North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: football - Michael - 26 May 2014

(26 May 2014, 4:50 pm)marxistafozzski Me neither, but history has proved chairman will only put so much before they want out, I dont like seeing any club going bust, it is genuine fans who lose out. To think they were only averaging 134 in 2003/04 to 2,819 in the season just ended, quite an achievement but I hope they can sustain themselves in League 1 or 2

Hopefully it means more people will turn up, giving a better boost for cash, let's hope the prices for tickets don't rocket up!

Re: football - MrFozz - 26 May 2014

Reading about the Scottish League Plans, if only they could be as simple as our system i.e. 2 up 2 down from between League 2 and Conference. The Scottish system involves a promotion/relegation play off...

The Champions of the Highland League will face the Champions of the Lowland League in a play off to earn the right to go play off against the team who finishes bottom of Scottish League 2

(26 May 2014, 6:41 pm)marxistafozzski Reading about the Scottish League Plans, if only they could be as simple as our system i.e. 2 up 2 down from between League 2 and Conference. The Scottish system involves a promotion/relegation play off...

The Champions of the Highland League will face the Champions of the Lowland League in a play off to earn the right to go play off against the team who finishes bottom of Scottish League 2

Why do they not just do what we do and have simple promotion and relegation, by having 2 up, 2 down in each league

RE: football - MrFozz - 26 May 2014

Yep, that would be simple enough...

Scotland has a mad league system, 4 National Divisions(1 of 12 and 3 of 10)...

Personally I think they should have 2 National Divisions(1 of 22, 1 of 20) and regionalised at Level 3, would like this

Scottish Premiership: 22 clubs Premier League and Championship merged...with 3 up 3 down
Scottish Championship: 20 Clubs League 1 and League merged 4 up 4 down
Scottish League 1 North and South: Highland League and Lowland League run side by side, each Champion gets promoted with the next 4 teams(2-5) playing off, just like our play off system

(26 May 2014, 7:45 pm)marxistafozzski Yep, that would be simple enough...

Scotland has a mad league system, 4 National Divisions(1 of 12 and 3 of 10)...

Personally I think they should have 2 National Divisions(1 of 22, 1 of 20) and regionalised at Level 3, would like this

Scottish Premiership: 22 clubs Premier League and Championship merged...with 3 up 3 down
Scottish Championship: 20 Clubs League 1 and League merged 4 up 4 down
Scottish League 1 North and South: Highland League and Lowland League run side by side, each Champion gets promoted with the next 4 teams(2-5) playing off, just like our play off system

I agree fully with that idea

I am also of the opinion that Football in this country could do with a change lower down...

Premier League to absorb the Championship and become Premier 2, League 1 becomes the The Championship and League 2 absorbs the Conference to become League 2 North/South and 3 divisions under that covering the North, The South and a Midlands division...would look something like this.

Premier League:- 3 down
Premier League 2:- 3 up 3 down
Championship:- 4 up 4 down
League 1 N/S:- 2 Champions promoted, 2 more through regional division play offs 3 relegated
North/South/Midland Conference: 3 champions promoted no play off

Then just keep on regionalising the leagues as you go down the pyramid...

I personally dont think we need 5 National Divisions(1 with 20, the rest with 24), looking at Europe, most countries only have 2 or 3 National Football Divisions(France has 2, as does Spain, Germany has 3 and possibly Italy too), with regional leagues at the 4th Level it brings mileage down a heck of a lot, teams will have more local derbies, and could possibly encourage more people to follow there team...

Thats just my opinion anyway, it would never happen because the Conference would refuse to play ball by wanting to protect there National Division

RE: football - Andreos1 - 26 May 2014

(26 May 2014, 8:24 pm)marxistafozzski I am also of the opinion that Football in this country could do with a change lower down...

Premier League to absorb the Championship and become Premier 2, League 1 becomes the The Championship and League 2 absorbs the Conference to become League 2 North/South and 3 divisions under that covering the North, The South and a Midlands division...would look something like this.

Premier League:- 3 down
Premier League 2:- 3 up 3 down
Championship:- 4 up 4 down
League 1 N/S:- 2 Champions promoted, 2 more through regional division play offs 3 relegated
North/South/Midland Conference: 3 champions promoted no play off

Then just keep on regionalising the leagues as you go down the pyramid...

I personally dont think we need 5 National Divisions(1 with 20, the rest with 24), looking at Europe, most countries only have 2 or 3 National Football Divisions(France has 2, as does Spain, Germany has 3 and possibly Italy too), with regional leagues at the 4th Level it brings mileage down a heck of a lot, teams will have more local derbies, and could possibly encourage more people to follow there team...

Thats just my opinion anyway, it would never happen because the Conference would refuse to play ball by wanting to protect there National Division

There could also be issues with the FA loosing out again.
When the Premier League was inaugurated, the FA found their status diminished and what had been their league system, superseded by the Prem.
I cant see them giving up the Championship division and seeing it pushed further down the pyramid.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 26 May 2014

(26 May 2014, 8:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous There could also be issues with the FA loosing out again.
When the Premier League was inaugurated, the FA found their status diminished and what had been their league system, superseded by the Prem.
I cant see them giving up the Championship division.

The Championship is not governed by the FA, that is the Football League, our system is quite stupid as there 3 main organisations running football...The FA, The Premier League and Football League...

One solution could be to try and re-unite football, for years Scottish Football was ran by the SPL and SFL until last year when a deal was reached form the Scottish Professional Football League with Premier Division at the top and League 2 at the bottom. I doubt a Premier League/Football League merger would work here though as the Premier League would want to be the majority partner so to speak.

I dont think the Football League could do much about it if say 15 Championship Sides announced there intent to resign there Football League Membership, as long as they stuck to rules in the Leagues constitution that was exactly what happened back in 1990 or 1991 when the old 1st Division broke awah

But I still believe that if there were drastic changes in our system, Premier 2 would probably be the most likely outcome

(26 May 2014, 8:48 pm)marxistafozzski The Championship is not governed by the FA, that is the Football League, our system is quite stupid as there 3 main organisations running football...The FA, The Premier League and Football League...

One solution could be to try and re-unite football, for years Scottish Football was ran by the SPL and SFL until last year when a deal was reached form the Scottish Professional Football League with Premier Division at the top and League 2 at the bottom. I doubt a Premier League/Football League merger would work here though as the Premier League would want to be the majority partner so to speak.

I dont think the Football League could do much about it if say 15 Championship Sides announced there intent to resign there Football League Membership, as long as they stuck to rules in the Leagues constitution that was exactly what happened back in 1990 or 1991 when the old 1st Division broke awah

But I still believe that if there were drastic changes in our system, Premier 2 would probably be the most likely outcome

Sorry - yes, that's what I meant... The Football League governs, the Football League...

Getting back to the point about teams in the Championship splitting - how would that work with the current TV rights?
I don't think it is as easy as it was prior to the 1992 changes, as there are the massive TV contracts and parachute systems in place now.

If the chairmen were to announce their separation, there would be a lot more red tape than previously, which would in my opinion hinder the creation of a new division.
It would take a lot more than a few chairmen to force change these days.

I will have to have a think about that mate...

The one thing I have heard proposed in the past, and I hope football never goes down that route would see the creation of a Premier 2 and becoming a 'closed shop' so to speak, parachute payments would be stopped, as would promotion/relegation between Premier 2 and The Football League, we would have no co-operation between PL/FL. And that would probably destroy the Football League.

As for the TV deal, Sky and BT could screen more matches over the season, multiple games at the same time and try to get the Saturday 3pm Blackout quashed by being allowed t9 show a limited number of games at 3pm on a Saturday, I dont care what anybody says, it would not have a devastating effect on attendance football if games were screened at 3pm on a Saturday...

Gonna have to have a good think about this to see if anything sensible can come off my mind [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(26 May 2014, 9:22 pm)marxistafozzski I will have to have a think about that mate...

The one thing I have heard proposed in the past, and I hope football never goes down that route would see the creation of a Premier 2 and becoming a 'closed shop' so to speak, parachute payments would be stopped, as would promotion/relegation between Premier 2 and The Football League, we would have no co-operation between PL/FL. And that would probably destroy the Football League.

As for the TV deal, Sky and BT could screen more matches over the season, multiple games at the same time and try to get the Saturday 3pm Blackout quashed by being allowed t9 show a limited number of games at 3pm on a Saturday, I dont care what anybody says, it would not have a devastating effect on attendance football if games were screened at 3pm on a Saturday...

Gonna have to have a good think about this to see if anything sensible can come off my mind [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/financial-fair-play-championship-clubs-threat-football-league

Not the easiest of reads, but interesting.

Forgot about the FFP and Premier League solidarity payments.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22205419
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338083/Patrick-Collins-The-inequality-game--93-27-TV-billions-goes-Premier-League.html

RE: football - Michael - 28 May 2014

Sunderland make their first signing of the summer:

Defender Billy Jones has agreed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light and will become a Sunderland player from July 1

By the West Brom official site, he joins on a free

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/may/safc-seal-jones-deal

Head coach puts pen to paper on extended contract.
Sunderland AFC has announced today that head coach Gustavo Poyet has signed a new contract at the Stadium of Light, which will see him remain on Wearside until 2016.

http://www.safc.com/news/club-news/2014/may/poyet-signs-new-deal

Shock news

http://news.sky.com/story/1270908/manchester-united-owner-malcolm-glazer-dies

R.I.P

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 29 May 2014

(28 May 2014, 8:04 pm)Michael Shock news

http://news.sky.com/story/1270908/manchester-united-owner-malcolm-glazer-dies

R.I.P

Won't be missed by a certain section of supporters who would gleefully sing 'we're having a party when glazer dies'...

A very controversial character among some

Glad to hear Guy has signed for 2 more seasons

RE: football - MurdnunoC - 29 May 2014

(29 May 2014, 7:53 am)marxistafozzski Won't be missed by a certain section of supporters who would gleefully sing 'we're having a party when glazer dies'...

It'll be interesting to see how share prices are affected by Glazier's death.

RE: football - Michael - 29 May 2014

(29 May 2014, 7:53 am)marxistafozzski Won't be missed by a certain section of supporters who would gleefully sing 'we're having a party when glazer dies'...

Maybe not, but there already saying on facebook posts that it was Moye's fault for him dying..... sick, there not proper fans if you say stuff like that

News away from the NE and

Lukasz Fabianski leaves Arsenal to join Swansea City on free transfer - that's a decent free, wonder if he will get first team football there

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 29 May 2014

(29 May 2014, 8:28 am)Michael Maybe not, but there already saying on facebook posts that it was Moye's fault for him dying..... sick, there not proper fans if you say stuff like that

Agreed mate, there is no call for bad mouthing the dead...

Could be interesting times ahead for Man Yoo, are the Glazers without old Malcolm interested in them as a business???

(29 May 2014, 8:50 am)marxistafozzski Agreed mate, there is no call for bad mouthing the dead...

Could be interesting times ahead for Man Yoo, are the Glazers without old Malcolm interested in them as a business???

Not 100% sure but i think he stepped down a while back for his son to take over control, while he was in the USA.