North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: football - Andreos1 - 12 Jan 2014

having seen the Tiote goal again and the analysis on motd2, I genuinely cant see why it was disallowed.

edit. Heres what Pardew thinks of Pellegrini.
http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/6263012310918164

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 17 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 9:00 am)Tom Mine are similar:

Top 4 -
Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham

Bottom 3 -
Crystal Palace
Sunderland
Fulham

Not Spuds, I hate them, I would rather Liverpool finish top 4 than them...

After Saturday, I wonder if Sunderland can go on and pull out, or was that just false hope

RE: football - Andreos1 - 21 Jan 2014

The Chronicle are doing features on players from the past.
Tomorrow features this fella.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/sn-b5q2wrRk

RE: football - Adrian - 21 Jan 2014

(21 Jan 2014, 9:16 pm)andreos1 The Chronicle are doing features on players from the past.
Tomorrow features this fella.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/sn-b5q2wrRk

One of my favourite Newcastle players ever. So underrated, but he was absolute quality. I miss that St James atmosphere too to be honest. It's not the same any more.

RE: football - MrFozz - 22 Jan 2014

Rob Lee was a class player and an even better man, when I was a kid I asked him for his john hancock on my England shirt at the time, he was getting his haircut, I must have stood around outside the hairdressers for a good 20 minutes freezing my tit ends off waiting for him...Quality bloke

RE: football - Andreos1 - 22 Jan 2014

Agree with all of those comments.
Seemed a genuine bloke too.

However this little fella is up there with my all time favourites, even higher than Robert Lee
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qiDQmUDudRY

Some of the stuff he did (consistently) was top notch.
He even scored in a win versus Sunderland! Not many of them these days.

Come on lads 'fess up, did anyone see that result coming from Old Trafford...I didn't, lol

RE: football - Dan - 22 Jan 2014

I think my walls crumbled somewhat when the bloke next door declared to the street, "We're going to Wembley".

RE: football - Michael - 22 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 10:33 pm)fozzovmurton Come on lads 'fess up, did anyone see that result coming from Old Trafford...I didn't, lol

I didn't either, buzzing

Now for City in the Final, there pretty unbeatable at the moment, but Sunderland have proved they can be beaten, on this occasion though I think it will be a normal day at the office for City 3-1

(22 Jan 2014, 11:18 pm)fozzovmurton Now for City in the Final, there pretty unbeatable at the moment, but Sunderland have proved they can be beaten, on this occasion though I think it will be a normal day at the office for City 3-1

Didn't know the score until I logged on and checked my twitter and fb feed.
They have gone mental!

Two common themes:
* Poyet is loved by every Sunderland supporter the world over and they want his babies.

* Newcastle supporters chipping in with the UEFA rule book, explaining they have to win the cup to qualify for Europe - when an excited Sunderland fan mentions they have qualified.
(Still haven't seen a Mackem in Milan Wink)

Yep, no Euro qualifcation yet, the League Cup is not like the FA Cup where the runners up get the Europa Spot on account of someone else already qualifying by virtue of there league position...

If Man City win the League Cup, the FA will put the highest placed team who did not qualify through there position, thats the way it has always been

(22 Jan 2014, 11:47 pm)fozzovmurton Yep, no Euro qualifcation yet, the League Cup is not like the FA Cup where the runners up get the Europa Spot on account of someone else already qualifying by virtue of there league position...
Think it was just them lot getting a tad over excited.

If Man City win the League Cup, the FA will put the highest placed team who did not qualify through there position, thats the way it has always been

Would love it if it was us that got that last spot haha.

On a serious note, I am now going to not listen to Total Sport, ignore the never ending tweets and fb updates and stay away from any Mackem mates until after the match has finished - particularly if they beat us next weekend.
Good luck to them in the final though.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2014

(22 Jan 2014, 11:54 pm)andreos1 Would love it if it was us that got that last spot haha.

On a serious note, I am now going to not listen to Total Sport, ignore the never ending tweets and fb updates and stay away from any Mackem mates until after the match has finished - particularly if they beat us next weekend.
Good luck to them in the final though.

That would be a kick in the teeth for Sunderland...That is something I can actually see happening now, oh, The Geordies would love that one, I must admit, It would make me laugh probablys, I am not a die hard Sunderland fan

RE: football - gtom - 23 Jan 2014

It was a terrible game really wasn't it?

Still congratulations to Sunderland for securing the opportunity to get battered by Manchester City at Wembley

RE: football - Michael - 23 Jan 2014

(23 Jan 2014, 9:53 am)gtomlinson It was a terrible game really wasn't it?

Still congratulations to Sunderland for securing the opportunity to get battered by Manchester City at Wembley

Was a shit game, who care's were in the final...

Our results being alright against man city last few seasons.. before anyone say's i know were away... We might have a chance, its 50/50...

It might be the rules for the Europe qualification but it might be a good game, Only lost 1 game in the last 7... starting to play well in the league, the bottom of the league is really tight

RE: football - gtom - 23 Jan 2014

(23 Jan 2014, 9:56 am)Michael Was a shit game, who care's were in the final...

Our results being alright against man city last few seasons.. before anyone say's i know were away... We might have a chance, its 50/50...

It would be nice for someonelse to win something again (a la Wigan and Swansea) but I just don't see this Man City team with this new manager bottling it as they did under Mancini.

That cup game has thrown up a stinker of a run for Sunderland -

Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (LC)
Liverpool (A)

Could be a demoralising losing run that one mind.

Saying that, I'd take Poyet over Pardiola

RE: football - Michael - 23 Jan 2014

(23 Jan 2014, 10:01 am)gtomlinson It would be nice for someonelse to win something again (a la Wigan and Swansea) but I just don't see this Man City team with this new manager bottling it as they did under Mancini.

That cup game has thrown up a stinker of a run for Sunderland -

Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Man City (LC)
Liverpool (A)

Could be a demoralising losing run that one mind.

Saying that, I'd take Poyet over Pardiola

it would be and Man City are brilliant this season, team's are scared of them, all their strikers is on fine form atm, lets hope so of that wares off for us haha

Here is our list of fixtures..

Sat 25 15:00 H Kidderminster Harriers - FA Cup with Budweiser
Wed 29 19:45 H Stoke City
February
Sat 01 12:45 A Newcastle United
Sat 08 15:00 H Hull City
Wed 12 19:45 A Manchester City
Sat 22 15:00 A Arsenal
March
Sat 01 15:00 H West Brom (Now Man city)
Sat 08 15:00 A Liverpool
Sat 15 15:00 H Crystal Palace
Sat 22 15:00 A Norwich City
Sat 29 15:00 H West Ham United
April
Sat 05 15:00 A Tottenham Hotspur
Sat 12 15:00 H Everton
Sat 19 15:00 A Chelsea
Sat 26 15:00 H Cardiff City
May
Sat 03 15:00 A Manchester United
Sun 11 16:00 H Swansea City

We have to re-arrange the West Brom game so not sure when that will be.

most of them are winnable... of course our luck we will win the cup and get relegated! haha

RE: football - MrFozz - 23 Jan 2014

Think it is Citys to lose now, they are close to unbeatable at the moment, but the form boon flies out the window for a winner takes all game...Man City can be beaten, just ask Wigan, Sunderland have give them good games recently and Cardiff and the Mags have beaten them this season...

I think It will be a good game and if City think they just have to turn up there in for a shock...

In 3 months Poyet has completely changed that team, they look like they enjoy playing football and he has them playing decent football...

End of the day, it is all well and good getting to Wembley, but remember one thing, Premiership Survival is absolutely vital

RE: football - Andreos1 - 23 Jan 2014

(23 Jan 2014, 11:25 am)fozzovmurton Think it is Citys to lose now, they are close to unbeatable at the moment, but the form boon flies out the window for a winner takes all game...Man City can be beaten, just ask Wigan, Sunderland have give them good games recently and Cardiff and the Mags have beaten them this season...

I think It will be a good game and if City think they just have to turn up there in for a shock...

In 3 months Poyet has completely changed that team, they look like they enjoy playing football and he has them playing decent football...

End of the day, it is all well and good getting to Wembley, but remember one thing, Premiership Survival is absolutely vital

Nah, they have beaten us three times first game of the season, in the league cup at SJP in extra time and in the league just a fortnight or so ago, when Tiote had that goal ruled out for offside.

We have pushed them closer and closer each time, but haven't beaten them yet.