North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 8:55 pm)marxistafozzski Man Utds stiffs should on paper beat MK Dons...

Tonight hasn't just backfired, a A-Bomb has gone off right in front of him...As they were saying earlier on the commentary 10 changes will more than likely be made come Saturday...

That result has made my night Wink

I'd disagree. MK Dons have played a team that play together weekly playing competitive football. Man Utd's reserves don't. In my view nothing can beat regular competitive football to gel a team together.

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 8:53 pm)mb134 He's been naive in my opinion, Man Utd can't defeat anyone by being Man Utd any more and by the look of that defensive line-up (except De Gea) he thought they could. Everyone can now see how good Sir Alex was, making Championship standard players Prem title winners...

Alex Ferguson was not just good...The man is a genius...As for making Championship Standard players Premier League Winners, can you expand on that, tell me exactly who in the last 10 years you would say is/was Championship Standard

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 26 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 9:02 pm)marxistafozzski Alex Ferguson was not just good...The man is a genius...As for making Championship Standard players Premier League Winners, can you expand on that, tell me exactly who in the last 10 years you would say is/was Championship Standard
Sorry should have made that a bit clearer, the team he handed across to Moyes is full of them, in my opinion anyway, yes De Gea, Rooney, Januzaj (now), Van Persie etc are all outstanding, but Welbeck Evans Cleverley etc I believe to be of a very low quality, Championship or low Premier League at very very best

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 27 Aug 2014

(26 Aug 2014, 9:09 pm)mb134 Sorry should have made that a bit clearer, the team he handed across to Moyes is full of them, in my opinion anyway, yes De Gea, Rooney, Januzaj (now), Van Persie etc are all outstanding, but Welbeck Evans Cleverley etc I believe to be of a very low quality, Championship or low Premier League at very very best

I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I can't see United doing much this season, but I am confident they will qualify for Europe by finishing top 6

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 11:02 am)marxistafozzski I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I can't see United doing much this season, but I am confident they will qualify for Europe by finishing top 6

Even players that turned out to be greats - such as Beckham, G. Neville and Paul Scholes... they were added to an already championship winning squad. Even with the likes of Ferdinand, Rooney, Vidic, Ronaldo. The base of a good squad was always there. Others have come in recently, such as Mata, Di Maria, Herrera, but the basis of a good squad isn't there. A team is only as good as it's defence. Man Utd for the first time in my memory have put out a 3 and 2 wing backs, yet there's not one that stands out as a great player.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 27 Aug 2014

Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - mb134 - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 11:02 am)marxistafozzski I think the same could probably be said of most of Ferguson's teams when I think about it...looking at the team over the last 10-15 years, take Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Gary Neville, Ferdinand and Vidic out the equation and all that is really left is what you call lower prem/top championship players...As for the current crop...I like Januzaj, but I fear he might end up being overrated, he is still only about 19 and last season there was comparison to Ryan Giggs, that is a lot of pressure on him, I like Rooney, he frustrates the he'll out of me, I wish he could perform for England as he does for Man Utd, maybe stick a red shirt under his England Shirt...

I share your Januzaj thoughts, especially now as he's been handed the number 11 shirt, yet more expectations.
Seems the last of their glory hunting fans will finally be turning blue... Which could be the only good thing out of this (From Man U's point of view anyway)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 11:20 am)aureolin Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

Up to you, does seem the best idea

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 11:20 am)aureolin Also, unless anyone has any major objections, I'm proposing to merge this thread with the previous football thread?

If that is what is best for business then not a problem mate

#NEBBESTFORBUSINESS

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Malarkey - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 11:54 am)marxistafozzski If that is what is best for business then not a problem mate

#NEBBESTFORBUSINESS

Alright Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Chill Out Wink, Hope all is well Fozz

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 28 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Alright Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Chill Out Wink, Hope all is well Fozz

Just remember if it doesn't work...There is always a Plan B [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 28 Aug 2014

Latest England Squad announced

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Joe Hart (Manchester City) 

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), John Stones (Everton) 

Midfielders: Jack Colback (Newcastle United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal) Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal) 

Forwards: Rickie Lambert (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Surprise inclusions are Callum Chambers, Danny Rose, Fabien Delph and Jack Colback

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - tyresmoke - 30 Aug 2014

Decided to chance an accumulator for the first time this season!
Two actually...

Man City, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Forest Green, Dundee, Hamilton

Watford, Morecambe, Gateshead, Braintree, Borehamwood, Bromley, North Ferriby, Nantwich

Could be £430 richer tonight haha

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Adrian - 30 Aug 2014

(30 Aug 2014, 10:51 am)tyresmoke Decided to chance an accumulator for the first time this season!
Two actually...

Man City, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Forest Green, Dundee, Hamilton

Watford, Morecambe, Gateshead, Braintree, Borehamwood, Bromley, North Ferriby, Nantwich

Could be £430 richer tonight haha
Not bad, apart from the Scottish teams. I find it as bad as betting on early rounds of the cups.

I've got a treble on Sunderland, Chelsea and Bournemouth which should return me about 250 quid.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 01 Sep 2014

Deadline day!!!!

So far

Sunderland - Diakite leaves SAFC - Sunderland AFC has confirmed that defender Modibo Diakite has left the club by mutual consent.

According to sky sports,

News coming up from Sunderland very soon on @SkySportsNewsHQ. Two departures, and Coates' medical underway.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 01 Sep 2014

(01 Sep 2014, 12:41 pm)Michael Deadline day!!!!

So far

Sunderland - Diakite leaves SAFC - Sunderland AFC has confirmed that defender Modibo Diakite has left the club by mutual consent.

According to sky sports,

News coming up from Sunderland very soon on @SkySportsNewsHQ. Two departures, and Coates' medical underway.

Apparently teams are only allowed one loan signing from fellow Prem sides.
If it is the case and Coates does sign on loan, what does that do to the Borini and Fresh Prince of Bel Air rumours?
Cos they have both been linked with loan deals on Wearside - it either means they aren't happening, or the deals will be permanent.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 01 Sep 2014

(01 Sep 2014, 12:51 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Apparently teams are only allowed one loan signing from fellow Prem sides.
If it is the case and Coates does sign on loan, what does that do to the Borini and Fresh Prince of Bel Air rumours?
Cos they have both been linked with loan deals on Wearside - it either means they aren't happening, or the deals will be permanent.

Not bothered about Borini now, hes had hes chance, let him rot on the bench.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 01 Sep 2014

(01 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm)Michael Not bothered about Borini now, hes had hes chance, let him rot on the bench.

Looks like he is off to QPR!
Offer of £10m accepted.

Still no word on Wellbeck.

(01 Sep 2014, 2:59 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Looks like he is off to QPR!
Offer of £10m accepted.

Still no word on Wellbeck.

He can go to QPR, had hes chance to join us, we still have the bid accepted sooo u never know, because hes piss farted around for so long, i hope we don't sign him but we need a striker!

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Malarkey - 01 Sep 2014

Coates Deal has been Completed - Season Long Loan - As for Borini, I pray he goes to QPR, Not worth £10m+ anyway.