North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 8:51 pm)Kuyoyo If it's anything like its being for me - it's showing f**k all at present.

A very interesting pair of registrations for Stockton depot Wink

It is, looks like Stagecoach want to try new routes out, maybe they've decided to try it because the X24 has been sucessful?

More Omnilinks to come?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:00 pm)Michael It is, looks like Stagecoach want to try new routes out, maybe they've decided to try it because the X24 has been sucessful?

More Omnilinks to come?

Not this time. Bit too early to divulge so continue wibbling.  Rolleyes

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:09 pm)RBZ 5459 Not this time. Bit too early to divulge so continue wibbling.  Rolleyes

Gold route maybe?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:23 pm)Tom Gold route maybe?

When I first heard the rumour, my thoughts went to Gold.
It needs something 'glam', to attract passengers off the X10. However, it would be a big gamble to have anything too new allocated to the route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm)Andreos1 When I first heard the rumour, my thoughts went to Gold.
It needs something 'glam', to attract passengers off the X10. However, it would be a big gamble to have anything too new allocated to the route.

The £3.90 (or whatever it is) day ticket would be good enough for a lot of people, I suspect, regardless of 'glam' !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:31 pm)Dan The £3.90 (or whatever it is) day ticket would be good enough for a lot of people, I suspect, regardless of 'glam' !

Don't think it applies outside Tyne and Wear as it is £5.05 to Ponteland I think.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:31 pm)Dan
The £3.90 (or whatever it is) day ticket
would be good enough for a lot of people, I suspect, regardless of 'glam' !

Yup, i think that's why the X24 has been successful.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm)Andreos1 When I first heard the rumour, my thoughts went to Gold.

Wouldn't take much to tempt me off the X10 with its current record mind!

Stagecoach through the Durham Rd corridor is a dream. GNE were at the best during the 221/21 bus war

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 25 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 10:38 pm)Ambassador Wouldn't take much to tempt me off the X10 with its current record mind!

Stagecoach through the Durham Rd corridor is a dream. GNE were at the best during the 221/21 bus war

I imagine quite a few punters off the X10 would be interested, regardless of reliability. I reckon a decent handful off each trip start their journey on a Stagecoach service somewhere down the line.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 25 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:31 pm)Dan The £3.90 (or whatever it is) day ticket would be good enough for a lot of people, I suspect, regardless of 'glam' !

Can't even get a day ticket for Stockton to Hartlepool for £3.90!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Pulsar - 25 Mar 2017

Newcastle Changes April 30th

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-25/03/2017-17:34:06:433

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DavidSBrough - 25 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 9:09 pm)RBZ 5459 Not this time. Bit too early to divulge so continue wibbling.  Rolleyes

Maybe coaches? Some express routes in Scotland are ran by coaches.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - park5354 - 25 Mar 2017

(25 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm)DavidSBrough Maybe coaches? Some express routes in Scotland are ran by coaches.

ex Metrocentre E300's  !!!!!!!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - callum2015 - 25 Mar 2017

Oxford are ment to be due a further 5 new E400MMCs,if these are GOLD & are replacing the five oldest Scania/E400s in the fleet (15533 - 7),could they be heading up here for this new route (maybe after quick interior fresh up,adding USB Ports beforehand?)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Mar 2017

(25 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm)Pulsar Newcastle Changes April 30th

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-25/03/2017-17:34:06:433

Makes you wonder why they went through the charade of consultation

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 25 Mar 2017

Now, to be totally fair, they scrapped the re-routing of the 63 as it will continue to serve Fenham Hall Drive. The new 36 route via the RVI is a welcome one, too. The PVR of the 62/63 is increasing by 1 and I suspect the 39/40 will stay the same as the end to end journeys will be longer. From my point of view, the X82 once again observing all stops on the A69 is a major improvement! Even with the lower frequency. However, 2 buses won't be enough to operate it as I think the round trip is being extended to 65 minutes so some interworking will be necessary. I don't think these changes see as big a PVR reduction as initially thought.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 26 Mar 2017

(25 Mar 2017, 11:41 pm)markydh Now, to be totally fair, they scrapped the re-routing of the 63 as it will continue to serve Fenham Hall Drive. The new 36 route via the RVI is a welcome one, too. The PVR of the 62/63 is increasing by 1 and I suspect the 39/40 will stay the same as the end to end journeys will be longer. From my point of view, the X82 once again observing all stops on the A69 is a major improvement! Even with the lower frequency. However, 2 buses won't be enough to operate it as I think the round trip is being extended to 65 minutes so some interworking will be necessary. I don't think these changes see as big a PVR reduction as initially thought.

Except the extra journey lengths on the 62/63 and 39/40 are operational decisions and won't have been made in response to the consultation, the abandoned re-routing of the 63 was hinted at in the original consultation question suggesting it was never likely to actually happen and the additional stopping points on the X82 don't represent any material change (though the extra stops along the route may be welcomed by some passengers I suspect the 33% reduction in frequency and increase in journey times outweighs any benefit).  Fundamentally, none of the services suffering major changes differ from what was proposed - probably reflecting the fact the key decisions had already been taken and subissions made to the Traffic Commissioner while the "consulation" was still ongoing.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 26 Mar 2017

The submissions were made to the traffic commissioner a few day after the consultation closed, actually. The X82 suffered and has continued to suffer from chronic unreliability. Peak services were already half hourly to try and negate this with little to no success. The only real solution was extending journey times. Don't misunderstand me, no one likes cuts. But the change to route 36 was not part of the original proposals and was a direct result of a number of concerns regarding the loss of the 15/15A along Fenham Hall Drive. The cut I don't agree with is the complete withdrawal of the 32/32A between North Kenton - South Gosforth - FLE - Heaton - Byker - City Centre. I used to use it semi-regularly to and from Benton Park Road from the west and it always seemed to have passengers, no matter what the time of day. They were never going to make more than a few tweaks here and there to the proposals. The daytime frequency of the 72 and X82 til 20:00 was one of them.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 27 Mar 2017

service X55 is only 3 journeys in each direction during the day with only 1 journey each way commencing and terminating at Stockton, with the other 2 journeys commencing and terminating at Greatham, bull and dog.

Stockton-Norton-Billingham-Greatham-Rifthouse-hartlepool-Hart- Dalton Park-Testos roundabout-pilgrim street

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 27 Mar 2017

(27 Mar 2017, 2:41 pm)cbma06 service X55 is only 3 journeys in each direction during the day with only 1 journey each way commencing and terminating at Stockton, with the other 2 journeys commencing and terminating at Greatham, bull and dog.

Stockton-Norton-Billingham-Greatham-Rifthouse-hartlepool-Hart- Dalton Park-Testos roundabout-pilgrim street

Any idea on the timings of these journeys?