North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 05 Mar 2015

Gateshead Reserves won 7-2 in the semi final of the Durham Challenge Cup semi final and face Shildon in the final. Funnily enough the final is being played in Durham, so Davie won't be there ?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 10:59 am)leestransportphotos Gateshead Reserves won 7-2 in the semi final of the Durham Challenge Cup semi final and face Shildon in the final. Funnily enough the final is being played in Durham, so Davie won't be there ?
Thought the Final was always played at The Hetton Centre on Good Friday

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 11:27 am)MrFozz Thought the Final was always played at The Hetton Centre on Good Friday

Is that not classed as County Durham? Tongue

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 05 Mar 2015

It is not in County Durham actually, it is City of Sunderland, but in footballing terms it is indeed County Durham as all teams from South of the Tyne to the North of the Tees are affilliated to the Durham FA...

Just when you said Durham, I assumed you meant New Ferens Park...

Will ya be taking Davie, or does the meer mention of the word Durham make him need to change his underpants Big Grin spending time in Hetton will make him realise it is a nice enough place

I'll try and drag him along

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 05 Mar 2015

Newcastle United forward Papiss Demba Cisse looks like he will now be banned for 7 games

(05 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm)Davie Newcastle United forward Papiss Demba Cisse looks like he will now be banned for 7 games
So he should as well, spitting in someones face is vile

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:01 pm)MrFozz So he should as well, spitting in someones face is vile

To be honest I'd give both Cisse and Jonny Evans longer bans, as you said, it's vile

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 05 Mar 2015

At least Cisse had the decency to admit to it and apologise, unlike Evans, who because he plays for Man U, will probably appeal and be let off...

(05 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)mb134 At least Cisse had the decency to admit to it and apologise, unlike Evans, who because he plays for Man U, will probably appeal and be let off...

I agree with you there

(05 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm)mb134 At least Cisse had the decency to admit to it and apologise, unlike Evans, who because he plays for Man U, will probably appeal and be let off...
I agree with that as well, spitting in someones face is vile if you ask me

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 05 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:31 pm)MrFozz I agree with that as well, spitting in someones face is vile if you ask me

Oh aye, I'm not defending his actions, it's just Cisse is clearly the better person. Evans can hardly deny it, it was on live TV, he just looks like a coward.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 06 Mar 2015

(05 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm)mb134 Oh aye, I'm not defending his actions, it's just Cisse is clearly the better person. Evans can hardly deny it, it was on live TV, he just looks like a coward.

BTW, Jonny Evans has not actually denied spitting, he has denied doing it deliberatey, while I am not defending him, it is easy done if your 'having words' with someone

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 07 Mar 2015

Tits

What a set of wankers...

I say the FA should scrub the result and make them replay on a neutral ground behind closed doors, no need for that behaviour

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adam - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 10:36 pm)MrFozz Tits

What a set of wankers...

I say the FA should scrub the result and make them replay on a neutral ground behind closed doors, no need for that behaviour

I really don't see the point in invaiding the pitch. The people who do it are complete lunatics. It's totally unnecessary and is just plain ignorant. The problem is though, they're like sheep. You've got the shepherd (the person who originally runs onto the pitch), and a bunch of sheep who are so oblivious to the disruption they cause then follow.

It wholly ruined the match.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Adam I really don't see the point in invaiding the pitch. The people who do it are complete lunatics. It's totally unnecessary and is just plain ignorant. The problem is though, they're like sheep. You've got the shepherd (the person who originally runs onto the pitch), and a bunch of sheep who are so oblivious to the disruption they cause then follow.

It wholly ruined the match.

It's stupid. Running on the pitch like a tit, and risking a banning order. 

It's very rare I agree with Mark Lawrenson, but he's spot on about the lack of stewards. They've got no choice there other than to let them on the pitch, as they haven't the manpower to stop them.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - R852 PRG - 07 Mar 2015

Saw about them running on the pitch on 60 Seconds.

At first I was worried because I thought at the first images I saw, it was Hillsborough or something will all the fans running on the pitch, etc, but after reading this - I think they should strip their victory.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 08 Mar 2015

They've made a fool of themselves there, and it's disgraceful how fans behave like that.

But I completely disagree with the comments about stripping their victory.
How is it the players fault, who worked hard, if fans decided to evade the pitch?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 08 Mar 2015

Gateshead lost again!! Sad Going down 1-0 to Braintree with Kenny Davis scoring a penalty after a SHIT Matty Pattison tackle

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 08 Mar 2015

(08 Mar 2015, 12:25 am)Tom They've made a fool of themselves there, and it's disgraceful how fans behave like that.

But I completely disagree with the comments about stripping their victory.
How is it the players fault, who worked hard, if fans decided to evade the pitch?

It has happened before where a result was scrubbed after a pitch invasion and replayed, it has happened to Newcastle, that was about 40 years ago though, lol.

Police should pick out a few faces, give them a 6 o'clock knock and see they get hefty banning orders, they won't find everybody who was on the pitch, but an example should be made of some.

Aston Villa should be done, the standard of stewarding is a joke, West Brom should be brought up for there fans behaviour, ripping seats up etc. As for punishment, might be a bit harsh to strip Villas victory, Villa should have there allocation for Wembley slashed and Quarter Final Prize Money taken away at least.

Pitch invasions like this are quite hard ti stop, if thousands want to invade the playing area, it would be hard for the stewards and police to stop it, there is only one real way to stop encroachment, and we don't ever want to see that again, big fences around the perimeter.

I also ain't keen on Lawrenson either, but he was spot on, why do it, your winning, there is no need for it, and had a giggle when he said 'Lots of villages have lost there idiots' or something along those lines.

When it comes to pitch invasions, what should be done about them in general, should there be a harsh punishment regardless of what is going on, it is a tradition virtually every year at lower league clubs at the end of the season when a team gets promoted, wins the league and in the Cup when a non-League team beats the big boys, do the FA stamp down and say 'Pitch Invasions of any kind, whether it is good natured or not will be frowned up and clubs heavily punished'. What we saw yesterday, clearly was not in good spirits, despite there team getting to Wembley.