays at half hourly on a morning.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 07 Nov 2016

Does anyone know when it will be two way traffic past Elizabeth's the cafe and tipsy cow in Sunderland?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 08 Nov 2016

(07 Nov 2016, 5:43 pm)cbma06 The following website has some brief descriptions of the changes in Sunderland for January 2017.

X24 is the most interesting development.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 12:06 am)Deleted X24 is the most interesting development.

Used to be an X24 express from Sunderland to Newcastle back in the 1990s but I'd be suprised if that was being resurrected. Any hint of frequency at all?

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 9:20 am)ifm001 Used to be an X24 express from Sunderland to Newcastle back in the 1990s but I'd be suprised if that was being resurrected. Any hint of frequency at all?

Originally it was VFM buses X23 via Felgate then turned into X23 and X24 with the X24 via Boldon

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 9:20 am)ifm001 Used to be an X24 express from Sunderland to Newcastle back in the 1990s but I'd be suprised if that was being resurrected. Any hint of frequency at all?

At a massive guess, i would say hourly to start off with.

(08 Nov 2016, 10:15 am)Michael At a massive guess, i would say hourly to start off with.
Are you still thinking it will commence in the city centre or is the number (X24) a hint of location ie Thorney Close, which would go with the routine of serving non metro locations.

(08 Nov 2016, 10:46 am)ifm001 Are you still thinking it will commence in the city centre or is the number (X24) a hint of location ie Thorney Close, which would go with the routine of serving non metro locations.

Not sure now, in all fairness, Stagecoach haven't had a service like this for years, so it could start anywhere, still think they would want it to start in a area which will allow them to get a decent amount of passengers though....

Route example could be: 

Thorney Close Shops - Grindon - Hastings - A19 - Newcastle

To me, the only competition would be around Grindon/Hastings Hill as they have the 2/2A to the Galleries then the X1 but i think if people notice that the X24 (we shall call it that until confirmed) will be a lot quicker.

-----------

Where do u think it will start?

-----

Don't look at those changes yet, have a feeling Stagecoach will launch a surprise on us by end of week Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 9:44 am)cbma06 Originally it was VFM buses X23 via Felgate then turned into X23 and X24 with the X24 via Boldon

X24 fits, via Boldon and Felling bypass.

(08 Nov 2016, 11:10 am)RBZ 5459 X24 fits, via Boldon and Felling bypass.

I thought it was said before that it wouldn't go Via Boldon.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 08 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 11:15 am)Michael I thought it was said before that it wouldn't go Via Boldon.

Has it been mentioned? You'd have to point me at that one.

As an 'X24', going via The Boldons/A184 would mean that the service would shadow west parts of the X34 route, meaning perhaps more chance of it surviving - plus links to Shields+Market of course.
More testing the water by connecting the network rather than hugely competing in my view, especially if its starting off at a low PVR.

(08 Nov 2016, 10:55 am)Michael Not sure now, in all fairness, Stagecoach haven't had a service like this for years, so it could start anywhere, still think they would want it to start in a area which will allow them to get a decent amount of passengers though....

Route example could be: 

Thorney Close Shops - Grindon - Hastings - A19 - Newcastle

To me, the only competition would be around Grindon/Hastings Hill as they have the 2/2A to the Galleries then the X1 but i think if people notice that the X24 (we shall call it that until confirmed) will be a lot quicker.

-----------

Where do u think it will start?

-----

Don't look at those changes yet, have a feeling Stagecoach will launch a surprise on us by end of week Wink

I'm not too familiar with those parts of Sunderrand but I highly doubt it will go via Boldon as suggested due to the X34 being a 20 minute frequency  

Im thinking 

Thorney Close - Grindon - Chester Road - Hastings Hill then A19/A194 to Gateshead and Newcastle.

Or

Grange town - Leechmere -Chester Road then as above. 

Like I say not sure on that area may have some estates wrong but along those routes if you know where I'm thinking.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 08 Nov 2016

I suggest it should start at grangetown old terminus, ryhope, tunstall, doxford park, Farringdon, gilley law, thorney close, grindon, Hastings hill, A19, Newcastle.