North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 04 Jan 2017

Interesting how 8 is running at night now. Is this secured and replacing the 8x?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 04 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 9:19 pm)idiot Interesting how 8 is running at night now. Is this secured and replacing the 8x?

It's also running on a Sunday too, expect it's going to the Docks.

It says at the bottom of the page that Evening and Sunday trips are secured on the behalf of NEXUS.

Not sure what's happening with the 8X

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 04 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 9:06 pm)RBZ 5459 PVR is 4. 50 minutes each way, with 5 mins layover in Newcastle and 15 mins in Harton Nook.

Not what the timetable suggests - unless running two buses round the loop within minutes of each other is planned!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 04 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 9:06 pm)RBZ 5459 PVR is 4. 50 minutes each way, with 5 mins layover in Newcastle and 15 mins in Harton Nook.

The timetable displays it in a kind of loop format.

Beyond the Ridgeway the stopping points are displayed as follows:

Harton Nook 
Marsden Inn
Horsley Hill Square Arrive
Harton Nook Prince Edward Road

And on return
Harton Nook 
Marsden Inn
Horsley Hill Square Depart

So as you can see, it's just the same stopping points repeated for both directions. The key is the arrival/departure from Horsley Hill Square which shows there is in fact a mere 1 minute layover - daytime buses arrive at 53 and 23 and depart at 54 and 24. As such the 'new' PVR is indeed 3. I can see how the two different Harton Nook stops may have caught you out!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 04 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm)peter The timetable displays it in a kind of loop format.

Beyond the Ridgeway the stopping points are displayed as follows:

Harton Nook 
Marsden Inn
Horsley Hill Square Arrive

And on return
Harton Nook 
Marsden Inn
Horsley Hill Square Depart

So as you can see, it's just the same stopping points repeated for both directions. The key is the arrival/departure from Horsley Hill Square which shows there is in fact a mere 1 minute layover - daytime buses arrive at 53 and 23 and depart at 54 and 24. As such the 'new' PVR is indeed 3. I can see how the two different Harton Nook stops may have caught you out!

Angel

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 05 Jan 2017

Still say the 3 service should be changed but I guess it's too late now

2 to Farringdon 
3 to gilley law

So gilley law now has 3 13 and 18 is there really any need? one service is sufficient imo. 

Michael I feel for u mate. The 18/19 have always been a lost cause just like the 6 was too. Good luck on your revised way to work. 

Pleased the 12 survived is a decent route

Really hope passengers use the x24 nice direct service. No Washington  heworth  and no  boldon drops thank god. 

Anyone seen a pic of the buses yet for x24

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 05 Jan 2017

(04 Jan 2017, 5:02 pm)Michael Changes to services in Sunderland from Sunday 29 January 2017

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-04/01/2017-15:31:42:810

Well there's my bus gone, now i have to go via the world just to get to work for 7:30am..........

PVR changes

Service 4 - gone from 11 to 10 PVR
Service 5 - withdrawn: 2 Envio's
Service 8 - gone from 2 to 3 PVR
Service 18/19 gone from 5 PVR to 2

X24 - 3 Omnilinks

Other services remain the same.

Overall PVR is now 71? - would imagine the spares will be Enviro meaning the dart can be withdrawn.

PVR of the 8 is going to remain at 2. So it looks like most if not all of the MAN Enviro's might be leaving Sunderland, cant see any of the ADL Enviro 200s going.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:36 pm)Dans_bus_photos PVR of the 8 is going to remain at 2. So it looks like most if not all of the MAN Enviro's might be leaving Sunderland, cant see any of the ADL Enviro 200s going.

Ah right, must of worked it wrong! my bad.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 05 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 4:36 pm)Dans_bus_photos PVR of the 8 is going to remain at 2. So it looks like most if not all of the MAN Enviro's might be leaving Sunderland, cant see any of the ADL Enviro 200s going.

MAN's will more likely be leaving, As that will rid Sunderland of all of it's MAN Chassied Vehicle's, Which in turn will reduce maintenance cost's there.

Id expect the majority to head to Hartlepool to withdraw there dart's, With my local Shields also gaining another one to displace 34611, 34605 will probably be replaced by a rotating spare, Which means whatever's spare in the depot can cover its role if needed, If not itll be replaced by a redundant 59-reg E200.

Though the overall PVR is dropping at both Sunderland and Shields so replacements for both Dart's mightn't be needed.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Adrian - 06 Jan 2017

(05 Jan 2017, 12:11 am)Acky81 Really hope passengers use the x24 nice direct service. No Washington  heworth  and no  boldon drops thank god. 

It'll be interesting to see how it performs. I'd say it's good competition for an unreliable Metro, not to mention that it's cheaper and with onward connections.

I wonder how it'll perform along Chester Road, given its taking the direct route in competition with the 2/2A.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Jan 2017

(06 Jan 2017, 12:51 am)Adrian It'll be interesting to see how it performs. I'd say it's good competition for an unreliable Metro, not to mention that it's cheaper and with onward connections.

I wonder how it'll perform along Chester Road, given its taking the direct route in competition with the 2/2A.

Me too, i don't see why people won't use it though....

1: It's cheaper than GNE as it's:
1A - £3.95 for a day ticket 
1B - Tyne and Wear 7 day megarider is only £12.95

2: Don't have to change buses on the route 

3: Only takes 45 minutes from Sunderland and Newcastle

---------------------

The only area which it has competition is Sunderland and Newcastle city Centre but, as you've said, when does the Metro ever work?, i think it'll pick up passengers along the route though... might even get a few passengers changing to Stagecoach (not many though).

Chester road and even Newcastle City Centre is going to be a test for the X24.

--------------

I have noticed there's a big gap between the last 2 runs...

From Newcastle: 1840 and then 2010

From Sunderland: 1729 and then 1924

-----------

Stagecoach need to advertise it though.... such as Facebook, the Sunderland echo etc.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dans_bus_photos - 06 Jan 2017

(06 Jan 2017, 3:05 pm)Michael Me too, i don't see why people won't use it though....

1: It's cheaper than GNE as it's:
1A - £3.95 for a day ticket 
1B - Tyne and Wear 7 day megarider is only £12.95

2: Don't have to change buses on the route 

3: Only takes 45 minutes from Sunderland and Newcastle

---------------------

The only area which it has competition is Sunderland and Newcastle city Centre but, as you've said, when does the Metro ever work?, i think it'll pick up passengers along the route though... might even get a few passengers changing to Stagecoach (not many though).

Chester road and even Newcastle City Centre is going to be a test for the X24.

--------------

I have noticed there's a big gap between the last 2 runs...

From Newcastle: 1840 and then 2010

From Sunderland: 1729 and then 1924

-----------

Stagecoach need to advertise it though.... such as Facebook, the Sunderland echo etc.

Isnt that the whole idea of a bus. If it just left everyone at the bus stops they wouldn't make any money Big Grin
I hope it works out for them, I will definitely be using it over the metro as it is easier for me to get to from my house. The branding looks good too from what ive seen- makes the omnilink's look very smart and they will hopefully stand out.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 06 Jan 2017

Stagecoach fares are going up middle of January, can't remember which date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Jan 2017

(06 Jan 2017, 3:54 pm)Dans_bus_photos Isnt that the whole idea of a bus. If it just left everyone at the bus stops they wouldn't make any money Big Grin
I hope it works out for them, I will definitely be using it over the metro as it is easier for me to get to from my house. The branding looks good too from what ive seen- makes the omnilink's look very smart and they will hopefully stand out.

Well it works for Gateshead Central Taxi's on the 37!

Oh i thought the brand was a secret?  Angel Angel

(06 Jan 2017, 3:58 pm)cbma06 Stagecoach fares are going up middle of January, can't remember which date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just the online prices by the looks of it.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 10 Jan 2017

From Wednesday 11 January 2017 for around 1 week, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close the junction of Grindon Lane and The Broadway.

This closure is necessary to allow emergency utilities works.

During the period of the closure, Services 18 and 19 will be diverted between Pennywell Road and Grindon via Broadway, Springwell Road, Somerset Road, Grindon Lane and Gleneagles Road.

Due to the diversionary route, Services 18 and 19 will be unable to observe their normal stops along Grindon Lane. Services 18 and 19 will also operate non-stop on the diversion.

Services 18 and 19 will return to their normal routes once the works have been completed.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any delays or inconvenience whilst these works are undertaken.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 16 Jan 2017

Temporary closure of A690 Durham Road at Eden Vale on Sunday 22 January 2017 affecting services 3, 4 and 13
16 Jan 2017
We have been advised by Sunderland City Council and Nexus that on Sunday 22 January 2017 (weather permitting), the section of the A690 Durham Road at Eden Vale (from Thornholme Road to Otto Terrace) in both directions, will need to be closed from 08:00 until 18:00, to allow for resurfacing work to be carried out in a safe and controlled environment.

During periods of the road closure, buses will be required to divert away from the immediate area, as follows:

Service 3, 4 and 13 - Buses will divert from the A690 Durham Road and travel via Thornholme Road, Tunstall Road and Thornhill Crescent before re-joining the original route into the City Centre via Albion Place, Vine Place and Holmeside.  The return journey will travel the same route in reverse

As a consequence of the diversions, Service 3, 4 and 13 buses will be unable to observe the normal stops at Eden Vale, The Royalty, Royal Courts or Burn Park in either direction.  They will however observe all stops along the diversionary route.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these temporary works may cause.

------------------

Temporary closure of A183 Chester Road between Holborn Road and Kayll Road on Sunday 29 Jan 2017 affecting services 8 and 16

16 Jan 2017

We have been advised by Sunderland City Council and Nexus that on Sunday 29 January 2017 (weather permitting), the section of the A183 Chester Road between Holborn Road and Kayll Road in both directions will need to be closed from 08:00 until 18:00, to allow for resurfacing work to be carried out in a safe and controlled environment.

During periods of the road closure, buses will be required to divert away from the immediate area, as follows:

Service 8 – will operate from South Hylton via the Round Robin Pub before continuing straight down Hylton Road towards the City Centre, turning along Kayll Road and re-join the route at Chester Road (Sunderland Royal Hospital).  The return journey from Sunderland City Centre to South Hylton will run in reverse.

Service 16 – will operate from Hastings Hill via Somerset Road (as normal) before turning right along Springwell Road and joining Durham Road at the Prospect (Lidl).  The service will run via Barnes Park Road and Ormonde Street before re-joining the normal route at Chester Road (Sunderland Royal Hospital). The return journey to Hastings Hill will run in reverse.

As a consequence of the diversions, Services 8 and 16 will be unable to observe the normal stops along Chester Road, Wavendon Crescent or Cleveland Road, but they will however observe all stops along the diversionary routes.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these temporary works may cause.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - GuyParkRoyal - 19 Jan 2017

Newcastle C1/CS1 has been registered for 2017 with a start date of 9th April and an end date of 28th October.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 19 Jan 2017

Starting to see a few ads dotted about the x24 including bus shelter advertising

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 20 Jan 2017

X24
Sunderland - Newcastle
Go North East
New Service
Sunday, 29 January 2017 Timetable PDF X24

Anyone spot nexus' big error?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 20 Jan 2017

(20 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm)NK53 TKT X24
Sunderland - Newcastle
Go North East
New Service
Sunday, 29 January 2017 Timetable PDF X24

Anyone spot nexus' big error?

The timetable within the link does state stagecoach thankfully.

However Nexus have already changed the timetable on the bus stop where I live for the X34 and the 30 minutes frequency is confusing as everyone as it doesn't change for 10 days yet.

They are a bit premature this time for a change