North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MurdnunoC - 25 Sep 2014

And of course, who can forget Liverpool making an attempt to sign the fictional Harchester United player, Didier Baptiste.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/nov/24/newsstory.sport3

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 25 Sep 2014

(25 Sep 2014, 4:49 pm)AdamY And of course, who can forget Liverpool making an attempt to sign the fictional Harchester United player, Didier Baptiste.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/1999/nov/24/newsstory.sport3
Another fuck up of a transfer was Ibrahima Bakayoko, Walter Smith signed him for Everton

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/arguably-evertons-worst-transfer-xi-of-all-time/attachment/ibrahima-bakayoko-300x227

He was signed after he was scouted using Championship Manager 97/98, I can confirm he was a beast on that version of the game, him and Emile Heskey could easy 30+ goals apiece every season...Bakayoko, or Baka-Joke-O or Spakayoko(as an Everton fan pal of mine called him) was useless in real life...

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 26 Sep 2014

Remember when we were discussing 3G/4G pitches a while ago...Well

Artificial pitches set to return to Football League

About time in my opinion

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 29 Sep 2014

Pardew sacked in the morning?

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 9:07 pm)Michael Pardew  sacked in the morning?

Yes hopefully!
Did you hear the chants around the Britannia?  ''Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning''

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 9:09 pm)Tom Yes hopefully!
Did you hear the chants around the Britannia?  ''Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning''

Na i only watched bits of it, i was watching new tricks Tongue

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 30 Sep 2014

Was in the area, so popped along to Sincil Bank to see the Lincoln - Gateshead match tonight.

Was amongst the 55 other away fans.

Wright's equaliser was a cracker, but still can't help feeling the team are poorer compared to last season, despite the new arrivals.

Still unbeaten in 4 (I think?) and sitting comfortably near the top of the table.

Survived the proper 'away days'/'Mean Street' footbridge over the railway line, which is lacking in any illumination whatsoever.

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Oct 2014

(30 Sep 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos1 Was in the area, so popped along to Sincil Bank to see the Lincoln - Gateshead match tonight.

Was amongst the 55 other away fans.

Wright's equaliser was a cracker, but still can't help feeling the team are poorer compared to last season, despite the new arrivals.

Still unbeaten in 4 (I think?) and sitting comfortably near the top of the table.

Survived the proper 'away days'/'Mean Street' footbridge over the railway line, which is lacking in any illumination whatsoever.
If I am honest I prefer away games than home when I watch Darlington...I do love playing away

Met some proper nutty geezers and nice treacles on me travels

#NEBhashtags
#keepmenutdaaaaannnn

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 01 Oct 2014

There's even a photo of me on the @gatesheadfc twitter feed from last night, like Jimmy at Stockton

#needagoodzoom
#hashtagsonNEB

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Oct 2014

(01 Oct 2014, 7:34 am)Andreos1 There's even a photo of me on the @gatesheadfc twitter feed from last night, like Jimmy at Stockton

#needagoodzoom
#hashtagsonNEB
Bloody hell...Gatesheads twitter bod has potentially got the biggest photo of all time...Fenchouses very equivalent of Gerry Adams Big Grin

#andreosunmasked

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Oct 2014

Guessing this is the picture

[Image: ByzX16hIMAAcRsX.jpg]

#needabloodygoodzoom Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 01 Oct 2014

It is that picture!

Amongst the throngs of people in the away end.

#onein56chamceofspottingme

(01 Oct 2014, 7:43 am)Andreos1 It is that picture!

Amongst the throngs of people in the away end.

#onein56chamceofspottingme
Lol...Just had a flash of the announcement of Saddam Hussein being found...

Ladies and Gentlemen, we got him

Only to find we are no closer to answering the important question...What does Fencehouses' answer to Che Guevara look like...

Your like Banksy you are Big Grin

#fpfnevergetsboring

Aye, the Ché Guevara link is a bit more apt compared to Gerry Adams Wink

#needarangeoftshirts

Re: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 01 Oct 2014

Yeah, I thought Che was a better comparison to be honest...

Andreos t-shirts Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

back on topic, hope Heed have a good season

Despite their solid, but unspectacular start to the season - I still feel they have lost the zip and spark from last season.

They have hit on lucky, with the previously not-very-prolific Danny Wright, suddenly becoming prolific!

Hopefully things can improve as the season progresses and they can step up a level over the next few months.

(01 Oct 2014, 7:52 am)Andreos1 Aye, the Ché Guevara link is a bit more apt compared to Gerry Adams Wink

#needarangeoftshirts
Theres a game in this somewhere

#wheresandreos

As for the start, I hope last season wasn't a flash in the pan...seems like average attendance is up, and that can only show 1 thing, Gateshead can slowly, but surely sustain a League 2 Club, they will never be able to compete with NUFC and SAFC, but could compete with Hartlepool at that Level for fans...

Do u goto many on the road Andreos

Apart from Wembley, last night was the first game I have seen Gateshead play, away from the International Stadium.
I think Adam mentioned he has been to a few away games previous.

Work and family commitments restrict home games, never mind away ones.
Just happened to be in the Lincoln area last night (after a rejig of the diary...). I have been unable to tie trips down Hampshire/Surrey with a Woking game so far!
Suppose at the level Darlo are at, local away games are a lot more common.
Lincoln are about as close as it gets (along with Grimsby) for away trips in Gateshead's case.

Attendances are higher than last/previous seasons.
The test is maintaining them on cold, soggy matchdays over the course of the winter.

They're not playing great, but apart from the odd blip and Grimsby shambles, they have ground out results.
Which means, should they hit form, they are in a better position to last year, where they literally worked their way from the bottom of the table, before hitting their purple patch in the new year.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 05 Oct 2014

Sunderland finally won yesterday, they beat Stoke 3-1.

Newcastle drew 2-2 with Swansea

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Dan - 05 Oct 2014

(05 Oct 2014, 9:44 am)Michael Sunderland finally won yesterday, they beat Stoke 3-1.

Newcastle drew 2-2 with Swansea

'Twas a much needed win for Sunderland.
Atmosphere was great yesterday.