North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 24 Sep 2015

Timetable for X34 is also online at traveline. Check Monday 26 October

Will be departing Pilgrim Street at 15..35...55 mins past each hour.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 24 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 5:38 pm)MurdnunoC It is a bold move by Stagecoach. 

I don't think the 62/63 would work in terms of offering a link between Newcastle and Cobalt, but it could offer something for passengers travelling to Cobalt who reside in the Longbenton/Forest Hall/West Moor and Killingworth area. Likewise, by extending either the 12, 39 or 40 to Cobalt, a brand-new connection would be created from Walker and the East End for passengers.

They could if they were brave move the finishing point of the 1 at peak times to Quorum, DWP Tyneview Park or DSS Longbenton , probably unlikely though with the 68

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 25 Sep 2015

Now that is interesting! Though for a route beset by reliability issues, extending the route by this much is very risky... I doubt this is a serious move to compete with the other companies, though. It opens up opportunities for the vast majority of Newcastle bus users who currently have to use two companies to get to Cobalt to get there using a Stagecoach only ticket, which is cheaper for them. It wouldn't surprise me if this has been requested by several residents and been deemed commercially possible...

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MurdnunoC - 25 Sep 2015

(25 Sep 2015, 12:07 pm)markydh Now that is interesting! Though for a route beset by reliability issues, extending the route by this much is very risky... I doubt this is a serious move to compete with the other companies, though. It opens up opportunities for the vast majority of Newcastle bus users who currently have to use two companies to get to Cobalt to get there using a Stagecoach only ticket, which is cheaper for them. It wouldn't surprise me if this has been requested by several residents and been deemed commercially possible...

While I agree the motive behind the extension probably isn't to attract custom from passengers currently using service 1 between Rosehill and Newcastle, the frequency of the service (every 10 mins), in my opinion, very much suggests that this is a serious move to compete with other companies between Newcastle (or Wallsend) and Cobalt. If this extension was introduced to offer Stagecoach customers a token bus service to/from Cobalt then, perhaps, a 20 or 30 minute frequency would suffice. However, it seems Stagecoach are prepared to go someway to match whats on offer from competing operators by offering a 10 minute frequency; introducing an express variant during peak-times; and by continuing the extension to Cobalt/Silverlink on Evenings/Sundays. I may be wrong here, but surely this would suggest a serious intent to compete - wouldn't it?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 25 Sep 2015

The other possibility is that the ever expanding Cobalt is funding it because I have never known Stagecoach actually take a risk like this in the 14 years I have lived in Newcastle!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 25 Sep 2015

(25 Sep 2015, 3:25 pm)markydh The other possibility is that the ever expanding Cobalt is funding it because I have never known Stagecoach actually take a risk like this in the 14 years I have lived in Newcastle!

Wish they would take the risk in Sunderland!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - stagecoachbusdepot - 25 Sep 2015

(25 Sep 2015, 3:28 pm)Michael Wish they would take the risk in Sunderland!

What changes would you make to the Sunderland network?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Acky81 - 25 Sep 2015

Wish Sunderland would have a big shake up. Needs some new routes

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 28 Sep 2015

Road Closure - Durham Road, Sunderland, Sunday 04 October 2015 - affecting services 3, 4 and 23
Sunderland City Council have advised that, due to urgent gas works, a section of Durham Road, Sunderland will be closed
Last Updated: 30 September 2015 10:23 AM

On Sunday 04 October 2015, we have been advised that, due to urgent gas works, a section of Durham Road, Sunderland will be closed eastbound, between the junction of Ettrick Grove and The Barnes gyratory from 08:00. There are no timescales as to how long this work will take, although the closure may continue into the evening, until the repairs have been completed

Services will only be affected heading towards town. Buses will be diverted along Premier Road and Silksworth Lane, rejoining original route at The Barnes gyratory.

Buses will be unable to observe stops around the Prospect and Sunderland College area, although all stops will be observed along the diversion.

Clearly, whilst we will be attempting to operate Services 3, 4 and 23 in accordance with published timetables, there is nonetheless the potential that some trips may be subject to delay.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=6997

(25 Sep 2015, 5:00 pm)stagecoachbusdepot What changes would you make to the Sunderland network?

Sorry for the reply, i forgot about it! 

4 - Changed to service Doxford International every 20 minutes, rest of the route stays the same but Silksworth Road drops to every 20 minutes. 
23 - Thorney Close - City Centre - Seaburn - Dene Estate - every 10 minutes, every 20 minutes on a Sunday, every 30 minutes on an evening. 

Currently working on changes to the 18/19... will edit this post when i do them.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 11:28 am)Michael Sorry for the reply, i forgot about it! 

4 - Changed to service Doxford International every 20 minutes, rest of the route stays the same but Silksworth Road drops to every 20 minutes. 
23 - Thorney Close - City Centre - Seaburn - Dene Estate - every 10 minutes, every 20 minutes on a Sunday, every 30 minutes on an evening. 

Currently working on changes to the 18/19... will edit this post when i do them.

I thought service 23 ran along this route every 10 minutes?.

(28 Sep 2015, 12:57 pm)cbma06 I thought service 23 ran along this route every 10 minutes?.

Not down towards the seafront, only on Sundays when it serves Morrisons.

(25 Sep 2015, 5:00 pm)stagecoachbusdepot What changes would you make to the Sunderland network?

depends if Stagecoach wants to expand out further with the Sunderland Network, even though Stagecoach in Sunderland are just contempt with their own little unit of bus services with higher fares year by year, maybe a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool then onwards to either Stockton or Middlesbrough with an express theme.

(28 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm)cbma06 depends if Stagecoach wants to expand out further with the Sunderland Network, even though Stagecoach in Sunderland are just contempt with their own little unit of bus services with higher fares year by year, maybe a service connecting Sunderland with Hartlepool then onwards to either Stockton or Middlesbrough with an express theme.

I read someone else's suggestion of extending the X34 to Seaburn, to allow better links to the route... i think that would be a good idea.

(28 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm)Michael Not down towards the seafront, only on Sundays when it serves Morrisons.

I cant see any value of running service 23 down to the sea front, while stagecoach has service E6 running every 20 minutes on Dykelands Road (old 24 route) and stagecoach has service E1,E2,E6 all running every 20 minutes freq between the town and Seaburn Front. bring back the E3 lol, used to like getting on the E3 when their had the South Shields minibuses on them, crowded as out lol lol.

(28 Sep 2015, 1:12 pm)cbma06 I cant see any value of running service 23 down to the sea front, while stagecoach has service E6 running every 20 minutes on Dykelands Road (old 24 route) and stagecoach has service E1,E2,E6 all running every 20 minutes freq between the town and Seaburn Front. bring back the E3 lol, used to like getting on the E3 when their had the South Shields minibuses on them, crowded as out lol lol.

Only suggested it because the 18/19 take years. 

The E's do the job but why not have something new.

(28 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm)Michael Only suggested it because the 18/19 take years. 

The E's do the job but why not have something new.

I still remember when the 18 and 19 used to run every 20 minutes each during the day and every 30 minutes sundays and evenings, sundays and evenings got took off because stagecoach wanted the passengers to go through the town to transfer onto another service to make the connection, still remember when the 18/19 used to go to Whitburn.

I remember when their cancelled the 18 and 19 sunday journeys, as the 18 and 19 didn't ran for 3 days, Saturday was normal, Sunday 1st day, Monday bank holiday sunday service 2nd day, Tuesday was the queens birthday so another bank holiday 3rd day.

Stagecoach in Sunderland doesn't do anything new these days. streamline their bus services, took off the minbus services which helped local elderly passengers in the estates

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MVK 500R - 28 Sep 2015

(24 Sep 2015, 2:25 pm)tyresmoke Just been looking on Traveline at the new times for these.
Appears the 22 will be extended from Wallsend via Rosehill, Battle Hill and Silverlink to Cobalt Business Park all day, with evening services terminating at Silverlink Retail Park.
22X will be a peak time only from Throckley to City via normal route then express to Cobalt (am) and back (pm).
Interesting move by Stagecoach

Very interesting move by Stagecoach.  As a regular user of the 1 between Rosehill and Newcastle, it'll be interesting to see how the service fares against the 15 minute frequency of the 1.  As for me personally, I'll be spoilt as to what bus to get to work.  I think it could be a good move, as the 1 is regularly operated by single decker Scania's, and the 7:53, 8:03 and 8:23 1's are usually full by the time I get on it.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 5:38 pm)MVK 500R Very interesting move by Stagecoach.  As a regular user of the 1 between Rosehill and Newcastle, it'll be interesting to see how the service fares against the 15 minute frequency of the 1.  As for me personally, I'll be spoilt as to what bus to get to work.  I think it could be a good move, as the 1 is regularly operated by single decker Scania's, and the 7:53, 8:03 and 8:23 1's are usually full by the time I get on it.

Same here, often use it to Newcastle. On the whole it is a very reliable service (something which the 22 isn't at the minute!) so I'll probably stick with that, or possibly just get the first bus that comes. Don't forget the 1 will be a lot quicker though, as it won't serve Wallsend Interchange and there won't be changeovers at Walkergate depot like the 22 will.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - roar - 28 Sep 2015

(28 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm)cbma06 I still remember when the 18 and 19 used to run every 20 minutes each during the day and every 30 minutes sundays and evenings, sundays and evenings got took off because stagecoach wanted the passengers to go through the town to transfer onto another service to make the connection, still remember when the 18/19 used to go to Whitburn.

Request by a member of the council for a bus service around South Bents seen the Whitburn change.

(28 Sep 2015, 1:27 pm)cbma06 Stagecoach in Sunderland doesn't do anything new these days.

Watch this space, big Director changes in the last year or two and things are in the pipe line, just like we are seeing with the Newcastle 22 at the moment.