North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mrnut85 - 14 Sep 2015

(01 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm)AIG20 Monday 26th October is the School/College Half Term Holiday week. I assume this is when the X34 frequency will be increased to every 20 minutes; as it was usually mid-November when the pre-Christmas Sunday Service was introduced. If the X34 is permanently becoming a 20 minute frequency, I would assume a half-hourly Sunday service will permanently be introduced. I also think they should put more buses on an evening after 19:00 - as I think they run hourly past that time up until 21:30.
The service is going every 20 minutes from the 26th October with earlier services being introduced and an extra return journey to Newcastle in the afternoon. Sunday is still an Xmas thing and will be introduced the usual 6 - 8 weeks before hand.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 14 Sep 2015

(14 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm)mrnut85 The service is going every 20 minutes from the 26th October with earlier services being introduced and an extra return journey to Newcastle in the afternoon. Sunday is still an Xmas thing and will be introduced the usual 6 - 8 weeks before hand.

Cheers for the info, glad to see earlier journey's are being introduced along with an extra one from Newcastle.

Shame they aren't doing a full Sunday service during the year though.. think it would do well.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mrnut85 - 15 Sep 2015

(14 Sep 2015, 8:08 pm)Michael Cheers for the info, glad to see earlier journey's are being introduced along with an extra one from Newcastle.

Shame they aren't doing a full Sunday service during the year though.. think it would do well.
I'll be honest I was an X34 driver for a lot of years before I got promoted and the Xmas Sunday working doesn't make much money at all, at best it will break even over the 6 - 8 weeks it runs

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 17 Sep 2015

(09 Sep 2015, 7:14 am)Michael PB0002404/308 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: City Centre
Finish Point: Seaburn
Via:
Service Number: 101
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 26-SEP-2015
Other Details: Special service for Sunderland illuminations 2015 event, as requested by Sunderland City Council.

More info for the above service can be found here:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=6888

Its interesting the 101 is starting from Keel Square........

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 17 Sep 2015

Temporary closure of Prince Edward Road, Harton Nook, during October 2015

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5982

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 20 Sep 2015

Temporary closure of Whitburn Road on Saturday 26 October 2015, affecting Service 101 and E1

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=6928

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 23 Sep 2015

Sunderland Pride parade in Sunderland City Centre on Sunday 27 September 2015

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=3142

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 24 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 3:34 pm)Michael 0002404/4 - BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wallsend and Throckley given service number 22/22X effective from 25-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Just been looking on Traveline at the new times for these.
Appears the 22 will be extended from Wallsend via Rosehill, Battle Hill and Silverlink to Cobalt Business Park all day, with evening services terminating at Silverlink Retail Park.
22X will be a peak time only from Throckley to City via normal route then express to Cobalt (am) and back (pm).
Interesting move by Stagecoach

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm)tyresmoke Just been looking on Traveline at the new times for these.
Appears the 22 will be extended from Wallsend via Rosehill, Battle Hill and Silverlink to Cobalt Business Park all day, with evening services terminating at Silverlink Retail Park.
22X will be a peak time only from Throckley to City via normal route then express to Cobalt (am) and back (pm).

Interesting move from Stagecoach, i hope it works for them.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DanPicken - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm)tyresmoke Just been looking on Traveline at the new times for these.

Interesting this will be the use for 19194/6/7 and 19647.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 24 Sep 2015

Curious!
Didn't want to say interesting like the other two ;Wink

Whilst it opens up new links, I wonder if the 62/63 could have worked instead or even as well as?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 24 Sep 2015

Do you have a link to the timetable?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)Tom Do you have a link to the timetable?

It's available on Traveline's Journey Planner:
http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/planner

When you type in the usual details, click 'All Stops' to see times.

The evening 22Xs are timed bizarrely - they're scheduled to depart around 8 minutes after Go North East's X39 service, and if I remember rightly, four minutes after Arriva's X6 service. Go North East's express route from Cobalt offers a better specification vehicle (apart from the 16:05 departure which is a red Volvo B7TL) for the same priced day ticket (£3.90), though assuming the ADL Enviro400s which have recently transferred to Walkergate are indeed allocated to the 22 service, Stagecoach will be offering a better service during the day from Wallsend (on paper).

Bit of competition every now and again keeps the operators on their toes - most unusual of Stagecoach though!

(24 Sep 2015, 5:28 pm)Dan It's available on Traveline's Journey Planner:
http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/planner

When you type in the usual details, click 'All Stops' to see times.

The evening 22Xs are timed bizarrely - they're scheduled to depart around 8 minutes after Go North East's X39 service, and if I remember rightly, four minutes after Arriva's X6 service. Go North East's express route from Cobalt offers a better specification vehicle (apart from the 16:05 departure which is a red Volvo B7TL) for the same priced day ticket (£3.90), though assuming the ADL Enviro400s which have recently transferred to Walkergate are indeed allocated to the 22 service, Stagecoach will be offering a better service during the day from Wallsend (on paper).

Bit of competition every now and again keeps the operators on their toes - most unusual of Stagecoach though!

Thanks!

Also noting it's the same price on the Coaster too, but a lot of people use the Coaster to connect with the 17 to Holy Cross, and Willington etc. so that day ticket will still be better value. Will be interesting to see how passenger loadings are on the Coaster after the 22 is introduced.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MurdnunoC - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 5:04 pm)Andreos1 Curious!
Didn't want to say interesting like the other two ;Wink

Whilst it opens up new links, I wonder if the 62/63 could have worked instead or even as well as?

It is a bold move by Stagecoach. 

I don't think the 62/63 would work in terms of offering a link between Newcastle and Cobalt, but it could offer something for passengers travelling to Cobalt who reside in the Longbenton/Forest Hall/West Moor and Killingworth area. Likewise, by extending either the 12, 39 or 40 to Cobalt, a brand-new connection would be created from Walker and the East End for passengers.

(24 Sep 2015, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC It is a bold move by Stagecoach. 

I don't think the 62/63 would work in terms of offering a link between Newcastle and Cobalt, but it could offer something for passengers travelling to Cobalt who reside in the Longbenton/Forest Hall/West Moor and Killingworth area. Likewise, by extending either the 12, 39 or 40 to Cobalt, a brand-new connection would be created from Walker and the East End for passengers.

22 is the best option because it will basically provide direct competition for the 1. Will be interesting if they can beat the £1.50 Wallsend/Byker area single fare though!

(24 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm)Tom 22 is the best option because it will basically provide direct competition for the 1. Will be interesting if they can beat the £1.50 Wallsend/Byker area single fare though!

Depends how badly they want the custom. As history shows, Stagecoach certainly aren't beyond undercutting their competitors.

(24 Sep 2015, 5:45 pm)MurdnunoC Depends how badly they want the custom. As history shows, Stagecoach certainly aren't beyond undercutting their competitors.

Aye will be interesting to see what happens with this! Big improvements though for Rosehill, six extra buses to Wallsend, Byker and Newcastle. That'll mean there will be 14 buses per hour from Rosehill to Wallsend!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC It is a bold move by Stagecoach. 

(24 Sep 2015, 5:41 pm)Tom 22 is the best option because it will basically provide direct competition for the 1. Will be interesting if they can beat the £1.50 Wallsend/Byker area single fare though!

There is also the likes of the 12.

The potential is quite big. I am guessing a number of people working in and around Cobalt, live in Newcastle and it's suburbs - areas of Newcastle that the other operators just can't or haven't penetrated.
Based on a 5 day working week, it can cost as little as £2.56 per day for a 7 day T&W Megarider.

It also opens up potential for people to move onto the 100, rather than staying loyal to the incumbent around Rosehill etc., when travelling to the Metrocentre

(24 Sep 2015, 5:58 pm)Andreos1 It also opens up potential for people to move onto the 100, rather than staying loyal to the incumbent around Rosehill etc., when travelling to the Metrocentre

True. As both services stop at Central Station, it would be just as easy for passengers to transfer between services there as it would between the 1 and the X66 at Gateshead.

However, coming back passengers would probably need to alight at The Odeon and walk around the corner to return on the 22.