North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 10 Nov 2016

(09 Nov 2016, 4:29 pm)Dans_bus_photos Without seeing any timetables it looks like Sunderland's overall PVR is going to be reduced by 2.

Also looking at a frequency increase on one service that is not mentioned.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 10 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm)Deleted Also looking at a frequency increase on one service that is not mentioned.

Wonder why Stagecoach didn't put it on the proposal thing.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 11 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 10:26 pm)Michael Wonder why Stagecoach didn't put it on the proposal thing.

Because no one is going to object to an increase in frequency?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 12:00 am)stagecoachbusdepot Because no one is going to object to an increase in frequency?

Never know these days!

(09 Nov 2016, 11:23 am)Michael Just got a email from Stagecoach:

Proposed Changes in Sunderland

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/north-east/sunderland-proposed-changes

------------

NEW Service X24 - Sunderland to Newcastle

As part of these proposed changes, we're thinking about introducing an inter-urban express route between Sunderland and Newcastle!
Buses would operate from Sunderland City Centre along Chester Road and then direct to Newcastle City Centre.

Service X24 would operate up to every 30 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes. The route in Sunderland City Centre would operate clockwise from Chester Road via St.Michael's Way, St.Mary's Way, John Street, Holmeside, Green Terrace and Chester Road. The timetable details are currently undergoing refinement and will be subject to the feedback we receive from you.

Feedback for the above has changed from the 27th November to Thursday 24th November 2016.

Get your views in.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 11 Nov 2016

(10 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm)Deleted Also looking at a frequency increase on one service that is not mentioned.

Id have thought it would be the 20? With the 8 is being removed from Hylton Road and the 18 reduced to hourly.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 11 Nov 2016

I've left feedback Smile

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 7:07 pm)Dans_bus_photos Id have thought it would be the 20? With the 8 is being removed from Hylton Road and the 18 reduced to hourly.

I would of thought half the 20's normal route in pennywell, while the other half turned right from Hylton road down to south Hylton replacing service 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Gnebuspro91 - 11 Nov 2016

Why is the x20 have an x infront its nt an express bus in away

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:11 pm)Gnebuspro91 Why is the x20 have an x infront its nt an express bus in away

Was introduced way back in 1989 and was limited stop at the time between South Shields and Tyne Dock then all stops to Fellgate.  Had a few variations over the years but is commonly known as the X20 so prob won't ever change

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:11 pm)Gnebuspro91 Why is the x20 have an x infront its nt an express bus in away

The E in E1,E2 and E6 stands for express

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:37 pm)Ds1197 The E in E1,E2 and E6 stands for express

No it doesn't, The E stands for Economic, Which was ( Stood to be corrected ) a subsidiary of Busways running them 3 routes, They ran with a bronze style color scheme.

(11 Nov 2016, 11:42 pm)South Tyne Lad No it doesn't, The E stands for Economic, Which was ( Stood to be corrected ) a subsidiary of Busways running them 3 routes, They ran with a bronze style color scheme.

They also had the E3.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 11 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:52 pm)Michael They also had the E3.

Did that become the E6?

(11 Nov 2016, 11:53 pm)South Tyne Lad Did that become the E6?

Not sure, i don't even remember most of the route or when it was withdrawn.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 12 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:57 pm)Michael Not sure, i don't even remember most of the route or when it was withdrawn.

Ah right, Cheers for the info though Smile

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 12 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 11:42 pm)South Tyne Lad No it doesn't, The E stands for Economic, Which was ( Stood to be corrected ) a subsidiary of Busways running them 3 routes, They ran with a bronze style color scheme.

Oh sorry for that I just thought becasue the E1 used to run nonstop between South Shields and Sunderland along the coast road

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - pringlj - 12 Nov 2016

The E1 was never an express. It originated as service 505 pre deregulation 1986. E3 service was in response to the X2 of Tyne &I wear Onnibus . The X2 ran from Thorney Close to South Shields .

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 12 Nov 2016

Originally the E1 and E2 were originally the 505/506 and also 538/539, the E3 was put on between Sunderland and South Shields in front of Tyne and Wear omnibus company service X2 which ran from Thorney Close-Sunderland-south shields-whiteleas. With busways sticking a extra bus on service 16 in front of the X2 between South Shields and whiteleas.

When service E3 was originally put on all sort of buses were put on between minibuses and double deckers then leyland lynxes were put on the route.
E6 was put on twice in its lifetime to compete against Catch-A-Bus service 6.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 12 Nov 2016

(11 Nov 2016, 9:33 pm)cbma06 I would of thought half the 20's normal route in pennywell, while the other half turned right from Hylton road down to south Hylton replacing service 8.

But service 8 is still going to serve South Hylton every 30 minutes under the new proposal. Cant see it needing another service down there really with having the metro. Unless they split the 20s and have every other one serving its current Pennywell loop and the other doing the loop in reverse, like Newcastle's X87/X88