North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 10 Feb 2017

(10 Feb 2017, 5:14 pm)markydh And then run the loop via Westgate Road, first, thereby increasing journey times to the city centre by at least 10 minutes. That's the issue. I don't see what is gained by swapping these services with the 63. I use the 62/63 services daily and it's the 62 that always runs late in the west of the city so the reasoning in 'speeding up' the 63 doesn't make sense on those grounds. I've fed this back, though.

Do you think they will listen?  These consultations only ever  seem to pay lip service but plough ahead anyway (as evidenced by Sunderland changes being registered with VOSA before consultation even appeared) - it's going to be even more blatant when these changes go though (it's hard to imagine they are going to receive any positive feedback for many (any?) of the proposed changes, but will they change their minds?  Unlikely.)

In particular, who is going to respond to e.g. 39/40, X47, 87/88 changes to say anything other than "dont cut the frequency"?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 10 Feb 2017

Of course. None of the changes could be viewed as positive, although I've long thought it would make more sense for the X47 to run from Eldon Square Bus Station given the X77/78/79/87/88 all do! The only reason I think the 63 one is not guaranteed is simply the wording within the consultation. They obviously do listen to feedback (eventually) because I know I'm far from the only one lobbying them to make the X82 all stops from Denton Burn to Throckley and back as it always was until a couple of years ago. Though I suspect this will require some more regular interworking at the Eldon Square end to make the timetabling work (their argument for removing the stops was always 'traffic levels' which haven't got any better!).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 10 Feb 2017

I'm not sure sending more traffic into Eldon Square BS is generally a great idea but we shall see.

Anything on the West Rd is going to suffer tbh. It's an absolute nightmare that road.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 10 Feb 2017

(10 Feb 2017, 8:01 pm)markydh Of course. None of the changes could be viewed as positive, although I've long thought it would make more sense for the X47 to run from Eldon Square Bus Station given the X77/78/79/87/88 all do! The only reason I think the 63 one is not guaranteed is simply the wording within the consultation. They obviously do listen to feedback (eventually) because I know I'm far from the only one lobbying them to make the X82 all stops from Denton Burn to Throckley and back as it always was until a couple of years ago. Though I suspect this will require some more regular interworking at the Eldon Square end to make the timetabling work (their argument for removing the stops was always 'traffic levels' which haven't got any better!).

Not sure about X47 going to Eldon Square - its a nightmare to get in/out and is already too busy...personally have always found it odd that none of the Ponteland Road services serve Central Station - seems a bit of a missing link to me.  Also think the slashing of frequency by a third on the X47 is probably more significant to passengers than shifting the terminal point a few hundred yards.

The existing timetabling/interworking of the X78/X82/X87/X88 remains a complete mystery to me - always appears to be completely random which buses rotate on and off the X82...though I'm sure there must be a system in there somewhere!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - HarryCowans4041 - 10 Feb 2017

(10 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Not sure about X47 going to Eldon Square - its a nightmare to get in/out and is already too busy...personally have always found it odd that none of the Ponteland Road services serve Central Station - seems a bit of a missing link to me.  Also think the slashing of frequency by a third on the X47 is probably more significant to passengers than shifting the terminal point a few hundred yards.

The existing timetabling/interworking of the X78/X82/X87/X88 remains a complete mystery to me - always appears to be completely random which buses rotate on and off the X82...though I'm sure there must be a system in there somewhere!

Maybe I am being cynical but the only reason the X47 is going to Eldon Square is in order that the schedule can run with only 3 buses. On the current routing, a round trip takes 45 minutes, so on a 15 minute service would be too tight. Running it to/from the bus station would allow a bit of recovery time. But if I were a regular user I would not be impressed with the 40pc (5 buses to 3 buses) cut in resources... suddenly the Metro becomes a more attractive proposition.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 10 Feb 2017

(10 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm)stagecoachbusdepot The existing timetabling/interworking of the X78/X82/X87/X88 remains a complete mystery to me - always appears to be completely random which buses rotate on and off the X82...though I'm sure there must be a system in there somewhere!

I do believe the interworking only occurs at peak times - whenever I'm up Newcastle the buses that arrive on the X82 during the day go back out on the X82.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 11 Feb 2017

Well off-peak, yes, though the X82 'peak' is really 07:30 to 09:45 and then 15:00 to 18:00. The schools really complicate the timetable of the X82 and it going half-hourly isn't going to help matters in that regard one bit! It already struggles to keep to timetable throughout most of the day so being less frequent and having 3 more stops... I can only see it working if it interworked with another route. The X47 going to Eldon Square certainly opens up a possibility.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 11 Feb 2017

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/555de365e5274a74ca000093/Arriva-Northumbria.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjN64HT7IfSAhXpDsAKHc93AsQQFggnMAQ&usg=AFQjCNEAvOmra9PxFcNOEjUQAy213eBgTA

When ANE and GNE took part in the depot swap a few years back, there were OfT concerns.
There have been plenty of comments about the swap and the email conversations that took place prior.

However one thing that hasn't been mentioned often (if at all) on the forum, was the role of SNE in the investigations.
You can see in the report, that ANE, GNE and the OfT had concerns about SNE sneaking in and operating in to Northumberland.
All these years on, we haven't seen much change. Will we see some in the future?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Deleted - 11 Feb 2017

http://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/item/plans-services-18-and-3232a-evenings-and-sundays

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 12 Feb 2017

(09 Feb 2017, 8:10 pm)Michael Had a proper look through the changes and i don't really know Newcastle so that's why i'm not giving feedback.

Is there any positive proposed changes?

The X82 stopping on the A69 is THE only positive

(09 Feb 2017, 3:53 pm)markydh My god, that is some serious contrition, particularly in Kenton Bar and Montagu Estate. The removal of service 1 from Four Land Ends is puzzling. I've submitted my feedback. I can't see what the re-routing of 63 away from Fenham is trying to achieve and the 'replacement' with 71, 72 and 87 makes getting to the city centre a much longer journey. The 63 (with its 61 and 64 forebears) has run via Fenham Hall Drive for as long as I can remember. I don't think they have thought that one through.

Benton Park Road is doomed, it means that there is no 32/32A and that is needed

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 12 Feb 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 12:08 pm)NK53 TKT The X82 stopping on the A69 is THE only positive

Benton Park Road is doomed, it means that there is no 32/32A and that is needed

I think the 6/7 will be serving Four Lane Ends so it might operate along Benton Park Road

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 12 Feb 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 12:12 pm)Tom I think the 6/7 will be serving Four Lane Ends so it might operate along Benton Park Road

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/32-32A%20route_0.pdf

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Feb 2017

(09 Feb 2017, 1:26 pm)RBZ 5459 [Image: newcastle%20proposed%20changes%20web%20b...top-01.jpg]
The proposed Newcastle network changes are now publicly available: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/north-east/newcastle-proposed-changes

With the proposal feedback closing on Friday 24 February 2017... i wonder how long we will wait to see the results or the changes appearing on VOSA?

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 12 Feb 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 1:48 pm)Michael With the proposal feedback closing on Friday 24 February 2017... i wonder how long we will wait to see the results or the changes appearing on VOSA?

The Newcastle changes takes place on 30th April 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(12 Feb 2017, 1:56 pm)cbma06 The Newcastle changes takes place on 30th April 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, middle of March for them to hopefully go on VOSA.

Does anyone know how the 18 is doing since the Sunderland changes?, i haven't used it once since it changed.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Simmy - 12 Feb 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 2:27 pm)Michael Does anyone know how the 18 is doing since the Sunderland changes?, i haven't used it once since it changed.

Saw an 18 passing Fulwell Grange at around 12PM on Saturday towards Gilley Law. Nothing but fresh air on it at that time.

(12 Feb 2017, 5:42 pm)Simmy Saw an 18 passing Fulwell Grange at around 12PM on Saturday towards Gilley Law. Nothing but fresh air on it at that time.

What a surprise, same as before then...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 12 Feb 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 6:05 pm)Michael What a surprise, same as before then...

I wonder if there will be any suggestions that Stagecoach has purposely made the service the way it is, so that they can withdraw it completely?

Or is that only suggested if there's an 'X' and a '3' in the service number? Hee-hee!!

(12 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm)Dan
I wonder if there will be any suggestions that Stagecoach has purposely made the service the way it is, so that they can withdraw it completely?

Or is that only suggested if there's an 'X' and a '3' in the service number? Hee-hee!!

Looks like it, i think there was a few people who mentioned that on here, i was one of them, it'll be gone by end of the year i just don't see it improving.

Where ever it goes, there's a Stagecoach service, near or on the exact route.

Some examples....

Seaburn - E's
Springwell - 23
Gilley Law - 3, 13
Southwick - 3, 4, 12, 13, 16

The above services all run every 10 minutes (every 20 minutes on some sections)

Of course there won't be complaints Dan, this is Stagecoach and not "Go North East".. You know that company, which only cuts services in the North East?