North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S830OFT - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 10:26 am)markydh PB0002404/89 Registered
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: Newcastle, Pilgrim Street to Horsley Hill
Service number: X34 (X34)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 19 Nov 2017

PB0002404/311 Registered
Route: Sunderland to Newcastle
Service number: X24 (X24, X24A)

PB0002404/48 Registered
Route: Dene Estate to Thorney Close
Service number: 23 (23)
Service type: Normal Stopping

PB0002404/17 Registered
Route: Red House Estate to Hastings Hill
Service number: 16 (16)

PB0002404/60 Registered
Route: Downhill to Doxford Park
Service number: 4su (4)

PB0002404/77 Registered
Route: Sunderland John Street to Doxford International
Service number: X1 (X1)

Is this a new route?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 9:26 am)tyresmoke PB0001987/1 Registered
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Middlesbrough Bus Station to Lingfield Park
Service number: 11 (10)

PB0001987/239 Registered
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Hemlington or Stainton to Salters Lane
Service number: 1313A (13, 13A)

Just a guess but would appear they're going to re-route one 13 an hour to Stainton as a 13A, no longer serving Hemlington. I guess that's the best they can do without adding extra resource into it

Indeed - hourly 13 to Hemlington and hourly 13a to Stainton.
The 10 meanwhile is re-routed via Keith Road and Linthorpe Road.

For the Busway change:
X34 is a revised route with the Horsely Hill loop reversed. Also the introduction of the Sunday journeys in the run-up to Christmas.
X24: Sunday journeys introduced as well as journeys to Doxford Park (from where not mentioned) which will operate as X24A.
16: Amended timetable and route in the Red House area
4: Minors changes to Weekday timetable
X1: amended timetable to better reflect shift patterns

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 10:51 am)Kuyoyo Indeed - hourly 13 to Hemlington and hourly 13a to Stainton.
The 10 meanwhile is re-routed via Keith Road and Linthorpe Road.

For the Busway change:
X34 is a revised route with the Horsely Hill loop reversed. Also the introduction of the Sunday journeys in the run-up to Christmas.
X24: Sunday journeys introduced as well as journeys to Doxford Park (from where not mentioned) which will operate as X24A.
16: Amended timetable and route in the Red House area
4: Minors changes to Weekday timetable
X1: amended timetable to better reflect shift patterns

Will a extra Omnilink be sourced or is the X24A peak time only... Hopefully it won't drop to hourly

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 11:13 am)Michael Will a extra Omnilink be sourced or is the X24A peak time only... Hopefully it won't drop to hourly

I would guess it'll be a morning peak towards Doxford Park and evening peak away from the park. This would fill empty journeys as currently the majority of their market is from Sunderland towards Newcastle, returning in the afternoon. Therefore if they can build a market towards Sunderland it will help.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 11:27 am)tyresmoke I would guess it'll be a morning peak towards Doxford Park and evening peak away from the park. This would fill empty journeys as currently the majority of their market is from Sunderland towards Newcastle, returning in the afternoon. Therefore if they can build a market towards Sunderland it will help.

Almost what Arriva did when there did a peak service between Newcastle and doxford park?, might be for stagecoach passengers in the Newcastle area traveling to work at doxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 9:26 am)tyresmoke PB0001987/1 Registered
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Middlesbrough Bus Station to Lingfield Park
Service number: 11 (10)

PB0001987/239 Registered
CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD
Route: Hemlington or Stainton to Salters Lane
Service number: 1313A (13, 13A)

Just a guess but would appear they're going to re-route one 13 an hour to Stainton as a 13A, no longer serving Hemlington. I guess that's the best they can do without adding extra resource into it

Ridiculous rerouting the 10s just because some councillor in Coulby Newham has complained about the loss of direct buses from parts of Coulby Newham to Linthorpe Road. There is a 12 every 10 minutes from the Parkway Centre or they could change on Marton Road to the 63 every 10 minutes.
As a result the Longlands area lose 3 of their 5 buses per hour each way during the day and their entire Sunday service.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 11:13 am)Michael Will a extra Omnilink be sourced or is the X24A peak time only... Hopefully it won't drop to hourly

There's a lot of layover built into the timetable at the moment to help recover if the service suffers any delays at peak time. I wonder if this layover will be removed, in favour of tighter turnarounds and extending the route, or if the X24A will be operated by gas buses (interworking with services 12/13)?

(26 Sep 2017, 1:46 pm)cbma06 Almost what Arriva did when there did a peak service between Newcastle and doxford park?, might be for stagecoach passengers in the Newcastle area traveling to work at doxy.

It'll be interesting to see if passenger demand has changed since 2013, when Arriva withdrew their X19 service due to low passenger numbers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/arriva-north-east-announce-changes-5589201

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - James101 - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 3:07 pm)Dan It'll be interesting to see if passenger demand has changed since 2013, when Arriva withdrew their X19 service due to low passenger numbers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/arriva-north-east-announce-changes-5589201

Hopefully Stagecoach's superior suburban networks in Sunderland & Newcastle will make the X24A attractive for season ticket holders.

(26 Sep 2017, 3:07 pm)Dan There's a lot of layover built into the timetable at the moment to help recover if the service suffers any delays at peak time. I wonder if this layover will be removed, in favour of tighter turnarounds and extending the route, or if the X24A will be operated by gas buses (interworking with services 12/13)?

It'll be interesting to see if passenger demand has changed since 2013, when Arriva withdrew their X19 service due to low passenger numbers.

They could do that, no changes for the 12/13 atm though...they might appear later this week.

Wonder what route it will take out of Sunderland.......

(26 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm)James101 Hopefully Stagecoach's superior suburban networks in Sunderland & Newcastle will make the X24A attractive for season ticket holders.

Hopefully, i think it will, that's why i think the X24 is working for them, the network they have in Sunderland and Newcastle is decent, and with the cheap prices for day tickets, even better.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 3:46 pm)James101 Hopefully Stagecoach's superior suburban networks in Sunderland & Newcastle will make the X24A attractive for season ticket holders.

When the X24 was initially launched, I wondered if it would replicate the X34 model and start from an estate and maybe pass through Doxford Park.
Obviously it didn't.

However, with this variation, it could now do that - assuming it goes via the A19 to/from Doxford Park.

(26 Sep 2017, 7:32 pm)Andreos1 When the X24 was initially launched, I wondered if it would replicate the X34 model and start from an estate and maybe pass through Doxford Park.
Obviously it didn't.

However, with this variation, it could now do that - assuming it goes via the A19 to/from Doxford Park.

Before the original route became knowledge, I did mention to stagecoach that the route could serve the estates, original route I proposed was starting at grangetown terminus then head over to ryhope-tunstall estate-doxy park-Farringdon-thorney- grindon-Hastings hill then A19, same as x34 serving the estates but not the town.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 8:14 pm)cbma06 Before the original route became knowledge, I did mention to stagecoach that the route could serve the estates, original route I proposed was starting at grangetown terminus then head over to ryhope-tunstall estate-doxy park-Farringdon-thorney- grindon-Hastings hill then A19, same as x34 serving the estates but not the town.

Problem is its not much of an express from Ryhope etc if it diverts through all those estates before running non stop from Hastings Hill.  I think their existing X24 model straight out along a major artery is part of what makes the X24 appealing to passengers.  I still think there could be a market for an X24 variant to run from City Centre along Durham Road, calling at Doxford Park at peak times then on to Newcastle non-stop. There's no competition (bus or metro) to Newcastle along the length of Durham Road.

(26 Sep 2017, 8:14 pm)cbma06 Before the original route became knowledge, I did mention to stagecoach that the route could serve the estates, original route I proposed was starting at grangetown terminus then head over to ryhope-tunstall estate-doxy park-Farringdon-thorney- grindon-Hastings hill then A19, same as x34 serving the estates but not the town.

Hopefully it's:
Doxford Park (peak time only) - Sunderland - Gateshead - Newcastle

Not sure what route it would do between Sunderland and Doxford Park..

Hope they don't remove it from the City Centre..

(26 Sep 2017, 8:36 pm)Michael Hopefully it's:
Doxford Park (peak time only) - Sunderland - Gateshead - Newcastle

Not sure what route it would do between Sunderland and Doxford Park..

Hope they don't remove it from the City Centre..

Could the X24A not just run from Doxford International direct to Gateshead, this would allow fast journey times. If it was to run via the city centre they would take the X1 off.

(26 Sep 2017, 8:33 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Problem is its not much of an express from Ryhope etc if it diverts through all those estates before running non stop from Hastings Hill.  I think their existing X24 model straight out along a major artery is part of what makes the X24 appealing to passengers.  I still think there could be a market for an X24 variant to run from City Centre along Durham Road, calling at Doxford Park at peak times then on to Newcastle non-stop. There's no competition (bus or metro) to Newcastle along the length of Durham Road.

So like a loop service at Peak times?

Doxford Park - Sunderland - Hastings hill - Gateshead - Newcastle - Doxford Park? - Only at Peak times.

Maybe the X24A will be on seperate board, nothing to do with the X24, like Dan suggested.

(26 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm)S830OFT Could the X24A not just run from Doxford International direct to Gateshead, this would allow fast journey times. If it was to run via the city centre they would take the X1 off.

If the X24a only runs peak times between doxy and Newcastle , Newcastle could put the bus on that run?

(26 Sep 2017, 8:44 pm)cbma06 If the X24a only runs peak times between doxy and Newcastle , Newcastle could put the bus on that run?

Not really as a journey on X24 is being pulled from Sunderland to Newcastle to allow the X24A to operate. So after doing the X24A to Newcastle it would return as the X24.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 26 Sep 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm)Michael So like a loop service at Peak times?

Doxford Park - Sunderland - Hastings hill - Gateshead - Newcastle - Doxford Park? - Only at Peak times.

Maybe the X24A will be on seperate board, nothing to do with the X24, like Dan suggested.

I was thinking more of a separate service - Sunderland direct via Durham Road & City Way to Doxford Park, direct via A19 to Newcastle picking up along Durham Road and Doxford Park then non stop.  Not sure passenger numbers would be enough to justify half hourly X24 and a Durham Road serivce though, and I imagine Stagecoach would want to keep a half hourly frequency via Chester Road as a fair number board/alight along that corridor.  Would be great if they could.

I think it's more likely though, particularly given it is just an A variation on the route number, that we'll just see peak am Newcastle depature(s) and peak pm Sundelrand departure(s) rerouted to run to Doxford Park instead of Chester Road and City Centre, as someone else suggested, sadly.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - big mac - 30 Sep 2017

Are the Sunday journeys that are being introduced on the X24 just for the run up to Christmas like the X34, or is it a permanent all year round Sunday service?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 01 Oct 2017

(30 Sep 2017, 6:46 pm)big mac Are the Sunday journeys that are being introduced on the X24 just for the run up to Christmas like the X34, or is it a permanent all year round Sunday service?

Hopefully permanent, it could just run likes its bank holiday service, between 10am and 4/5pm.