North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 11 Dec 2016

(11 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm)Michael Tongue, ye, also remember when the 18/19 ran on a evening and Sunday........... shame the service has lost a lot of passengers over the years, hopefully these changes will work.

According to a driver the 18 is running the same route but hourly... which is good but i just need to know if the 6:46am one from Grindon Lane is still running haha

Is the 18 still doing the grangetown to town section or terminating at grangetown in a loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 11 Dec 2016

(11 Dec 2016, 5:15 pm)cbma06 Is the 18 still doing the grangetown to town section or terminating at grangetown in a loop.

Supposed to be same route as of now, so not sure.

The Vosa thing is confusing though, it starts in Sunderland (could be city centre?)

So the route could be: City Centre - Roker - Seaburn - Southwick - Pallion - Barnes - Springwell - Thorney close - Grindon - Pennywell - Pallion - Southwick - Roker - Seaburn - City Centre  

No idea, this is why i said they should release the changes early because they'll be confusing for a lot of people.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 12 Dec 2016

(11 Dec 2016, 5:15 pm)cbma06 Is the 18 still doing the grangetown to town section or terminating at grangetown in a loop.

I have a feeling the route will be the same as the current 19 from the town via Southwick as far as Pennywell Shops half hourly. Then once an hour continue to Grangetown on the current route and terminate there and the alternate bus will run down the Broadway to the roundabout then pick up the 5 route as far as Gilley Law. Could be a long way off but that seems to match with the VOSA registrations.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Dec 2016

(12 Dec 2016, 6:30 pm)Dans_bus_photos I have a feeling the route will be the same as the current 19 from the town via Southwick as far as Pennywell Shops half hourly. Then once an hour continue to Grangetown on the current route and terminate there and the alternate bus will run down the Broadway to the roundabout then pick up the 5 route as far as Gilley Law. Could be a long way off but that seems to match with the VOSA registrations.

Sounds about right Dan. 

As long as i can get to work for 7:30am on a Monday - Friday - not really bothered about the changes, don't mind walking up to Grindon Lane for it, i do that anyway for the 6:46am bus.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 12 Dec 2016

(12 Dec 2016, 6:30 pm)Dans_bus_photos I have a feeling the route will be the same as the current 19 from the town via Southwick as far as Pennywell Shops half hourly. Then once an hour continue to Grangetown on the current route and terminate there and the alternate bus will run down the Broadway to the roundabout then pick up the 5 route as far as Gilley Law. Could be a long way off but that seems to match with the VOSA registrations.

When Stagecoach changed the 18 and 19 last time to go via Pennywell Shops, I emailed them a suggestion since service 18/19 and 5 uses the same type of bus, I made a proposal that the 18/19 to be renumbered as service 6 between Town and Seaburn (similar to the original service 106 before that service got cut between southwick and seaburn and service 6 went up to Witherwack) via Grindon and the service from Seaburn to Town via Roker as service 5 and extend service 5 from Town up to Farringdon/Gilley law providing new Links from South estates to Seaburn, the reply I got back saying that since the service has just been changed and there don't want the public passengers to be confused (I think stagecoach is doing quite good confusing passengers). I was told by a driver that the fella at stagecoach prefer to do his own bus changes his way without outside influence.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Dec 2016

(12 Dec 2016, 7:12 pm)cbma06 When Stagecoach changed the 18 and 19 last time to go via Pennywell Shops, I emailed them a suggestion since service 18/19 and 5 uses the same type of bus, I made a proposal that the 18/19 to be renumbered as service 6 between Town and Seaburn (similar to the original service 106 before that service got cut between southwick and seaburn and service 6 went up to Witherwack) via Grindon and the service from Seaburn to Town via Roker as service 5 and extend service 5 from Town up to Farringdon/Gilley law providing new Links from South estates to Seaburn, the reply I got back saying that since the service has just been changed and there don't want the public passengers to be confused (I think stagecoach is doing quite good confusing passengers). I was told by a driver that the fella at stagecoach prefer to do his own bus changes his way without outside influence.

So if true, basically the whole feedback part was just so they can turn around and say "we asked the public etc".

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 13 Dec 2016

EDIT: Changes to Stagecoach service 68 on the 5th February 2017.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 13 Dec 2016

(13 Dec 2016, 9:02 am)Michael Stagecoach have gained the 68, this will commence on the 5th February 2017.

They haven't gain it - this is their 68 for the DSS Tyneview Park Wink

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 13 Dec 2016

(13 Dec 2016, 9:11 am)Kuyoyo They haven't gain it - this is their 68 for the DSS Tyneview Park Wink
My bad, don't really know the Stagecoach services outside of Sunderland. Tongue

Should of checked before posting.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 13 Dec 2016

(13 Dec 2016, 9:19 am)Michael My bad, don't really know the Stagecoach services outside of Sunderland. Tongue

Should of checked before posting.

The clue is were it states, supported by subsidys?........No.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 14 Dec 2016

(13 Dec 2016, 11:26 pm)Deleted The clue is were it states, supported by subsidys?........No.

Tbh, i forgot to read that part  Angel Angel

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 16 Dec 2016

PB0002404/26BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Operating between DSS Longbenton and Throckley - Byker given service number 991995 / 991 / 995 effective from 05 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 20 Dec 2016

Been told that the changes for Sunderland should be on the website this week, if not, it'll be the first week of January.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Dec 2016

PB0002404/39
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ

Operating between Newcastle and Metrocentre given service number 100 / 100 effective from 17 December 2016. To amend Route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 26 Dec 2016

(20 Dec 2016, 4:29 pm)Michael Been told that the changes for Sunderland should be on the website this week, if not, it'll be the first week of January.

What u reckon the changes will be

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 28 Dec 2016

Any idea when these changes will be announced for Stagecoach Sunderland

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 28 Dec 2016

(28 Dec 2016, 3:30 pm)Acky81 Any idea when these changes will be announced for Stagecoach Sunderland

As said before, it was either before Christmas or the first week in January.

Looks like it's January.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 30 Dec 2016

Changes to South Shields services 10 11 and X20 now on stagecoach website. Interesting albeit only ttemporary due to the roadworks en route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 30 Dec 2016

www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/12/2016-12:49:48:618

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 30 Dec 2016

I can only ask why timetable changes " To Improve Reliability " pass Lindisfarne roundabout an hour before the main commotion start's, 4-6 at Linisfarne is a nightmare.

Morning journey's on the 10/10B/11A/11B also start after all the traffic has finished, So it seems pretty pointless in a way.
But atleast I have two extra service serving my house now, Even if its just in one direction.

I've got a feeling Stagecoach will learn the hard way with revising timetables around this area, Like GNE did back in April, And still suffers from serious reliability issues to this day.

But looking on the bright side, Once the roadwork's have ended next summer Stagecoach will hopefully look at rerouting the 11B through our estate, Providing the area with the long lost link to Harton Nook/Horsley Hill and the Seafront that everyone round here lost with the cull of GNE's 89 a few years back, And is desperately needed by some ( Me being one )