North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 01 Oct 2017

(01 Oct 2017, 12:12 pm)Michael Hopefully permanent, it could just run likes its bank holiday service, between 10am and 4/5pm.

I've wanted a Sunday service on the X34 for years still never happened

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 01 Oct 2017

(01 Oct 2017, 12:42 pm)Ds1197 I've wanted a Sunday service on the X34 for years still never happened

Not convinced the market would be there to cover the additional costs on a Sunday - though have wondered about maybe an hourly frequency or something like that (on either service).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 01 Oct 2017

(01 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Not convinced the market would be there to cover the additional costs on a Sunday - though have wondered about maybe an hourly frequency or something like that (on either service).

I think a Sunday service would work just use 3 37' vehicles instead of double deckers

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 01 Oct 2017

(01 Oct 2017, 12:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Not convinced the market would be there to cover the additional costs on a Sunday - though have wondered about maybe an hourly frequency or something like that (on either service).

I think it would be hourly, and running only between 10am and 5pm, was hoping they would introduce a service between 1729 and 1924 from Sunderland and 1840 and 2010 from Newcastle at some point, even if hourly.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - big mac - 01 Oct 2017

I still can't get my head around why Stagecoach haven't done this when you consider how well used the service is. There can be hardly a spare seat left on a double decker sometimes. Surely there is a demand for a Sunday service, even if it was just hourly during the daytime.

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Oct 2017

PB0002404/26 Registered
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: DSS Longbenton to Throckley - Byker
Service number: 991995 (991, 995)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 03 Dec 2017

PB0002404/75 Registered
Route: Four Lane Ends Metro to D.S.S Tyneview Park
Service number: 68 (68)

PB0002404/27 Registered
Route: Forest Hall or Four Lane Ends to Central Station or Metrocentre
Service number: 678 (6, 7, 8)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 06 Oct 2017

(26 Sep 2017, 10:51 am)Kuyoyo Indeed - hourly 13 to Hemlington and hourly 13a to Stainton.
The 10 meanwhile is re-routed via Keith Road and Linthorpe Road.

For the Busway change:
X34 is a revised route with the Horsely Hill loop reversed. Also the introduction of the Sunday journeys in the run-up to Christmas.
X24: Sunday journeys introduced as well as journeys to Doxford Park (from where not mentioned) which will operate as X24A.
16: Amended timetable and route in the Red House area
4: Minors changes to Weekday timetable
X1: amended timetable to better reflect shift patterns

Do you know what the changes are to the 23?, as it's my local route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 06 Oct 2017

Apologies if mentioned but common sense has prevailed with Stagecoach and the traffic commissioner, the X63 now omits Ballliol and West Farm during the Killingworth Bridge works.

That diversion which was adding huge delays is still being observed by Arriva who claim...nexus made us

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Oct 2017

Changes to Services X1, 4, 16, 23 and X24 from Sunday 19 November 2017

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-12/10/2017-11:41:49:610

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - big mac - 13 Oct 2017

It's a shame the x24 Sunday service isn't permanent.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S830OFT - 13 Oct 2017

(12 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm)Michael Changes to Services X1, 4, 16, 23 and X24 from Sunday 19 November 2017

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-12/10/2017-11:41:49:610

Hope the X24A won't cause confusion for passengers travelling to Chester Road.

I can see a few people boarding the x24a for Hastings hill and getting a shock when it turns off at the roundabout near the Shell garage.
I presume it isn't practical for the timetable to have it serve all the stops on Chester road and still serve doxford?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 13 Oct 2017

(13 Oct 2017, 11:33 am)big mac I can see a few people boarding the x24a for Hastings hill and getting a shock when it turns off at the roundabout near the Shell garage.
I presume it isn't practical for the timetable to have it serve all the stops on Chester road and still serve doxford?

A massive gap in the service, no swrvice after 3:30pm until after 7 now... Make or breaks the service to me, daft, why not have 1 to Doxford, 
Then Hastings Hill and the Doxford Park again.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - big mac - 13 Oct 2017

Yes it is poor that Hastings hill is not served for such a big period of the day. The stop at sevenoaks drive in particular is quite a well used one that will now have no mid afternoon service.
I'd suggest that this tinkering could be a bad move as the service is growing and now they have effectively cut it for at least a part of the route.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 13 Oct 2017

It's a very clear and obvious service gap, so if they were well used after 4pm, they wouldn't have been dropped from service. With the main patronage being Sunderland to Newcastle daytime, I wouldn't imagine them stops seeing much use after that time (currently 16:19 departure being the first). Journeys into Sunderland after that time remain unchanged - would be more concerned if they were removed.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 13 Oct 2017

Speaking of the X24 - how did we all miss this?! It's been a while since we last heard from Mr. Clifford!

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/north-east/2017/september/x24-service-welcomes-its-100000th-passenger

From what I remember, I have boarded the x24 three times at that time of day towards Newcastle, and somebody got on each time at at least one of the stops that will be missed out when the changes come in.
Granted, the number of people using the service in that direction at that time is never that high, I think about 6 was the most passengers I can remember.
However, I think a sensible compromise would be to have maintained at least one of the three afternoon peaks as the x24 regular route to avoid such a huge gap.

(13 Oct 2017, 1:22 pm)Dan Speaking of the X24 - how did we all miss this?! It's been a while since we last heard from Mr. Clifford!

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/news/north-east/2017/september/x24-service-welcomes-its-100000th-passenger

You only ever seem to accidentally find things when you're struggling to find other stuff on the Stagecoach website I've always found  [Image: rolleyes.gif]

(13 Oct 2017, 1:42 pm)big mac From what I remember, I have boarded the x24 three times at that time of day towards Newcastle, and somebody got on each time at at least one of the stops that will be missed out when the changes come in.
Granted, the number of people using the service in that direction at that time is never that high, I think about 6 was the most passengers I can remember.
However, I think a sensible compromise would be to have maintained at least one of the three afternoon peaks as the x24 regular route to avoid such a huge gap.

Well if there's enough wibble I'm sure they'll try and attempt something. They've been pretty good at taking customer feedback on board recently with the regional changes over the past 12 months, which is why I think it would have been (hopefully) thought out.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 13 Oct 2017

(12 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm)Michael Changes to Services X1, 4, 16, 23 and X24 from Sunday 19 November 2017

Half hourly Sunday X24 timetable? Its only hourly during the week isn't it?!

(13 Oct 2017, 2:30 pm)Cock Robin Half hourly Sunday X24 timetable? Its only hourly during the week isn't it?!

No no half hourly!