North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

Re: football - MrFozz - 25 Mar 2014

Darlo are going back home...

Rugby Club agrees to groundshare with Quakers

RE: football - Andreos1 - 25 Mar 2014

Just to pick up on a few points raised.

I don't think Newcastle will qualify for the Europa League.
No idea about Sunderland - the fixtures don't look kind on paper, but they have a habit of out performing better teams on the day.
It will go down to the wire either way.

Hartlepool have a chance of scraping the play offs on paper, but again, not sure how realistic that is in real life.
Saw them a few weeks back at home in a 'derby' versus York and although the attendance was reasonable for Hartlepool,the atmosphere was poor (even with what looked like an over capacity away end).
They have a small squad, full of promising youngsters, coupled with a few older heads - the majority of whom are on loans or short term contracts.
The two youngsters to stand out are Jack Barmby (on loan from Man U) and Luke James. Both are talented players, with an eye for goal, but will not make it, unless they bulk up.

I genuinely fancy Gatesheads chances of going up. Gary Mills has a track record at this level as a manager with York and played at the highest level with Forest.
Like Cooper at Hartlepool, he has brought in some experienced, older heads (John Oster and Jack Lester), who cna hopefully help Gateshead reach the league.

However, the similarities with Hartlepool don't end there, as there is a poor atmosphere (not helped by the stadium) and low numbers coming through the gates.
I am not sure if league football, will improve that - unless Northumbria Police stipulate home games need to alternate with Newcastle's AND prices are looked at.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 25 Mar 2014

(25 Mar 2014, 9:14 am)Andreos Constantopolous Just to pick up on a few points raised.

I don't think Newcastle will qualify for the Europa League.
No idea about Sunderland - the fixtures don't look kind on paper, but they have a habit of out performing better teams on the day.
It will go down to the wire either way.

Hartlepool have a chance of scraping the play offs on paper, but again, not sure how realistic that is in real life.
Saw them a few weeks back at home in a 'derby' versus York and although the attendance was reasonable for Hartlepool,the atmosphere was poor (even with what looked like an over capacity away end).
They have a small squad, full of promising youngsters, coupled with a few older heads - the majority of whom are on loans or short term contracts.
The two youngsters to stand out are Jack Barmby (on loan from Man U) and Luke James. Both are talented players, with an eye for goal, but will not make it, unless they bulk up.

I genuinely fancy Gatesheads chances of going up. Gary Mills has a track record at this level as a manager with York and played at the highest level with Forest.
Like Cooper at Hartlepool, he has brought in some experienced, older heads (John Oster and Jack Lester), who cna hopefully help Gateshead reach the league.

However, the similarities with Hartlepool don't end there, as there is a poor atmosphere (not helped by the stadium) and low numbers coming through the gates.
I am not sure if league football, will improve that - unless Northumbria Police stipulate home games need to alternate with Newcastle's AND prices are looked at.

Hartlepool are not doing too bad in the average attendance department, currently 10th in the average attendance table with 3,665 per game, about 46.5% of it's 7,877 capacity, the problem Hartlepool have with The Vic, they do not own it, the Council does, so I guess there hands are tied when it comes to expansion.

Now as for Gateshead, I hope they do reach the league, the opportunities it opens up for them will be great, but imo they really need to get the wheels in motion for a new ground and they will need to do something about there crowds, averaging only 724 this season which is only 6.1% of Gateshead Stadium Capacity, in League 2 they will need to at least double that, yes York and Hartlepool may travel in numbers to Tyneside for local(ish) derbies, but the likes of Dagenham, Torquay and Burton probably wont.

It might be that Gateshead ask the FA to be paired with Newcastle for the purpose of the fixture list, but if they did that, they would be against Sunderland who already alternate home games with Newcastle, so next if they are in League 2 they will always be at home at the same time as SAFC or NUFC...it will be interesting to see how The Heed will manage if they go up

According to The Footballwebpages site they predict

Newcastle to finish 8th
Sunderland 17th
Middlesbrough 14th
Carlisle 21st(Relegated)
York 8th
Hartlepool 12th
Gateshead 8th
Blyth 7th
Darlington 2nd

Check out that site, it is quite good Football WebPages

RE: football - Andreos1 - 01 Apr 2014

For whatever reason, the site isn't letting me upload a photo, so having to do this the long way around via a twitter quote.

“@theirishmag: Just seen this on autotrader... @Joey7Barton @mickquinn1089 @NUFCThreatLevel http://t.co/knt6pjtRuk” ?this ??

.jpg
BkFvauNIgAAs0D8.jpg
Size 41.47 KB / Downloads 17

Edit: Added the pic

Re: football - MrFozz - 03 Apr 2014

Just seen on the news Sunderland have been fined by the Premier League and Football League(as he featured in a C1 Cup game) for fielding an ineligible player for 4 games at the start of the season...

It relates to Ji-Dong-Won...

Basically what happened was he went out on loan to Germany and when he came back, he had to have International Clearance to return back to Wearside, Sunderland forgot to do this, hence the Premier League/Football League Double whammy...

From the BBC Sport Website...

Sunderland have been fined by the Premier League after they fielded an ineligible player in four league matches earlier in the season.

Striker Ji Dong-Won, 22, played against Fulham, Southampton, Crystal Palace and Manchester United before Sunderland informed the Premier League they had made an administrative error.

It is understood they were made aware of the error in December and Sunderland settled the fine in early 2014.

The club will not be deducted points.

Sunderland were also fined by the Football League because the player appeared in the Capital One Cup victory over MK Dons in August.

Club secretary Liz Coley has left the club but sources at Sunderland insist it was not as a result of the error.

Sunderland were fined because they failed to gain international clearance for the South Korea international after he returned to the club from a loan spell at German club Augsburg last season.

The Premier League club did not realise they needed to seek international clearance for a second time when he returned to England. He should not have been involved in any matches before the club received written confirmation from the German Football Association.

The Premier League has refused to comment.

Ji joined the Black Cats for an undisclosed fee from South Korean side Chunnam Dragons in June 2011.

He is now back on loan with Augsburg until the end of the season but has agreed a four-year deal to join fellow Bundesliga side Borussia Dortmund on a free transfer in July.

In my opinion they have got off quite lightly with just a fine, as a points deduction would probably have relegated them right now and anyway it is not like they gained anything in the 4 Prem games only gaining one point in that timespan...

RE: football - Michael - 03 Apr 2014

(03 Apr 2014, 8:46 pm)marxistafozzski Just seen on the news Sunderland have been fined by the Premier League and Football League(as he featured in a C1 Cup game) for fielding an ineligible player for 4 games at the start of the season...

Basically what happened was he went out on loan to Germany and when he came back, he had to have International Clearance to return back to Wearside, Sunderland forgot to do this, hence the Premier League/Football League Double whammy...

In my opinion they have got off quite lightly with just a fine, as a points deduction would probably have relegated them right now and anyway it is not like they gained anything in the 4 Prem games only gaining one point in that timespan...

I didnt even know u had to reapply for clearance again.. i mean he only went to germany...
This was a story from December which has just come out,seems abit daft

Re: RE: football - Adrian - 03 Apr 2014

(03 Apr 2014, 8:46 pm)marxistafozzski Just seen on the news Sunderland have been fined by the Premier League and Football League(as he featured in a C1 Cup game) for fielding an ineligible player for 4 games at the start of the season...

There'll be hell on if a team is relegated by one point. Letter of the law says Sunderland should have been deducted that point.

RE: football - Michael - 03 Apr 2014

its a old story because Sunderland paid the fine in December.. its now April...

Edit: sorry i misread your post..so ill edit my post

Re: RE: football - Adrian - 03 Apr 2014

(03 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm)Michael Were down anyway so doesnt matter... either way, its a old story because Sunderland paid the fine in December.. its now April...

#Daretodream Wink

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 03 Apr 2014

(03 Apr 2014, 9:31 pm)aureolin There'll be hell on if a team is relegated by one point. Letter of the law says Sunderland should have been deducted that point.

I have seen clubs get hit with a points deduction for less, if it was say a Hartlepool or a Gateshead, would they have got away with a fine and slap on the wrist.

I think what has happened here is a genuine mistake, SAFC did not realise they needed int'l clearance to bring there own player back from Germany, they held there hands up admitted to it and are not going to appeal it...

If Sunderland stay up by 1 point(which I cannot see happening anyway), I cant see any appeal to relegate them working, look at the West Ham case in 2005/06 The Tevez/Mascherano Third-Party Ownership Scandal, them 2 were deemed ineligible for most of the season and Tevez pretty much kept them up on his own towards the end of the season at the expense of Sheffield United, despite calls for a points deduction, they got whacked with a £5m fine...

Re: football - MrFozz - 04 Apr 2014

To quote the Premier League Rulebook

Premier League rule 6.9
“Any club found to have played an ineligible player in a match shall have any points gained from that match deducted from its record and have levied upon it a fine.

“The company may vary this decision in respect of the points gained only in circumstances where the ineligibility is due to the failure to obtain an International Transfer Certificate or where the ineligibility is
related to the player's status only."

The ineligibility in this case arose through Ji's Int'l Clearance

So while we can go on about points deductions and such, the rules state the Premier League can vary it's rule for cases similar to Ji...

As unfair as it may seem the Premier League have got it right on this occasion, maybe now is the time to look over the PL/FA rulebook again and come up with a rule and punishment that will apply to everybody, whether your premier league or the Big Club in the Dog and Duck Pitchfork Sunday Morning League

RE: football - Michael - 06 Apr 2014

Premier League: Norwich City sack Chris Hughton as manager

Wrong decision

RE: football - Andreos1 - 06 Apr 2014

Norwich have sacked Chris Hughton.
Strange, seeing as there are just 5 games left.

RE: football - Michael - 06 Apr 2014

(06 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Norwich have sacked Chris Hughton.
Strange, seeing as there are just 5 games left.

Same time!! Tongue

RE: football - Andreos1 - 06 Apr 2014

(06 Apr 2014, 7:30 pm)Michael Same time!! Tongue

Spooky!

RE: football - Adrian - 06 Apr 2014

(06 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm)Michael Premier League: Norwich City sack Chris Hughton as manager

Wrong decision

Shocking decision. I know Chris Hughton isn't the most experienced manager in the division, but someone tell me the logic of replacing him with someone with no top flight managerial experience?

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 07 Apr 2014

(06 Apr 2014, 8:15 pm)aureolin Shocking decision. I know Chris Hughton isn't the most experienced manager in the division, but someone tell me the logic of replacing him with someone with no top flight managerial experience?

The same could be said for Spuds, Sherwood never had any kind of managerial...

Quite a risk for Norwich, there not home and dry yet, but it is baffling to sack the gaffer with 5 left to play

RE: football - Adrian - 07 Apr 2014

(07 Apr 2014, 6:25 pm)marxistafozzski The same could be said for Spuds, Sherwood never had any kind of managerial...

Quite a risk for Norwich, there not home and dry yet, but it is baffling to sack the gaffer with 5 left to play

Point proven though to use the Sherwood example. He had a few wins off the belt, and then it's gone to pot again. He seems to have lost the plot a bit in recent weeks, and as such, his role is now "under review".

RE: football - MrFozz - 07 Apr 2014

I dont think they should have given Sherwood the 18 month contract, should gave him to the end of the season and reviewed his performance then...

I honestly cannot see him being at WHL next season

RE: football - Michael - 07 Apr 2014

(07 Apr 2014, 6:34 pm)marxistafozzski I dont think they should have given Sherwood the 18 month contract, should gave him to the end of the season and reviewed his performance then...

I honestly cannot see him being at WHL next season

I thought he was told today he will be gone after the season ends