North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 09 Nov 2016

City centre - Chester Road - A19 - Newcadtle. 56 minutes end to end. Pvr of two, the two buses that will be dropped from the 8.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 09 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 12:06 am)Deleted City centre - Chester Road - A19 - Newcadtle. 56 minutes end to end. Pvr of two, the two buses that will be dropped from the 8.

I can see this service being held up in traffic on Chester road at peak times, should of served Sunderland south estates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 09 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 11:58 am)RBZ 5459 Has it been mentioned? You'd have to point me at that one.

As an 'X24', going via The Boldons/A184 would mean that the service would shadow west parts of the X34 route, meaning perhaps more chance of it surviving - plus links to Shields+Market of course.
More testing the water by connecting the network rather than hugely competing in my view, especially if its starting off at a low PVR.

(09 Nov 2016, 12:06 am)Deleted City centre - Chester Road - A19 - Newcadtle. 56 minutes end to end. Pvr of two, the two buses that will be dropped from the 8.

So are we proposing that the service is serving Boldon or not...? Bit lost off on what is speculation and what is confirmation?

I for one don't think there's demand for any more buses along the Boldon - Newcastle corridor; if the proposed X24 was to come into fruition, it would have to be paired with a reduction in frequency on the X34 to compensate for it. I'm doubtful this reduction in frequency could be achieved, given the volume of passengers on the Harton Nook - Boldon stretch.

If we're proposing it's going to serve Chester Road, I perish the thought of what the reliability of the service will be like at peak times near The Broadway. Stagecoach are well aware of the issues at peak times in this area - they've been ongoing for years. A four minute layover at either end, whilst likely to be sufficient during the day, won't provide a reliable service at peak times (unless the headway is dropped back by five or so minutes to compensate and there's not a streamlined frequency after a certain time), if the service runs via Chester Road.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 09 Nov 2016

Could it not be operating the 5 route between the town and the Broadway? Since ive read somewhere the 8 is going to be partly replaced by the 5- I'm assuming that means around the Helmsdale Road area. That could allow the 5 to run via Hylton Road, Helmsdale Road, Holborn Road and then normal route to Gilley Law. Otherwise it is abit of a diversion to loop around Helmsdale Road on its current route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 09 Nov 2016

(08 Nov 2016, 9:44 am)cbma06 Originally it was VFM buses X23 via Felgate then turned into X23 and X24 with the X24 via Boldon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one of the many failed attempts at a Sunderland - Newcastle via Newcastle Road/Boldon service.

I can't see SNE giving the same route a go at all.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 09 Nov 2016

From what I can make out so far, user 'deleted'  is a Sunderland based SNE employee so his statement of the X24 going City Centre -Chester Road -A19 - Gateshead and Newcastle appears to be the confirmation.

No more need for speculation on the Boldon corridor.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 09 Nov 2016

As Dan said... Chester Road will be one of the main problems for time keeping, along with Newcastle. I do hope they've thought about that!

If the 18/19 is dropping to hourly, then at least 1 bus will come from that service, Stagecoach might make it a 3 PVR so extra layover time can be added.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 09 Nov 2016

GNE 78 has a time of 14 minute from City Centre to Hastings Hill. Deleted has quoted 56 mins end to end which gives approx 42 mins for the express part of the route. would like to think there shouldn't be too much timekeeping issues.

Just got a email from Stagecoach:

Proposed Changes in Sunderland

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/north-east/sunderland-proposed-changes

------------

NEW Service X24 - Sunderland to Newcastle

As part of these proposed changes, we're thinking about introducing an inter-urban express route between Sunderland and Newcastle!
Buses would operate from Sunderland City Centre along Chester Road and then direct to Newcastle City Centre.

Service X24 would operate up to every 30 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes. The route in Sunderland City Centre would operate clockwise from Chester Road via St.Michael's Way, St.Mary's Way, John Street, Holmeside, Green Terrace and Chester Road. The timetable details are currently undergoing refinement and will be subject to the feedback we receive from you.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 09 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 11:23 am)Michael Just got a email from Stagecoach:

Proposed Changes in Sunderland

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/north-east/sunderland-proposed-changes

------------

NEW Service X24 - Sunderland to Newcastle

As part of these proposed changes, we're thinking about introducing an inter-urban express route between Sunderland and Newcastle!
Buses would operate from Sunderland City Centre along Chester Road and then direct to Newcastle City Centre.

Service X24 would operate up to every 30 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes. The route in Sunderland City Centre would operate clockwise from Chester Road via St.Michael's Way, St.Mary's Way, John Street, Holmeside, Green Terrace and Chester Road. The timetable details are currently undergoing refinement and will be subject to the feedback we receive from you.

Very interesting... different to what I'd heard a bit ago unless that was another proposed idea shelved.

(09 Nov 2016, 3:43 pm)RBZ 5459 Very interesting... different to what I'd heard a bit ago unless that was another proposed idea shelved.

Ye, wouldn't be surprised if it changed again after the questionnaire has finished.

At the minute i expect to see a lot of complaints about the proposed changes - meaning Stagecoach could change their idea's, no idea when it finishes though.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 09 Nov 2016

Without seeing any timetables it looks like Sunderland's overall PVR is going to be reduced by 2.

(09 Nov 2016, 4:29 pm)Dans_bus_photos Without seeing any timetables it looks like Sunderland's overall PVR is going to be reduced by 2.

Hopefully means that dart will finally go!

(09 Nov 2016, 4:30 pm)Michael Hopefully means that dart will finally go!

Hopefully, I think 39709 will probably be leaving

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - makem1 - 09 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 3:43 pm)RBZ 5459 Very interesting... different to what I'd heard a bit ago unless that was another proposed idea shelved.

Think Chester Road brings hospital passengers into play, both from Sunderland and Newcastle, so gives them some guaranteed passenger flow, having recenly been a patient, I have heard a few visitors from newcastle end moaning about transport links.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 09 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 3:47 pm)Michael Ye, wouldn't be surprised if it changed again after the questionnaire has finished.

At the minute i expect to see a lot of complaints about the proposed changes - meaning Stagecoach could change their idea's, no idea when it finishes though.

Feedback ends 27th November.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 10 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 9:09 am)ifm001 From what I can make out so far, user 'deleted'  is a Sunderland based SNE employee so his statement of the X24 going City Centre -Chester Road -A19 - Gateshead and Newcastle appears to be the confirmation.

No more need for speculation on the Boldon corridor.

Yeah, in this instance I agree.
However my comments were about the corridor in general, not in relation to the X24 service.

Maybe I should have worded the post better.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 10 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 8:01 pm)cbma06 Feedback ends 27th November.

Better get our views in quickly! 

Hopefully they do take peoples views seriously.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 10 Nov 2016

PB0001987/5 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Port Clarence and Hardwick given service number 58A effective from 11-Dec-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0001987/21 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Stockton High Street and Stockton High Street given service number 58 effective from 11-Dec-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 10 Nov 2016

This will be the Durham Road reopening.