North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MurdnunoC - 27 Apr 2015

Yup. Well done to Bournemouth. The South Coast has a derby again.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 27 Apr 2015

(27 Apr 2015, 8:44 pm)MurdnunoC It doesn't have to be if you're prepared to take a dispassionate, rational view of the game. 

I don't support any particular team, I like to see all North Eastern teams do well, but I think supporters, especially around the North East, tend to have an unrealistic view about what their team can feasibly achieve. 

Newcastle and Sunderland are, at best, mid-table Premiership teams. Middlesbrough, at best, are either Championship promotion contenders or Premiership relegation candidates. And so on and so on. Supporters accuse the boards Newcastle and Sunderland of lacking ambition. Ideally, they would like some Sheikh sugar daddy or Russian oligarch to come along and bankroll the club to glory, however, even if this did happen, I reckon they'd still struggle to crack the top five. 

Not everyone can be number one!
Thats why I am not too bothered about Sunderland anymore

COME ON DARLO Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 28 Apr 2015

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32488280 I thought Newcastle were horrendous...

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 1:38 am)Davie http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32488280 I thought Newcastle were horrendous...
Poor bastards

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Davie - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 1:55 am)MrFozz Poor bastards

You've got to feel for them

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 1:57 am)Davie You've got to feel for them
Aye...

But as the League Sec. Said 'Rules are Rules'

Some Rugby Teams would be proud of some of those results 28-0, 39-0

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 28 Apr 2015

(27 Apr 2015, 8:44 pm)MurdnunoC It doesn't have to be if you're prepared to take a dispassionate, rational view of the game. 

I don't support any particular team, I like to see all North Eastern teams do well, but I think supporters, especially around the North East, tend to have an unrealistic view about what their team can feasibly achieve. 

Newcastle and Sunderland are, at best, mid-table Premiership teams. Middlesbrough, at best, are either Championship promotion contenders or Premiership relegation candidates. And so on and so on. Supporters accuse the boards Newcastle and Sunderland of lacking ambition. Ideally, they would like some Sheikh sugar daddy or Russian oligarch to come along and bankroll the club to glory, however, even if this did happen, I reckon they'd still struggle to crack the top five. 

Not everyone can be number one!

Obviously I can't speak for everyone and whilst their will be some who want the rich sugar daddy to step in, a lot of the people I speak to, want players who make an effort, appear to give a toss and a team that will excite supporters in terms of a cup run or pushing for Europe.
That isn't too much to expect and the issue lies with Newcastle seemingly content on Premier League mediocrity. A spokesman is widely reported to have said that would be at the expense of a cup run.

Heck, even in the dark days, at least a Newcastle supporter could anticipate or dream about a run to the quarter finals or beyond. I remember being on cloud 9 the day Newcastle hammered Swindon, even if it turned out a year or two later, that Lou Macari had been betting against his team that day...
Now it is the nightmare of the usual third round defeat to a lower division team.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 11:08 am)Andreos1 Obviously I can't speak for everyone and whilst their will be some who want the rich sugar daddy to step in, a lot of the people I speak to, want players who make an effort, appear to give a toss and a team that will excite supporters in terms of a cup run or pushing for Europe.
That isn't too much to expect and the issue lies with Newcastle seemingly content on Premier League mediocrity. A spokesman is widely reported to have said that would be at the expense of a cup run.

Heck, even in the dark days, at least a Newcastle supporter could anticipate or dream about a run to the quarter finals or beyond. I remember being on cloud 9 the day Newcastle hammered Swindon, even if it turned out a year or two later, that Lou Macari had been betting against his team that day...
Now it is the nightmare of the usual third round defeat to a lower division team.

When it comes to the FA Cup, no higher up teams could give a monkeys toss about it, and Dave Kitson caused controversy when in 2008 he said "We are not going to win the FA Cup and I do not care less about it, to be honest."

I remember the days when The FA cup actually meant something and was as/if not more prestigious than winning the League Sad

As for a 'Sugar Daddy', as I support Darlo, I dont want to see a Sugar Daddy within a million miles of the club, we were close to going down the swanny twice before we effectively went bust on 2012...

Yes, defeats upset me, and frustrate me, but I would rather see lads who put the effort and lads who play for the love of the game, our squad have full time jobs and still can put some good graft in, 11 hardworkers beats 11 greedy, prima donna, money chasing, mercenary morons Big Grin

Next season will be interesting to say the least and massive for Bournemouth...

Here is hoping Brentford can reach the play offs and win it, another decent side from this season...

Anybody see the Tweet Charlton put out on Twitter

[Image: fd6add6c9116bba7b7287ea94c6552d0.jpg]
Bournemouth celebrating like they've completely ruled out a 19-0 defeat at The Valley on Saturday. We'll see... #cafc

Class hahaha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 28 Apr 2015

CONFIRMED - Gary Mills has been named the new manager of Wrexham AFC

I hope this guy recovers soon:

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 28 Apr 2015

Steve Harper has been outstanding tonight for Hull! Any more laid back and he'll fall over

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 8:30 pm)leestransportphotos Steve Harper has been outstanding tonight for Hull! Any more laid back and he'll fall over

I think that's what Hull have been missing! He was great in the Palace game too, much better than McGregor.

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 8:32 pm)Tom I think that's what Hull have been missing! He was great in the Palace game too, much better than McGregor.

Thank you! Someone agrees with me on this! He has been outstanding in the last 2 games and the best player on the pitch tonight

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 28 Apr 2015

(28 Apr 2015, 8:36 pm)leestransportphotos Thank you! Someone agrees with me on this! He has been outstanding in the last 2 games and the best player on the pitch tonight

Yeah he was. Both goalkeepers were good to be fair.

Wigan Athletic and Millwall have been relegated from the Sky Bet Championship

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 29 Apr 2015

The Rise and Fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation

Can't say I am surprised at this, nor will I miss them, Gillford Park is a twat of a place to get to...

Wanted too much too quick

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 29 Apr 2015

Another example of a non league club that try to buy there way out and fail. It is unfortunate though

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 29 Apr 2015

(29 Apr 2015, 7:55 am)leestransportphotos Another example of a non league club that try to buy there way out and fail. It is unfortunate though
While we are talking about financial shit...

How are The Heed doing financially these days? Is Mr Wood still bankrolling them???

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 29 Apr 2015

I love your little digs ;-)

Yep he is because he loves the club.... Unlike some of Darlo's past owners  Tongue

(29 Apr 2015, 8:06 am)leestransportphotos I love your little digs ;-)

Yep he is

I try and do it in a way that does not upset you, you are an emotional lad, quite fragile I imagine Wink

Basically I asked for a reason, is there a plan in place for if(not saying he ever would) Graham Wood decided to stop spunking money on Gateshead...

I hope it never happens, but it could