North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 7:23 pm)AIG20 Does that mean their could be some transfers between depots once the school term ends due to the gaining of multiple nexus contracts? As there will be no-more need for duplicates with the ending of COVID restrictions. Also, Sunderland usually borrows a decker from Newcastle every Summer for the E's. I wonder if that will be happening this year with the open-tops being used?

Could Stagecoach be gaining more school contracts as well?

Sure I read that tridents were rumoured to be arriving in the NE, I can't even remember where now.

School buses more than likely although, I would like to see them gain the 8 (Sunderland Docks to South Hylton) back.

Edit:

Stagecoach hasn't ran a service in Castletown since around 2010? when they ran the 36A/36C, for NEXUS.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - AIG20 - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 7:46 pm)Michael Sure I read that tridents were rumoured to be arriving in the NE, I can't even remember where now.

School buses more than likely although, I would like to see them gain the 8 (Sunderland Docks to South Hylton) back.

That's great. That could mean more services receiving some double deckers, that would interwork with scholars services.

The 516 would also be a good gain for Stagecoach - the routes gained may get more passengers assuming normal stagecoach tickets can be used.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 09 Jul 2021

Ooooo,hopefully Newcaatle will gain some of the Nexus contracts

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Micheal Aaron - 09 Jul 2021

Have stagecoach ever ran the 84 as that would be a good contract to win

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - GNE6312 - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 8:11 pm)Micheal Aaron Have stagecoach ever ran the 84 as that would be a good contract to win
Before GCT It was operated by Stanley travel using their Ex Metrobus solo and Mini SR, before that it was phoenix and before that it was arriva using a Jesmond based solo.

I do wonder what the 99 will be allocated

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - OrangeArrow49 - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm)GNE6312 Before GCT It was operated by Stanley travel using their Ex Metrobus solo and Mini SR, before that it was phoenix and before that it was arriva using a Jesmond based solo.

Before that it was the 4 from Callerton to Metrocentre, operated by Veolia Transport.

Stagecoach has never and should never operate the 84/84A. It's a good alternative to Stagecoach (although not always well operated by GCT)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Micheal Aaron - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm)GNE6312
Does the 99 need a small bus allocated or can it have anything allocated to it

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - N1cholas - 09 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 8:48 pm)Micheal Aaron Does the 99 need a small bus allocated or can it have anything allocated to it
Im sure contracts are allocated on a minimum capacity basis so a bus must have a minimum of XX capacity so any vehicle over that capacity would satisfy the contract, it is no good sending a 10-12 meter long bus around an estate with poor clearance's for turning or known parked car problems so common sense has to be used for the correct allocation

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - ThomasBooth123 - 09 Jul 2021

Gateshead Central Taxis often used a MMC or a Streetlite sooooo

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 10 Jul 2021

(09 Jul 2021, 6:59 pm)Dan It won’t be the only one either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/MrSaidTweets/status/1413848624719699970

These might do for all those extra contracts Angel Angel

I noticed on the new timetable for the 13, on bustimes.org, that the 13 will stop at stand R in Park Lane - the 22:20 from Doxford Park only -

https://bustimes.org/services/13-town-end-farm-hylton-castle-doxford-park-farrin?date=2021-07-18

Anyone know why?, the 16 also does it.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 10 Jul 2021

(10 Jul 2021, 6:17 pm)Michael I noticed on the new timetable for the 13, on bustimes.org, that the 13 will stop at stand R in Park Lane - the 22:20 from Doxford Park only -

https://bustimes.org/services/13-town-end-farm-hylton-castle-doxford-park-farrin?date=2021-07-18

Anyone know why?, the 16 also does it.

It’s a tradition which is believed to have had roots to the days of tram operation in Sunderland. Back then, there would be a line-up of trams in Fawcett Street waiting for the whistle to send some northwards towards Southwick, Fulwell and Seaburn and some southwards towards Villette Road, Grangetown, Durham Road or Kayll Road.

This continued into the 1970s when the point inspector in the Central Bus Station would blow his whistle spot on 11pm and every last bus would shut its doors and race to the outer estates and back to either Hylton Road or Fulwell depots and in later years the Wheatsheaf.

Quite a quirky little thing that Stagecoach still do - not too sure what benefit it has!

(10 Jul 2021, 8:06 pm)Dan It’s a tradition which is believed to have had roots to the days of tram operation in Sunderland. Back then, there would be a line-up of trams in Fawcett Street waiting for the whistle to send some northwards towards Southwick, Fulwell and Seaburn and some southwards towards Villette Road, Grangetown, Durham Road or Kayll Road.

This continued into the 1970s when the point inspector in the Central Bus Station would blow his whistle spot on 11pm and every last bus would shut its doors and race to the outer estates and back to either Hylton Road or Fulwell depots and in later years the Wheatsheaf.

Quite a quirky little thing that Stagecoach still do - not too sure what benefit it has!

Ah right!

Does seem pointless.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 12 Jul 2021

Information on bus org about the 99

Nexus award. Service to secure hospital links.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - 54APhotography - 12 Jul 2021

What is the contract minimum on the 99?  Would a couple of Mercedes 516 from the TeesFlex fleet do? GCT used to usually operate it with Mercedes/Mellor minibuses

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 12 Jul 2021

(12 Jul 2021, 7:00 am)54APhotography What is the contract minimum on the 99?  Would a couple of Mercedes 516 from the TeesFlex fleet do? GCT used to usually operate it with Mercedes/Mellor minibuses

There’s no chance of any of the Flex Sprinters being taken from Stockton - the FLEX PVR is 9 including the Middlesbrough Vaccination Shuttle (that is worked by one of the 2 Stockton-based vehicles that would normally provide the Stockton and Darlington zone - majority of that zone at present is provided by Hartlepool). That only leaves 2 spares between the two depots - so if Sunderland need a Sprinter or two for the 99, they’ll need to ask elsewhere.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - 54APhotography - 12 Jul 2021

(12 Jul 2021, 7:10 am)Kuyoyo There’s no chance of any of the Flex Sprinters being taken from Stockton - the FLEX PVR is 9 including the Middlesbrough Vaccination Shuttle (that is worked by one of the 2 Stockton-based vehicles that would normally provide the Stockton and Darlington zone - majority of that zone at present is provided by Hartlepool). That only leaves 2 spares between the two depots - so if Sunderland need a Sprinter or two for the 99, they’ll need to ask elsewhere.
Ah, I thought there was more slack in the fleet, guess a couple of solos on their last legs are available somewhere!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - streetdeckfan - 12 Jul 2021

(12 Jul 2021, 12:34 pm)54APhotography Ah, I thought there was more slack in the fleet, guess a couple of solos on their last legs are available somewhere!

GCT might have a couple going cheap if they're losing all their contracts!

(12 Jul 2021, 12:39 pm)streetdeckfan GCT might have a couple going cheap if they're losing all their contracts!
Aye that's true  Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 12 Jul 2021

I’d hazard it will be a E200 - considering the 939 workings are also attached, increasing the number of Stagecoach working to Team Valley.