North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: football - Adrian - 31 Jan 2014

(31 Jan 2014, 7:44 pm)andreos1 Fearing the worst too

Put my money where my mouth is. Johnson to score first and Sunderland to win 0-2. 100-1 from Paddy Power.

RE: football - Dan - 01 Feb 2014

Have Newcastle down as winning 2-1. Sunderland need the points though - think 11th was only 3pts away.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 01 Feb 2014

(31 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm)aureolin Put my money where my mouth is. Johnson to score first and Sunderland to win 0-2. 100-1 from Paddy Power.

Johnno is the man of the moment, he can be a game changer, he has either scored or assisted nearly every Sunderland goal in 2014, 100/1 good odds, one game I refuse to bet on is this one, the last time I bet on it was the Halloween Horror Show, I bet on SAFC 2-1 and we all know happened that day

(01 Feb 2014, 6:35 am)Dan Have Newcastle down as winning 2-1. Sunderland need the points though - think 11th was only 3pts away.

That is the good thing about the race for relegation, it is so close, there is about 9/10 teams in danger of the drop...Sunderand will actually go 12th if they win, level on points with Swansea, but the Swans have a massively better Goal Difference

Does anyone know why it isnt on the telly, I reckon it has something to do with the trouble last season after the game, because derby games at the SoL went unbroadcast for a few years after sporadic trouble and wondered if the broadcasters were punishing Newcastle

RE: football - Andreos1 - 01 Feb 2014

(31 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm)aureolin Put my money where my mouth is. Johnson to score first and Sunderland to win 0-2. 100-1 from Paddy Power.

Paddy Power obviously have more faith than we do! Wink

Might acually stick 50p on that, 50 snots wouldn't be a bad return

RE: football - Michael - 01 Feb 2014

Newcastle squad to play Sunderland

Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, S.Taylor, Santon; Tiote ©, Sissoko, Anita; Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, Sammy Ameobi.

Subs: Elliot, Dummett, Haidara, Yanga-Mbiwa, Marveaux, Armstrong, de Jong.

Sunderland Squad to play Newcastle

Mannone, Bardsley, Alonso, Brown, O'Shea ©, Bridcutt, Colback, Ki, Johnson, Borini, Altidore.

Subs: Larsson, Gardner, Wickham, Giaccherini, Vergini, Scocco, Ustari.

oh god, Dozy Altidore is starting!!!!!!!!!!!

Good First half - Sunderland 2-0 up and were playing well.. how ever 45 more mins to go

What I like to see...

(01 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm)Dan What I like to see...

Bottom of the table is so close, gonna be a good end to the season, as long as we stay around that area by end of the weekend i'll be happy!

3-0... Watch out horses!

(01 Feb 2014, 2:30 pm)Dan 3-0... Watch out horses!

Haha, Newcastle have being rubbish, think their missing their Kebab already

Not sure who Man of the match should be... all of the Sunderland players have played well

we also had 2 fans on the pitch....

RE: football - tyresmoke - 01 Feb 2014

Another great win for Darlington today away to Kendal, worst conditions I've seen for a long time with heavy winds and driving rain! Kendal took the lead with a penalty early on but Darlo pulled one back before half time. 2nd half we had the wind behind us and pushed on to take the lead after the hour mark. As Kendal tired we went on to win 5-1 to keep the pressure on the teams above us.
Home to Curzon Ashton next week and we can go level on points with them should we win, they slipped up at home to Ossett Town today...
10 wins out of the previous 11 is the form of champions, we are really on a roll now and right at the perfect time in the season!

(01 Feb 2014, 6:11 pm)tyresmoke Another great win for Darlington today away to Kendal, worst conditions I've seen for a long time with heavy winds and driving rain! Kendal took the lead with a penalty early on but Darlo pulled one back before half time. 2nd half we had the wind behind us and pushed on to take the lead after the hour mark. As Kendal tired we went on to win 5-1 to keep the pressure on the teams above us.
Home to Curzon Ashton next week and we can go level on points with them should we win, they slipped up at home to Ossett Town today...
10 wins out of the previous 11 is the form of champions, we are really on a roll now and right at the perfect time in the season!

Could not have been worse than New Years Day surely...5-1 good result though, was there a big crowd mate?

While I think we can beat Curzon, dont they actually have games in hand, 2 iirc...

Even if we dont win the League we should finish 2nd and make the play-offs, which will give us home advantage i both rounds of the play-offs Big Grin.....

Good result for Sunderland, it is the first time they have beaten Newcastle 3 times in a row since before my granddad was dirty thought in his dads mind and the first time they have took 6 points in one season since long before I was a dirty thought in my dads mind Big Grin

RE: football - tyresmoke - 01 Feb 2014

(01 Feb 2014, 7:21 pm)fozzovmurton Could not have been worse than New Years Day surely...5-1 good result though, was there a big crowd mate?

While I think we can beat Curzon, dont they actually have games in hand, 2 iirc...

Even if we dont win the League we should finish 2nd and make the play-offs, which will give us home advantage i both rounds of the play-offs Big Grin.....

Good result for Sunderland, it is the first time they have beaten Newcastle 3 times in a row since before my granddad was dirty thought in his dads mind and the first time they have took 6 points in one season since long before I was a dirty thought in my dads mind Big Grin

Yeah the crowd was 423 today, pretty good considering the weather conditions. The pitch was in a much better state than New Years Day, albeit by the end it had cut up pretty badly.

I think we have the quality to stage a huge push towards the end of the season, lets not forget we have a higher number of home games towards the latter half of the season too, I think we have 10 home and 6 away left?
Table is here: http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/tables.php
It's really 2 from 4 now.

(01 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm)tyresmoke Yeah the crowd was 423 today, pretty good considering the weather conditions. The pitch was in a much better state than New Years Day, albeit by the end it had cut up pretty badly.

I think we have the quality to stage a huge push towards the end of the season, lets not forget we have a higher number of home games towards the latter half of the season too, I think we have 10 home and 6 away left?
Table is here: http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/tables.php
It's really 2 from 4 now.

So thats 48 points available, I think we can get the 48 available, I reckon we will pick the 30 home points and most definately 12-15 of the 18 away point...We need a couple of results were Curzon slip up, but in my opinion the title is still theres to lose...

I think some Darlo fans that I have heard at games this season have been spoilt by last season success...

If you were to ask me where we'll finish, my [BLACK HEART SUIT] says we can win the League, but my head says play offs

RE: football - MrFozz - 02 Feb 2014

Breaking News: St James' Park is to be renamed the 03 Arena

In Other News: Joe Kinnear has been seen in France, it is believed he is scouting John Kebab to replace Yohan Cabaye

RE: football - Michael - 12 Feb 2014

Sunderland game against man city being proposed due to high winds...

give me a break, health and safety is stupid... not like they get paid loads a week , everyone else who works outside has to go to work.....

RE: football - tyresmoke - 12 Feb 2014

(12 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm)Michael Sunderland game against man city being proposed due to high winds...

give me a break, health and safety is stupid... not like they get paid loads a week , everyone else who works outside has to go to work.....

It's more to do with the safety of the area and the spectators. It should have been called off earlier though.

RE: football - Michael - 12 Feb 2014

(12 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm)tyresmoke It's more to do with the safety of the area and the spectators. It should have been called off earlier though.

you still see people on building sites etc out and about when its blowing a gale, daft rules to me

RE: football - GuyParkRoyal - 12 Feb 2014

(12 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm)Michael Sunderland game against man city being proposed due to high winds...

I think that the health and safety issue has some merit on this occasion looking at the situation in the North West. Closures on M6, HGV's overturned on M62 with single lane running and no high sided vehicles allowed. West coast rail line almost at a halt with the roof blown off Crewe Station. Domestic and Eire flights inbound to Manchester Airport this evening have been cancelled.
I guess the above would result in safety issues travelling to the match and returning home tonight so while I don't, always agree with postponed games it does seem the correct decision based on the situation in the Manchester area.